16th August 2010, 03:42 AM
devnarayan

No jobs for ECE students?

I have recently completed my b.tech in ece discipline . My gate score was 301 and 1.7 marks will required for gate qualify. My college in west bengal was very bad one, no ece student get placement. In this time my family economics tending towards 0,and i hardly search job but no body help me. Please give me suggestion for the saving life of himself and family?

16th August 2010, 12:32 PM
Vijay G

Arrow Re: No jobs for ECE students?

Now as you're not getting job.... You can start your own business.... As you're engineer you try to learn programming you can learn it yourself and search for jobs in other fields also....
Best of luck!!!!!!!!
16th August 2010, 01:27 PM
jiyaa

Default Re: No jobs for ECE students?

dear student,
since u r a b.tech engineer so u should be bold enogh to face the challenges,go for the off campusing.u r having much more job oppurtunity than others,ucan also move to software sector,i think job should be your first priority,keep faith in yourself.
with best wishes
16th August 2010, 04:10 PM
vakhil02

Smile Re: No jobs for ECE students?

hiiii devnarayan ,

First thing u do dnt get so much of tensed of the present situation .In every one's life problems are common , u need to face them bodly ............

Here is a advice forget about that ur a Graduate nd go for every small job ( i mean interviews) in no time u will get a job for sure .
or do one thng being in home u can work .......
i mean like data entry operaters or like tele callers ........by doing this partially apply for the graduate related jobs
by doing them consequently (or parllely ) u can improve ur family economics
u make ur family strong nd will become strong. ................

Dnt think i am telling 4 joke r sumthng else
it takes time bt it works
thats 4 sure .

Dnt think i am telling 4 joke r sumthng else
it takes time bt it works
thats 4 sure .

be cool nd just think of what i said
16th August 2010, 05:05 PM
srujan582

hi devnarayan
I think first set ur mind for either doing a job or higher studies, for the jobs u can go through with websites like freshersworld.com,naukari.com etc where u can find plenty of jobs for ece and other sectors, Otherwise u can go through with bank exams .
16th August 2010, 07:01 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hey friend jus be calm don stress yoself .....there are many jobs for the ece ..jus you put up your resume in any of the jobs .com so that you get job alerts..atten the job fair across yo areas and put up your resume there also ....then sure you can get jobs...........work hard you wil achieve..........don search jobs with stress on u jus be cool try you wil get it............

regards
azhar
16th August 2010, 07:07 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as u r ECE student then u can get jobs in private sectors as well as govt. sectors... u can give the upcomming exams like GTO, BEL, NTPCwhich will help u to get a very good govt. job..u can also give UPSC exam...

i will suggest u to read employment news daily.. u can get latest job related news from there...

don't worry, u will get a job...

all the best..
16th August 2010, 08:06 PM
rohit_k

dear friend
donot worry it is possible for placement and to do hard work so you can chance for placenment
16th August 2010, 08:28 PM
mohit brh

Dear friends,
I think you should search job in engineering colleges as a faculty because you will get salary which is sufficient for you and your family and you can do preparation of government sector like BEL or many other and also try in private company. but never go for GATE if you have financial problem.

all the best.
16th August 2010, 08:41 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Smile Re: No jobs for ECE students?

hey !! chill..it's not the end...you have just completed your b.tech ..you have lot of tym left in ur hand..try pursuing m.tech by giving gate exam then you can do p.hd if you want otherwise teaching is the best option ..the best way to prepare for gate is to teach in an engineering college.since you have passed your b.tech you are now eligible to be a lecturer...in that way you cn earn your living without hampering gate preparation..
16th August 2010, 08:48 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

You can go for walk in inter views as well as submit ut your resume at www.freshersworld.com .its a very good site for finding jobs for freshers. and try giving PSU exams regularly
16th August 2010, 10:06 PM
avneetrocky

i think this link will help u most
http://www.clickindia.com/search.php?q=fresher+jobs+for+ECE+graduadates
16th August 2010, 10:12 PM
robart
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

don't loss heart.it is very sorry to hear that you are suffering from worst situation.but don't worry now.

you can try in other colleges of west bengals non gate saets.there are some seats in jadaypur university for M.TECH. degree.also there are many private colleges are present under WBUT in which you can take asmission.

along with your m.tech course you can also do job as a lecturee in private engineering colleges of W.B.

best of luck.
16th August 2010, 10:54 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear frend,
my suggestion to you is first hav confidence in you.u vl definately get a job.its not that there are no jobs for ECE students.you can apply to various job sites.you can also try for software companies as the market is slowly recovering.so js keep trying.Best of Luck!!!!!!!
16th August 2010, 11:16 PM
love_star

Location: 128/939 Y Block, Kidwai Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Wink Re: No jobs for ECE students?

You need not worry. There is vast scope for ece infact it is core branch and you can go both in public and private sectors. Yes, your college was bad that is why you did not get placement but you should apply for interviews and surely you will get a job.
16th August 2010, 11:16 PM
ankushnitr

dont be disharted !!!
try for off campus placement . be updated with vaccancies in different companies.
example-samsung,tcs,accenture,wipro,infosys.
try hard and dont think about results.

all d very best
16th August 2010, 11:54 PM
yashaswini t s

there are many oppurtuniyies for ece students .
here are the sites which may help you
www.ece.cmu..edu/undergraduate/employment.html
www.coe.montanna.edu/eeinfo/bznjobs.htm
www.dragg.in
www.timesjobs.com
17th August 2010, 12:22 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

hmm...thats a hard situtation brother. Its strange that no ECE student from your college got anything. Anyways if god closes one door it opens other doors too.

So what you can do is you can apply for MBA. Try hard for CAT and this time leave all your previous failures behind and dont worry everything will be alright.. But since your famility situation is kinda hargoing these days so MBA will be quite costly for you.

Try applying for some scholarship which can fund for your studies.

All the best brother. God isnt that hard and he will surely help you
17th August 2010, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

hmm...
It is serious but i can suggest you.
if you know any programming language like C,C ,JAVA or tally then u can get prepare well n apply for software company like HCL , INFOSYS , TCS.
but check out if you are eligible then apply for it.
There are lot of vacancy in it.
17th August 2010, 01:15 AM
Ankur Omar

hello friend
really its a big problem.
But if you have learn any language like C,C++,JAVA etc.
Then you can easily apply for software company like HCL , TCS , INFOSYS , WIPRO.
you apply for these if you are eligible.
ALL THE BEST.
17th August 2010, 01:32 AM
danveer

Thumbs up Re: No jobs for ECE students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnarayan View Post
I have recently completed my b.tech in ece discipline . My gate score was 301 and 1.7 marks will required for gate qualify. My college in west bengal was very bad one, no ece student get placement. In this time my family economics tending towards 0,and i hardly search job but no body help me. Please give me suggestion for the saving life of himself and family?
DONT GET upset dear this the time to manage so you just start your career with low salary just start it.it will some how help to and your family. best of luck.
17th August 2010, 10:30 AM
jomson varghese

Quote:
dear friend,
The first thing you can do to remove your fear.there are lot of chance for ECE field.you just visit WWW. fresher world.com . you just apply and go for the interview that face boldly.Dont worry about job.
wish you all the best to your future
18th August 2010, 04:40 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
Do not get worried about jobs,apply online or offline for various jobs you will surely get job somewhere.

If you have the criteria then you will surely succeed in your life..

Look for www.freshersworld.com/jobs/...

All the best..
19th August 2010, 08:14 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

ECE students dont have jobs ??? its not possible....infact ECE students are most eligible for many kind of jobs...you can go to electronics line...and with india becoming the fastest growing telecome sector...you can always apply for mobile communication companies...Try giving PSU and upsc exams ..it will increase your habit of reading as most entrance exams for jobs have mental aability papers in common...look for jobs in various sites www.freshersworld.com
21st August 2010, 03:20 AM
devnarayan

thank u very much friends! i get many good and hopeful suggestion from you.
21st August 2010, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

i have done my B.Tech from ece branch.with 59.18% marks but i have three carry papers remaining please tell me the appropriate way to find a job up till i do not clear my back papers.l will do any kind of job (part time or full time).
email id- [email protected]
Mo no -9451341936
22nd August 2010, 01:26 PM
devnarayan

you can join bpo call centers if your's english or regionl language is good. you may apply for part time jobs or if you have passion for teaching then you may teach child of 11,12th std. but u should also prepare for removing backlogs since carrier after B.tech is more imp than this time.
5th September 2010, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

sir i am student of b.tech third year what persentage neede for findig a goods job in present time and in jto exam they conduct interview or only qualifying paper
my name is rajkumar jaiswal from u. p.
5th September 2010, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello Friends! I am Raajkumar Final year ECE student. I have decided to go for a job in a private or public sector. I am lookin gfor guidance which will lead me to some Government jobs. What are the exams conducted by central government or state government. If anyone knows something about this Kindly inform me at e-mail [email protected] Thank you
8th September 2010, 01:50 AM
sanjusabu

Quote:
Engineers are considered to be the strong hearted man in world, and i think you are in your very young phase of your life ,there is a very long way to go in your life . So, don't worry too much and go for the off campusing jobs as many companies offer recruitments to the freshers like :
1) Fresher / Trainee Engineer (ECE, EXTC)
Teleman Institute of Wireless Technologies Private Limited
2) Btech/BE Fresher Requirement
United Online Software Development (India) Private Limited
3) Defiance hiring young software professional
Defiance Technologies Ltd
4) You can go for Bank or Railway jobs as they provide a lot of recruitments to the engineers. For the application form and dates please read
Employment newspaper regularly.

So, don't be negative about life, be positive and go for service exams,get job
and also maintain your family responsibly as they are really dependent upon you.
26th October 2010, 07:28 PM
devnarayan

i have completed my b.tech(ECE) in 2010 with 4 year gap between 12 and b.tech due to hardly prepare for iit and become patient of T.B. now due to hearing loss i am under the physically disabled candidate. and my original age becomes 28.5 year so i would handle my family but i am without any job can you help me? Bsnl recruits pwd so i left all things and prepare for this but it may not be secure since total seats is 73 but it is nonunifomaly distributed to each circle and for each circle exam date will be same.may you say in which circle chance of success is more.seats are as- Mh-17,karnatka-15,gujrat-16, bihar-4,wb-7,calcutta-6 e.tc may u tell me in which state more no of deaf engineering students persent? and where i should appear? (i fill up form of all circle).what will be cutt off for pwd candidate in bsnl jto exam section wise.?what will be alternative jobs for me?how i can entering in telcome sector?
27th October 2010, 01:17 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

now the present market scenario is very good. it is best time to find a job.

see, B.tech ECE student can apply for recruitment in the given below companies

1.TCS.

2.CTS.

3.WIPRO.

4.Mahendra tech.

5.IBM.

6.Infosys.

7.patni computer.

8.HCL.

etc.

you can also give given below govt exams

1.railways.

2.NTPC.

3.ONGC.

4.BHEL.

5.IES.

6.IAS.

7.UPSC.

etc.

all the best.....
27th October 2010, 04:38 PM
vja

hello..

at this time,as you are not getting job,you can start tutions or join in bpo's,kpo's.

all the best.....
28th October 2010, 05:24 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

after passing the b.tech it is very impoartant for the students to get a job.

if you have not get a job then no need to get worry.

upload your udated resume on the different websites
naukari.com/monester.com/timesjob.com

and then you will be called for the interview. but have knowledge of the core subjects.
28th October 2010, 10:11 PM
mseetharamster

Better join a job oriented course in some institute to get job.
If that is not possible,then enroll your name in some consultancy for job.They will arrange industrial links and will help to get job easily.Do this patiently, don't fall as prey for fake consultancies.Try with some experienced persons.

All the best.
29th October 2010, 05:22 AM
babydoll

Hi!
Hey don't get nervous you an engineer yaar...just cool your mind and try to manage yourself because engineers are always get managed.......Isn't???
As you are an electronics engineer so you can apply in both electronics and software field. You can also apply in government jobs like IES,DRDO,BSNL(JTO),defence jobs......or you can start a small business which also gives you some money for your hard work.
So the matter is simple you need to to work hard and hard for getting good job or even start own business.
So wish you all the best for you bright career.
29th October 2010, 01:12 PM
yogananda143

yeh there r many jobs for ece students,please go to banglore,there r many opportunities in banglore.please search there u'll surely get
29th October 2010, 07:06 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Now days many private engineering institutions are providing Engineering courses in various decipline which seems to be like job oriented courses but are not. Its often that a Private Engineering Student didn't get any job after completing course and institutiton placement cell also prove to be fake.

Its not that non of the job is available for ECE students. You haven't tell us the reason that why are you not getting any job, whatever the reason could be.

Well i can only suggest you to submit your resume in various job sites and prepare well for your interviews, by doing this you can get a job with basic salary at starting. After getting a good experiance of about 2 to 3 years you can apply in reputed companies(Both government and private) along with your polished skills and experiance.

You should further more need to prepare for various government exams for which Engineering students can apply.

Wishing best of your future

Good Luck..............
29th October 2010, 08:37 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
since many people like you face such situation.. but winner is the one u dare to face them.
First decide whether u want to continue studies ..then go for mtech/MBA.
Either go for enterpreneurship.
There are various govt run schemes...surely they will be useful to u.
30th October 2010, 02:28 AM
koli

don't get nervous.. it happens with many people.
if you are not getting any job, then try to find it off campusing.
right now as your economic condition is down so do whatever job you get.
stable your financial condition upto a certain limit.
along with try to find a job in your own field.
it will take some time, but don't loose hope.
6th November 2010, 03:53 AM
devnarayan

is any reservation for seats in bhel for physically disable person? i am b.tech ece. how they recruit pd candidate -1).there will be cutt-off marks in open competition exam for pd and for qualify or 2) candidates are listed as mraks obtained in open competition exam in descending order? i am an avg engg students and physical disable should i prepare govt sector or by taking training start career in private field?
15th November 2010, 10:42 PM
malini k

Dear friend,
You can go for government sector jobs since you are a electronics engineer
You can try in industries like BHEL, BSNL, ALL INDIA RADIO, etc
There will be PSUs to this firms
Write those exams and try to get placed
If there is no way try to get placed in small industries or BPOs,or call centres or in companies which are in the starting stage
Good luck
friend
Don't worry
keep on trying
15th November 2010, 11:55 PM
ashish121

first u shud start wid small firm there u ca learn a lot and then u wud definitely get a good offer
16th November 2010, 12:25 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:

You completed your BE in electronics and communication then you can search for jobs in your region and if you are not able to find any job then join BPO and start earning and dont stop searching for jobs which are of good reputation and money.
16th November 2010, 12:36 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: No jobs for ECE students?

Quote:
see nothing is impossible don'e loose hope because one of my friend even same in this situation and even he got only 55% in btech with entc discipline, but now he is earning good wealth
what you do don't loose hope

refer or visit
monstor.com
freshersworld.com

and other resume uploading or employment giving sites.

and even first go for a small scale job , have some experince and then go for
any company
i know if you are facing unemployment kind of situation not getting any job
towards entc then go for 5 months coaching in .NET or java or unix and join one of the software company
this will be your last option
good luck
16th November 2010, 12:47 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hiii

dont worry yar..
as u r ECE student then u can get jobs in private sectors as well as govt. sectors... u can give the upcomming exams like GTO, BEL, NTPCwhich will help u to get a very good govt. job..u can also give UPSC exam...

i will suggest u to read employment news daily.. u can get latest job related news from there...

don't worry, u will get a job...

good luck.
16th November 2010, 06:37 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

be bold and face the challanges of your life. since your financial condition is not good you can easily earn money if you are good at programming. make software and sell it in the market. if your programming is not good you can do some online work to earn money. for this purpose register yourself on the site-www.freelancer.com . and if the above mentioned methods fails then apply in public and private sector for job. you will have to face either interview or written exam or both.
16th November 2010, 09:38 AM
pramodkumar.ein

Excuse a small suggestion from me is please don't loose your self-confidence
16th November 2010, 09:49 AM
dency

To get a job is difficult nowadays in ECE. Because most of the toppers in 12th selects the ECE branch only. Mostly nowadays many students prefer to join ECE. In that we have to struggle hard to get a job.
Better write JTO exam or apply for CAT Exam. Both fetch you a good carrier.
Else upload in resume in some wesites like timesjob.com.
Hope God give you good career soon. I would like to say you a thing that i am also a ECE student.
16th November 2010, 10:12 AM
lakveldi

hi friend iam also a ECE student searching for a job meanwhile i try to do content writing jobs for pocket money.if u will write 5000 words daily u can able to get RS300/day.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?