4th September 2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I go for teaching profession after completing B.E EEE?

i have completed B.E (EEE) can i go for teaching profession? if yes answer where in school or college and for what subject?

8th September 2012, 11:59 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for teaching profession after completing B.E EEE?

You can join any engineering college as guest lecturer. For this you must possess good academic results. It is possible to get to permanent faculty position only after qualifying master’s degree in engineering. M.Tech/M.E graduates who have qualified NET exam can get in to the role of Professor in government colleges. Subject to be taught depends on vacancy and also up to management decisions.
27th November 2012, 05:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for teaching profession after completing B.E EEE?

You will have to pursue additional courses to actually become teacher or college lecturer. It would depend on your choice whether you want to teach school students of college students.

If you ask me the better choice would be college lectureship. But for that you will have to do post graduation. M.Tech would be the most obvious choice. To pursue M.Tech you will have to appear for General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE).

Once you have completed M.Tech, you will have the option to either apply for lectureship in government college or private college. For government colleges you will have to appear for National Eligibility Test. Here is the criteria for the exam.

Eligibility

1. post graduation degree in any discipline from a UGC recognized university.

2. At least 55 percent marks in pg.

3. SC/ST need minimum of 50 percent marks.

4. Your NET subject should be related to post graduation course.

5. Final year students of Master degree may also apply.

6. There is no age limit for College Lectureship.

The process of selection in private colleges is different. They may conduct an interview and check your academic record to give you lecturer job. One thing that I should mention to you. The salary in private sector is higher than the government sector. Most people pursue M.Tech to become college lecturers.

If you want school teaching job, although I will not recommend that, you will have to pursue B.Ed course.

Eligibility

1. A graduation degree in any stream.

2. Minimum of 50 percent marks.

3. OBC need 45 percent marks.

4. The requirement for SC/ST is 40 percent.

After completing Bachelor of Education, you should apply for the Central Teachers Eligibility Test. This test is conducted by CBSE tor recruit teachers to government schools. I don't recommend school teaching because the salary in government sector isn't good. You can get better paid jobs with B.Tech degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?