21st December 2011, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Air Force after 12th in the field of Information Technology?

hello! I am an fyjc student and I want to ask that can I join airforce after 12th in the field of Imformation technology because my main subject in science stream is IT.

Related Questions:
  1. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force?
  2. How to join Indian Air force after completing Diploma in Information Technology?
  3. How can I join Indian Air Force being a 10th student? Detailed information about Indian Air Force?
  4. Is a student from management background eligible to join any field of indian air force?
  5. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis? -- [New]
  7. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  8. How to join Indian Air Force after completing 3 years diploma in Information Technology
  9. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester in BE IT after completion of Diploma?
  10. How can I join Indian Air Force after graduating B.Com with 73%
  11. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  12. Can i join Air Force with commerce?
  13. How to join indian air force or navy after 12th science?
  14. How to join Indian Air Force after completing 3 years diploma in IT?
  15. What subjects should I choose in 10+2 to join Air Force?
  16. How to join Air Force after clearing 12th with 66.15% in commerce Maths
  17. Can I join Army, Air Force and Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
  18. Passed 12th MCVC in Electrical Technology : Can I join Indian Air Force as a Fighter Pilot?
27th December 2011, 02:14 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Air Force after 12th in the field of Information Technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello! I am an fyjc student and I want to ask that can I join airforce after 12th in the field of Imformation technology because my main subject in science stream is IT.
After +2, you may join Air Force Academy, where after completion of the necessary training program, you will be recruited as an officer in the Indian Air Force. To do so, you will have to qualify an entrance test conducted by union public service commission and to be eligible for it, you must have studied maths and physics at +2 level.

If you didn't had the combination of physics and maths in the +2 level, you may apply for the post of Airman in Group Y, provided you have scored a minimum of 50% in the +2 exam.

For more information, refer to the official website of Indian Air Force.
27th December 2011, 12:41 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I join Air Force after 12th in the field of Information Technology?

Quote:
You can join Indian Air force as an officer after the 10+2 if you are having maths and physics in your 10+2. You can apply for the Indian Air force as an officer through National defence academy examination. This examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. To apply for this examination you need the following eligibility criteria:

Education Qualification
For the National defence academy examination a candidate should be 10+2 pass and should have physics and maths at 10+2.
Those appeared in the 10+2 examination are also eligible to apply for the NDA examination.

Age Limit
Candidate applying for the National defence academy examination should have age between 16.5 to 19 years.

For more information on National defence academy examination you can visit at the below web site

www.upsc.gov.in
27th December 2011, 01:37 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Air Force after 12th in the field of Information Technology?

dear friend,
To join in Air force you have to qualify in NDA exam..

Which is conducted by UPSC twice in every year..

Eligibility for NDA exam:-

For Air Force wing:-

1.Candidate must have complete the 12th with physics and maths..

2.Candidates age should be in between 16.5-19 years.

3.candidate must be a citizen of India.

4.Candidate must be physically fit..

These are the eligibility you have to fulfill..

So, if you have maths and physics in 12th then you can apply for IAF..

All the best.
27th December 2011, 03:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If You have completed 12th standard with above 50% then you are eligible for NDA exam.Also you have fulfill the below criteria.

You are not eligible for NDA exam because those candidate have completed 12th standard with Physics and Math are eligible for NDA exam.

Also your are should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.You must have citizenship of India.Only unmarried Male candidate are applicable for NDA exam.

NDA notification already announced .So i have listed the notification details in given below.

EXAM DATE FOR NDA I EXAM:-

Date of commencement of notification : 31-12-2011
Last date to receive completed application forms : 30-01-2012
Date of NDA I Exam : 15-04-2012

EXAM DATE FOR NDA II EXAM:-

Date of commencement of notification : 05-05-2012
Last date for the receipt of completed application forms : 04-06-2012
Date of NDA II Exam : 19-08-2012

For more information on this exam, you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th January 2012, 11:37 PM
ANANT STAR

Quote:
yes of course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?