12th August 2013, 11:14 PM
saravanams98

Can I join direct 2nd year in IIT after finishing 10th standard

i finished my 10th std and now i'm in diplomo so without 12th qualification can i join direct 2nd year in IIT? pls clear my doubt sir

18th June 2014, 07:54 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I join direct 2nd year in IIT after finishing 10th standard

First of all start with coaching for IIT JEE at class 11. Most of the students aspiring to join IIT prefer the Yearlong Classroom Contact Programmes in Class-XI or XII. Formal school education goes with the IIT-JEE and other engineering / medical / similar entrance or scholarship examinations preparations.
You have to score above 60 per cent aggregate in class 12. For getting into the IIT, you have to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) which is a common admission test for students seeking admission to undergraduate programmes of all IITs. Initially you have to appear as a candidate in the JEE (Main) which is conducted by JEE Apex Board, in the month of April. JEE(Advanced) is conducted by IITs in the month of June. Only the top 1,50,000 scorers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE, OBC (NCL), SC, ST and PD) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced). The JEE (Advanced) have two objective type papers. Each paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Duration of each paper will be 3-hours.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?