19th June 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy after completing 12th with commerce?

can i join indian navy after completing 12 with commerce....please tell me can i do it

20th June 2012, 11:14 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy after completing 12th with commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i join indian navy after completing 12 with commerce....please tell me can i do it
No, if you are from commerce stream then you can not join Indian Navy after completing your Intermediate examination. Only those candidates may apply for Indian Navy who have completed his Intermediate examination with Maths and Physics as a compulsory Subjects.

After Intermediate examination, you are eligible to apply for NDA Examination, But you can only apply for Army wings of NDA, Only unmarried male candidates between the age of 16.5 to 19 years are eligible for NDA Examination. So you can not apply for Naval and Air force wings because you are from commerce background.

If you want to join navy then please complete your Graduation degree course and then you can apply for :

## PC Logistics cadre
## SSC Logistics Cadre

If you have completed your Intermediate examination with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects then you can apply for Indian Navy. But you have not study these subjects, so you can only apply for Army wings and for more details check official website of UPSC.
21st June 2012, 11:53 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HELLO!!

One can join Indian defence services by giving the NDA entrance exam conducted by UPSC Twice every year.

since yu are a commerce student hence you can not apply for indian NAVY but can apply for Indian army and airforce...........

if you want to give the exam you can give NDA-2 exam which will held later this year..........

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for NDA

-The Age of the candidate should be B/W 16.5 to 19 years inclusive of both dates
-There is no percentage barrier to be eligible for NDA you are just required to be passed from CLASS XII Exam.
-candidates should have passed or be appearing XII class from a recognized board .
-candidates having PCM in class XII can apply for all three branches namely navy,millitary,airforce.
-candidates not having PCM can only apply for Indian Millitary Academy

you being a commerce candidate can apply for Indian millitary academy only........

DETAILS OF NDA-2

---Date of Notification--- 05/05/2012
---Last Date for Receipt of completed Application--- 04/06/2012
---Date of Exam--- 19/08/2012

In case you want only to apply for navy then you can apply for combined defense services exam (CDSE) Which is held for the graduates only...........

hope this helped................

with regards
roknits
13th October 2012, 10:44 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

~~•> NDA - National Defence Academy

~~•> NDA examination is held by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year for the recruitment of the aspirants to the following wings :~
• Indian Air Force
• Indian Army
• Indian Navy
~~•>> Yes, Commerce and Arts Candidate can apply for NDA but can apply only for the Army wing.

~~•> Eligibility Criteria :-

Your nationality should be Indian.
You should be an unmarried male candidate.
Your age must be between 16.5 years to 19 years.
You must have passed the 12th class examination or any equivalent qualification from a recognized Board or University.
Apart from these, you must be physically fit.

~~•> Physical Standards :~

>> Height and Weight :-

>> Vision :-

~~•> NDA Exam Pattern :-

>> For further details, visit www.upsc.gov.in
9th July 2019, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Is this necessary that we have passed out with 75% or grater then this
7th June 2020, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

can female join navy after or with 12th commerce?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?