27th May 2015, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Can I become an Officer in Indian Navy after completing 12th being a female candidate?

Hello Everyone,
I am in 11th and I want to join Indian Railway
after 12th. So, can I join Indian Navy as an Officer?
I am a girl so can I get job in Indian Navy Officer?
Waiting for your reply.

30th May 2015, 01:57 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an Officer in Indian Navy after completing 12th being a female candidate?

No, you are eligible to join in Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard being a female candidate. Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to join in Indian Navy by appearing in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 19 years.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
30th May 2015, 05:34 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an Officer in Indian Navy after completing 12th being a female candidate?

No, you are not eligible for any entry in Indian Navy after 12th class.
Girls candidate can only apply for Indian Navy after graduation.

After graduation you can apply for CDS entry. CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year in the months of February and August.

Age Limit for Girl Candidate :
19 to 25 years

Educational Qualification : Candidate must have B.Sc degree with Physics and Mathematics or Engineering degree from any recognised university.

For more detail please visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th May 2015, 05:45 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear it is Not possible to become an officer with 12th qualification. Since being a Female candidate you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy. But I don't understand that whether you are asking about Indian Navy or Indian Railways.

Here there is a Small Confusion in the query. So based on that I have given you the detailed information about both Indian Navy and Indian Railways.

Indian Navy after 12th :

<> Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible for Indian Navy after 12th.

<> You must have completed 12th with minimum percentage of marks from the recognized University.

<> Age should be in between 161/2 to 19 years.

<> Being a Female candidate you don't have eligibility to apply for "NDA Examination ".

Indian Railways :

<> After completion of 12th there is a Exam called " SCRA Examination " .

<> For this you should complete intermediate from the recognized University with Maths, Physics and Chemistry are the main subjects.

<> Age should be in between 17 to 21 years.

There will written Examination and Interview for SCRA examination.
30th May 2015, 07:06 PM
Ashwakh

** Female candidates are not eligible to join in Navy after 12th .

** Minimum qualification for Female candidates to join in Navy is Graduation . So , you should complete Graduation to join in Indian navy.
Through CDS exam , you will get Officer level post in Navy.

After completion of Graduation , you can apply for the CDS exam to join in Indian navy.

To join in Navy , age shouldbe in between 19-22 years only .
You shouldbe a citizen of India
You shouldbe an unmarried candidate
You shouldhave completed Graduation from a Recognised university.

Selection process is ,

1. Written exam
2. SSB Interview
3. Medical Test

Exam syllabus is ,

1. General knowledge
2. General english
3. Elementary maths
30th May 2015, 07:12 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy after completing 12th std. Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for Indian Navy after completing 12th std. Being a female candidate, you are not eligible to apply.
30th May 2015, 07:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am in 11th and I want to join Indian Railway
after 12th. So, can I join Indian Navy as an Officer?
I am a girl so can I get job in Indian Navy Officer?
Waiting for your reply.
After completion of 11th standard, you can apply for Indian Navy through NDA exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Written examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 mins

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks
30th May 2015, 08:11 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become an officer in Indian Navy after completing 12th being a female candidate.

Indian Navy releases notification to fill up the sailor's positions. Candidates who are interested to apply for this job should fulfill the following eligibility criteria.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be the citizen of India.

* Candidate should have completed 10+2 or equivalent in science stream with 60% or more aggregate with Maths and Physics or at least one of these subjects from a recognized board of Institution.

* Applicants must be born between 1st February 1996 and 31st January 1999.
30th May 2015, 08:12 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No being an female candidate you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy as for same you are required to clear the National Defense Academy examination for which the female candidates are not eligible .

Also for joining Indian Railway you have to crack the Special Class Railway Apprentice examination held by Union Public Service Commission once every year and for which the necessary required qualifications are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian Candidate .

* Your age must be within 17 years to 21 years .Age relaxation is provided as per the norms .

* You must have done your 12th with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects with at least 45% aggregate from a recognized board .

For more information regarding the pattern and notification of upcoming SCRA examination log on the link www.upsc.gov.in .
11th August 2015, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

I am passing 12std I want to join indian navi I got 82 percent in science with PCBM group can I am abil to to join indian navi as a femail?
12th March 2016, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

I m passing 12 std I want to join Indian Navy I got 59.8 prcnt marks in science stream with pcm can I join Indian navy as a female?
14th October 2016, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

I'm a female. I'm studying Bachelor of Business Administration right now. But i have passed my 12th std through science background itself. Do I have an opportunity to join Indian Navy after completing my MBA graduation?
29th July 2020, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

After Bsc graduation can I joined indian navy girls ...officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?