3rd April 2010, 10:58 PM
varunbhandari

Can I join Merchant navy after Engineering in Electronics and Communications?

I am completed my engg in electronics and comm. but i want to join merchant navy,can u please suggest me some good shiping companies for taking job or please you guide me how can i enter in navy? i also apply for anglo eastern but that company postponed the inteview.i want that type of comapny who trained the employees and then getting job in own company itself.i dont want to join training institute 1st and den get placed?

Related Questions:
  1. Can i join merchant navy after graduation in electronics and communication engineering? I am 20 years old
  2. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  3. Can a Btech ECE join Merchant Navy?
  4. Should I join Indian Navy or merchant navy? I have completed MSc electronics with 62%
  5. Can I join merchant navy after completing diploma in electronics & telecommunication engineering?
  6. Can I join Merchant Navy being a candidate pursuing final year of EEE and at an age of 19 years? How to apply for Merchant Navy?
  7. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  8. Can I join Merchant Navy after completing engineering in electronics and telecommunication
  9. Am I eligible for merchant navy after pursing B.E in electronics and communication branch
  10. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Common application form for non upsc entries?
  12. Is there any scope to join in Merchant Navy after completing engineering in electronics and telecommunication branch?
  13. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  14. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  15. What is the criteria to join Merchant Navy? I have completed Polytechnic in industrial electronics
  16. What is the criteria to join Merchant Navy? I have completed Polytechnic in Industrial electronics
  17. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  18. Procedure and total fee structure to join Merchant Navy after Electronics and Telecommunication? -- [New]
4th April 2010, 02:24 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant navy after Engineering in Electronics and Communications?

ok some of the good institute are :-
namac
torm
anglo eastern....

you can join the navy by giving NDA exam....
4th April 2010, 05:42 PM
fjindal

Default Re: Can I join Merchant navy after Engineering in Electronics and Communications?

Dear,
after doing engineering you can get entrance in defence in navy by giving exam for which you can get information in employment newspaper or from website of defence navy
or about merchant navy you can get all this knowledge through net
Best of Luck
5th April 2010, 08:25 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

yes of course you can join it you can get the other details from

www.winentrance.com/.../merchant_navy/Career-Merchant-Navy-Eligibility.html
5th April 2010, 10:52 PM
Pradeep kumar.H.P

If get job in that don't miss that chance please join tht course
15th April 2010, 03:26 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

yes dear friend,
you are eligible to join Merchant navy after Engineering in Electronics and Communication.you have to get good knowledge in your stream subject .then you can sit for the exam conducted by Merchant navy through CDS.
for more details you can log on to the website www.winentrance.com/.../merchant_navy/Career-Merchant-Navy-Eligibility.html
29th April 2010, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

ved:can i join merchant nevy after BE in electronics & comm engg
5th May 2010, 01:37 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
you can join merchant navy after BE in electronics and telecommunication.......
all you will have to do is to apply for CDC certificate and do some course like fire fighting which is mandatory for all ......

then apply to any of the shipping company and then you will be in .....

best of luck
5th May 2010, 06:51 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunbhandari View Post
I am completed my engg in electronics and comm. but i want to join merchant navy,can u please suggest me some good shiping companies for taking job or please you guide me how can i enter in navy? i also apply for anglo eastern but that company postponed the inteview.i want that type of comapny who trained the employees and then getting job in own company itself.i dont want to join training institute 1st and den get placed?
Hi
Yes you are eligible for this but you have to give exam of cds or other option to go for direct interview.

Company Name: Maiden Voyage Consultants
Visit at www.maidenvoyages.in
Good luck
5th May 2010, 06:52 PM
edward
Top Answerer

hey friend you can join the merchant navy after completing your graduation...........but before that you have to do 6 months sea training and after that you can apply for any of the good companies which you like to join...............some of the good companies are :-
NAMAC
TORM

you can join the indian navy by giving NDA exam or if you have score more than 75% in PCM in 12th then you can apply for the technical entry.......
8th July 2010, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after completing my b.tech in electronic and communication engineering, sir pleasegive me knowledge about this.
9th July 2010, 09:46 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i join merchant navy after completing my b.tech in electronic and communication engineering, sir pleasegive me knowledge about this.
Hello friend,

There are two possible ways to join Merchant Navy.

1. By pursuing bachelor's degree programme in nautical science or marine engineering.

The minimum qualification to pursue these coures are +2 with PCM from a recognised institute.

Institutes offering these courses are

The Training Ship chanakya, Mumbai
Marine Engineering Research institute, Kolkata/Mumbai
Directorate General of shipping, Mumbai
The Institute of Technology and Marine Engineering, West Bengal

2. Through direct entry as a deck cadet or Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer.

An undergraduate with PCM in +2 can join merchant navy as Deck Cadet.

A graduate in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology Engineering can join as Engine cadet/Junior Engineer after going through a pre-sea course conducted by the MERI.
12th July 2010, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

hi...sir..i have completed my B.Tech electronics and communication engg with 62% aggregate.i am female.i am very much interested in the shipping companies..is ther any oppurtunities for females in the shipping side or navy.i dont have much knowledge..how to get in..if there are any institutes which also trains females and get job in the good shipping comany...so..please guide me sir..please mail me to [email protected]
22nd July 2010, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

sir plz tell me some shipping companies which gives direct jobs to electronics and communication engineers ?
23rd July 2010, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Hello, plz help me out!
I am pursuing my engineering in electronics and communication and would like to have a break after completion through merchant navy. How can i get job in marine companies like NAMAC and what is the eligibility criteria?
24th July 2010, 12:03 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

you can join the indian navy by giving NDA exam or if you have score more than 75% in PCM in 12th then you can apply for the technical entry.The minimum qualification to pursue these coures are +2 with PCM from a recognized institute.A graduate in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology Engineering can join as Engine cadet/Junior Engineer after going through a pre-sea course conducted by the MERI.
24th July 2010, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

merchant navy notifications i am dng b.tech in ece trade 3rd year....
26th July 2010, 07:26 PM
mohit.gautam

]i am completed my engg in electronics and comm. but i want to join merchant navy,i dont have much knowledge..how to get in.. please you guide me how can i enter in navy?
1st August 2010, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

sir i am doing engineering in e.c.e branch,i am an average student & i have got even backlogs,i am in very much depression
please help me out this.
16th August 2010, 04:50 PM
anand mohan gupta

i m 5th sem elec. & commu. engg. student. i want to get job in merchant navy. can u suggest me. i have no much knowledge about it.
17th August 2010, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

i m 5th sem elec. & commu. engg. student. i want to get job in merchant navy. i have no much knowledge about it
so,plz give me some knowledge to take the job in that and what necessary courses which i hve done to take the jobs in it & join me to [email protected]
19th August 2010, 07:26 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear freind,

As u want to join in merchant navy, for that u have to appear in some entrance exams.. by giving this type of entrance exam u can get a job in marine companies like NAMAC..

after doing btech u study the employment news from where u can get all the news..

there are the name of some institute those are offering this type of courses,
like,
1.Marine Engineering Research institute, Kolkata/Mumbai

2.Directorate General of shipping, Mumbai

3.The Institute of Technology and Marine Engineering, West Bengal

all the best..
30th August 2010, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

I have completed btech in Applied Electronics And Instrumentation.is there any scope for me in merchant navy?what are the selection procedures?can you name some good companies?how is msc?can any one help me?
18th September 2010, 06:22 PM

7th October 2010, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after completing my b.tech from electronics and instrumentation branch?
8th October 2010, 10:49 AM

[QUOTE=varunbhandari;51627]I am completed my engg in electronics and comm. but i want to join merchant navy,can u please suggest me some good shiping companies for taking job or please you guide me how can i enter in navy?
11th October 2010, 10:45 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

you can join in Merchant navy in two ways.

1.through UES. which exam you can appear in the final year of your btech.

2.through UPSC exam. which exam you can appear after doing your btech in Electronics and Communications.

all the best...........
12th October 2010, 11:44 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea you may join in merchant navy after completion of your B.E in electronics and communication engineering. for this navy go through the indian navy website daily. there will be notification for entering into merchant navy.

best of luck.
27th October 2010, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after completion of my BE in electronics n telecomm? plz guide me about how to apply n also guide for opportunities in navy. plz send ur answer to
[email protected]. m nw in third year. is there any courses before joining navy for females?
28th October 2010, 03:46 PM
puja23

ya sure you can join navy you under go various exams provided for that..
28th October 2010, 05:07 PM
sandy.thedemon

yes you can join the merchant navy....you wil just have to apply for the UPSC exam or if you are doing engg. in final or pre final year than you can be selected through UES scheme. good luck
28th October 2010, 07:30 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Wink Re: Can I join Merchant navy after Engineering in Electronics and Communications?

yes you can definetely join merchant navy you only need to fill a form of merchant navy , face a simple exam and on clearing that exam you can be selected .good luck .
11th November 2010, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Can i join the marchant navy after B-Tech from electronics & instrumentation.
how many seats usually available?
12th November 2010, 10:39 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Merchant navy after Engineering in Electronics and Communications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i join the marchant navy after B-Tech from electronics & instrumentation.
how many seats usually available?
Hiiiiiiiiiiii friend
Yes you can join merchant navy for that the minimum qualification is 12th with maths,physics and chemistry and after being a Electronic Engineer why you want to go for that.You can opt for Indian Navy which is having more scope and its for Engineer's so i suggest you to think over it once before taking any decision..
Regards
~~
12th November 2010, 05:30 PM
neethubobby

yeah u can definitely enroll in for merchant navy.all u have to do is to submit your necessary documents and sit for a test which u can easily crack as you are from electronics background,then u will have one o two rounds of interview and then there u go
all the best
1st December 2010, 12:15 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

First you should have BE in electronics and communication.

Then you have to get cdc certificate.

Later on you have to pursue some fire fightening course.

Then you can apply for shipping company.
1st December 2010, 12:43 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
]

join Merchant navy after Engineering in Electronics and Communications
after doing engineering you can get entrance in defence in navy by giving exam for which you can get information in employment newspaper or from website of defence navy
or about merchant navy you can get all this knowledge through net

good luck.
1st December 2010, 12:58 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Dear friend ,
yes after doing engineering you can get entrance in defence in navy by giving exam you can get all this knowledge through net
you can go through merchant navy
or
defence also

Best of Luck
1st December 2010, 05:48 AM
ajkilife

Hello, Varun. Of-course you can join Merchant Navy after your Bachelor Degree. Simple way to go in, is just give entrance exam. After passing exam they call you for interview and medical. After clearing all round you are chosen for 1 year course.
The entrance exam is conducted online or offline as you choose.
Fees of that course is near about 2 to 3 lac.

I know a very good institute which is under BIRLA UNIVERSITY.
Tolani Maritime Institute. Talegaon, Pune.

All the best.
1st December 2010, 07:32 PM
neethubobby

hey yes you can join. you can go in through UES scheme.
all the best
12th December 2010, 01:53 PM
Pravinkumar G.Awkale

sir,can i join merchant navy after completing my engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication.pls guide me
21st December 2010, 07:34 AM

Arrow Re: Can I join Merchant navy after Engineering in Electronics and Communications?

I am completed my engg in electronics and comm. but i want to join merchant navy,can u please suggest me some good shiping companies for taking job or please you guide me how can i enter in navy? i also apply for anglo eastern but that company postponed the inteview.i want that type of comapny who trained the employees and then getting job in own company itself.i dont want to join training institute 1st and den get placed? Please info to me in my email adress also. [email protected]
21st December 2010, 07:41 AM

sir, i have done B.Tech.with ist class in electronics & communication engineerig, can i join merchant navy then please tell me complete process of join merchsant navy,
with thanks.
22nd December 2010, 07:05 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

GOOD EVENING FRIEND
definatly you can join MERCHANT NAVY first of all clear the entrance exam and they will call you for interview and medical

if you arfe able to clear the interview and pass all medical that tthey will provide you of 3 to 4 lac package
as there are many university like BIRLA UNIVERSITY, Tolani Maritime Institute. Talegaon, Pune.
30th December 2010, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after completing b.tech in electronics and instrumentation?
pls reply.
9th January 2011, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

What is physical criteria for merchant navy my height is 6'2"
what is proportioned weight ?
14th January 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for electrical officer after electronics and communication engineering?
19th February 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

can i join defence after engg. in electonics not communication
4th March 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

how abt 'Phoeix maritime private ltd'............is it a good shipping company......... please send yo reply to [email protected]
4th March 2011, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my b.tech in electronics and telecommunication with an overall percentage of 72%...but i dont have 60% in my 10 2..so can i go for merchant navy in a good shipping company? My email id's [email protected]...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?