1st March 2010, 04:32 PM
er.gurpreet

Can I join merchent navy in shiping line after diploma in Electronics and Communication?

i have diploma electronic & comm. and my age 25, can i join merchent navy in shiping line in this year

2nd March 2010, 01:05 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I join merchent navy in shiping line after diploma in Electronics and Communication?

I think my friend you can join the Merchant Navy..........
2nd March 2010, 09:29 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join merchent navy in shiping line after diploma in Electronics and Communication?

i am sorry to say but i think that you have exceeded the age limit to get your self enrolled in for the job but you can still opt it as you choose to join any private institute for merchant navy who will fit your eligibility conditions..
good luck..
bye take care....
4th March 2010, 03:38 AM
asish
Senior Member+

well my friend as per my knowledge you may hav just exceeded the age limit but you can still have a look around and maybe you'll be lucky enough to spot a college with no age bar
all the best
9th March 2010, 02:39 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hi.......
i think you can join if there are no age limit........merchent navy is a good .....but i suggest that you go for other........there are so many job opportunity for electronics and communication.......

for more information........
www.jobsindia.com

all the best.....
10th March 2010, 12:55 PM
kuunik

i am 17and half year old.i am 10th passed student & preparing for diploma in Electronics and Communication second year. Can I join merchent navy in shiping line after diploma in Electronics and Communication?
25th March 2010, 11:46 AM
ishant sharma

Can i join merchantnavy after diploma in electronics and communication.
I m 19 years old and in last semester of diploma
15th May 2010, 07:40 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

No you are not eligible for the merchent navy in shiping line after diploma in Electronics and Communication.
1st August 2010, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

I AM 10 2 NON MED PASSED BY 60% Can I join merchent navy in shiping line
8th August 2010, 12:55 PM
prathamesh22

dude there are various position in merchant navy which has different criteria
you can go after 10/diploma for position of apprentice
you can go for 10+2 for cadet position
whereas higher position require 10+2+4
29th August 2010, 01:29 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

you can join in merchent navy in shiping line in two ways.

1.through UES. which exam you can appear in the final year of your btech.

2.through UPSC exam. which exam you can appear after doing your btech.

all the best...........
13th January 2011, 01:31 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Dear,
the minimum qualification for joining merchant navy ....is to have either 12th pass or diploma from any branch........

so you can apply for the course...
all you have to do is to apply at any institute of merchant navy and go for a course of your choice for 3 months ....

you might have to give a exam by ignou ........scoring in which you will be allotted a college or institute on the basis of your marks......

if you are a sponsored candidate then you will be given a privilege to attend your course at the institute or company which sponsored you........

you can apply for sponsorship at torm shipping, namac ,anglo eastern shipping....
all you have to do is to appear for a qualifying exam and an interview along with a medical exam......
Thanks.
22nd January 2011, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am from dilploma mechanical can i join merchant navy
11th February 2011, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

sir i am architectural draftsman and i have 5 year experience , i am 26 year old can i join the navy, merchant navy or any other defence jobs
28th February 2011, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

sir i m 24 years old i have completed diploma in electronics i want to join indian navy can i join indian navy
28th March 2011, 05:16 AM
Unregistered

How can join navy
9th June 2011, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

sir tell me m doing diploma from mechnical m in 1st yr..can i go in shiping line like marine engg.. and my age is 16..
26th June 2011, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

can i join in navy or merchant navy after diploma in elctronics and communication.my age is 21.please help me...i am so interested in navy field
29th December 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

sir i'm doing with electronic&comm. n now i'm in 4th sem and my d.o.b. 05feb.93 and i would like to join m.navy. sir if it is possible to join then pls prescribe me with proper suggestion forthis i will remain highly obliged to you.
5th March 2012, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after diploma in instrumentation
15th March 2012, 11:22 PM
TrinityKiller

hi dear,
yes, Its better if we join Merchant Navy after mechanical engineering. a mechanical engineer join merchant navy by undergo one year training and for this you need to appear for the entrance exams like Joint Entrance Exam, OPENNET exam. It is very easy for a mechanical engineer to join merchant navy,there are two ways,either you go for deck cadet or for technical branch as an engineer.some cottage name are here like Navi Mumbai, MERI, Kolkata and Mumbai. you can join by your hard work.
good luck
20th May 2014, 01:12 PM
ganesh sd

Thumbs up Re: Can I join merchent navy in shiping line after diploma in mechatronic engineering ?

i have diploma in mechatronic engineering . and my age 23, can i join merchent navy in shiping line in this year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?