9th December 2011, 09:34 AM
Manigandan.ma
Member+

Can I prepare for JEST Exam being a candidate of Engineering? Good Books for Physics to prepare for this Exam?

I am ece student.Being a engineering student,how can i prepare for JEST exam?suggest me some good books in physics to know the fundamentals and to prepare for JEST exam.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for JEST after passing B.Tech in Electrical engineering? Books to be referred?
  2. How to prepare for JEST exam?
  3. How to prepare for JEST Physics entrance exam? Previous year question papers?
  4. How to prepare for JEST 2016 online? -- [New]
  5. How to prepare for Indian Air Force exam while doing B.E Mechanical Engineering? Which books to refer?
  6. How to prepare for HAS Exam? Which Books should I refer for this Exam? Where can I get study materials to prepare for this Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Best books to prepare for MPSC exam?
  8. What syllabus to prepare for Physics for JEST Exam of this year?
  9. Am I eligible to appear for NET exam after completing MSc Physics? How to prepare for NET exam?
  10. Best books to prepare for BHEL Exam being a candidate of ECE stream?
  11. Which Books and Materials should I use to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate of ECE?
  12. How to prepare for 12th CBSE board exam?
  13. How to prepare for Power Grid Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in EEE? Syllabus and best books to prepare for the Exam?
  14. Which books is better to prepare for Engineering Assistant in AIR and DD? Is the syllabus same for every candidate who has different qualifications?
  15. How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?
  16. How should I prepare for IIT Physics after completing 2nd year BSc
  17. How to read the Books to prepare for the Exams being a candidate having financial problem?
  18. How should I prepare for 12th exam? Best books to be referred in physics?
11th December 2011, 06:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I prepare for JEST Exam being a candidate of Engineering? Good Books for Physics to prepare for this Exam?

JEST exam is conducted for selecting candidates to be interviewed for admission to Ph. D. Programmes. The minimum qualification required to apply for Physics Ph.D programme is M.Sc. in Physics or M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech in related disciplines. You must have scored at least 55% marks in aggregate. The syllabus for physics includes Quantum Mechanics and Atomic Physics, Optics and Wave Phenomena, Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics, Electromagnetism, and Classical Mechanics. One of the best books to refer is Problems of Physics- IE by Resnick and Haliday.
26th July 2012, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I prepare for JEST Exam being a candidate of Engineering? Good Books for Physics to prepare for this Exam?

some of the institutes like IISC,RRI.. even consider B.E.

Check JEST site for more info..
26th December 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Do engineering students writing Jest examination have any preference/ consideration w.r.t marks/percentile scored for admission to the research institutes?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?