4th May 2012, 12:03 PM
garima_kulshreshtha

Am I eligible to appear for NET exam after completing MSc Physics? How to prepare for NET exam?

i completed my M.Sc. in physics in 2005.now i want to appear in NET exam.do i eligible to appear in NET exam?
how to prepare for net exam as pattern of exam has changed in last November 2011?
plz suggest the name of the good books and writers for net exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for NET exam after doing MSc Physics
  2. How to prepare for NET after completing MSc in Computer Science with 60% aggregate
  3. Am I eligible for JRF/CSIR and UGC NET after completing BSc Physics? What is the syllabus?
  4. Can I be eligible for NET, SET exam after completing BSc computer science in regular and MSc software technology in correspondence -- [New]
  5. Which one is best UGC NET or CSIR NET? How to prepare? Best books?
  6. Can I be eligible to attend NET after completing MSc Physics from Kuvempu University Karnatak in distance mode?
  7. Am I eligible to give NET exam in pure physics? I am a student of MSc electronics science
  8. Can I be eligible to prepare for NET exam after completing my PG with 55%?
  9. Am I eligible for NET exam in computer science after completing Msc IT? I am doing MSc IT(in 4th sem.)
  10. Am I eligible for CSIR NET Entrance Exam being a candidate of pursuing M.Sc in Physics?
  11. How to prepare for NET exam after passing MSc in Mathematics in Davangere University
  12. Can I be eligible for CSIR NET exam after completing MSc in Sericulture
  13. Am I eligible for CSIT UGC NET exam after completing MSc Pharmaceutical Science Degree in UK?
  14. Information about UGC NET and SCIR NET exam
  15. What is the scope in MSc Pure Mathematics? How to prepare for NET exam? Which books should be referred?
  16. Can I appear for CSIR NET exam after completing MSc Physics with 61.5% from recognized university? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MSc in Distance Mode with 65%?
  18. How to prepare for NET Physics Exam? Which books to refer?
2nd July 2012, 12:27 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET exam after completing MSc Physics? How to prepare for NET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garima_kulshreshtha View Post
i completed my M.Sc. in physics in 2005.now i want to appear in NET exam.do i eligible to appear in NET exam?
how to prepare for net exam as pattern of exam has changed in last November 2011?
plz suggest the name of the good books and writers for net exam?

ya offcourse

[SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=3]Eligibility Criterion For UGC NET[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The UGC NET[/SIZE][SIZE=3] or the University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test is held every year in the months of June and December..

To be able to appear for the UGC NET Exam..a candidate must have the following minimum eligibility criterion :-

[/SIZE][SIZE=3]>> The candidates must have cleared their post graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with at least 55%

>> The candidates who wish to appear for the Junior Research Fellowship Programme must be less than 28 years of age as on the month of the examination..[/SIZE]

Books for Physics :-
-------------------------

Joint CSIR-UGC NET Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureshipe
by R. Gupta's
Publisher: ramesh publishing house-delhi
Price: Rs. 580

UGC-CSIR JRF / NET Physical Sciences
by G K P
Publisher: g. k. publications pvt. ltd
Price: Rs. 420

Modern UGC Net: Physics
by A Team Of Experts
Publisher: anmol publications pvt ltd
Price: Rs. 750

Net Physics Joint Ugc-Csir
by Sp
Publisher: satya prakashan
Price: Rs. 200

CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET Physical Sciences
by Upkar
Publisher: upkar
Price: Rs. 699

CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET Physical Sciences
by Anshul Gupta, Surekha Tomar
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan
Price: Rs. 499
2nd July 2012, 12:57 PM
archanagalenka

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET exam after completing MSc Physics? How to prepare for NET exam?

hi dear

The best way to prepare effectively for the NET exam is to start your preparation from the first year of the Master’s course itself. As to prepare effectively for NET, join a reputed coaching class which has good success ratio for the exam.

Make sure that you develop a proper strategy and must prepare for the exam under the supervision of a qualified tutor. The coaching center will initially help you to understand the syllabus for the exam.

This is very important as the candidate will get a complete idea about the exam and will be able to prepare accordingly. The coaching centers will also provide students with study materials which will help the students a lot in the entire preparation process.

BOOKS BOOKS FOR NET - PHYSICS EXAM

Some of the recommended books for NET - Physics is as follows...

Modern UGC Net: Physics
Author: A Team Of Experts
ISBN: 8126121483

Net Physics Joint Ugc-Csir
Author: Sp
ISBN: 8176840726

UGC-CSIR JRF / NET Physical Sciences (Physics)
Author: G K P
ISBN: 8183554946

Net/slet Physical Sciences Paper I And Ii
Author: Sinha
ISBN: 8174821465
2nd July 2012, 01:00 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

NET Eligibility Criteria:-

>For giving UGC NET u need to have a master Degree with minimum 55% of marks.

IF you have got 50% marks or above then yes you are eligible to give this exam.

>You can choose any subject from your master degree.UGC NET consists of three papers
A.General studies
B.Your optional paper-objective questions
C.Your optional paper-subjective questions

Age Criteria to sit for this exam:-

For junior research fellowship the maximum age should be 28 years.
For lectureship there is no upper age limit.

For more information you can log onto this website:- www.ugcnetonline.in
2nd July 2012, 03:13 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

If you are passed the m.sc. Physics with 55% you are eligible for the NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligiblity Test. NET exam being conducted by University Grant Commission.

The exam will be conducted for the award of junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lectureship.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should be complete the post graduation from any recognized university.

The candidate should have to score a minimum 55% of marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st categories.

Age limit:

there is no upper age limit for the candidate lectureship.

But the junior research fellowship candidates the age limit should be between 19 to 28 years.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this Net exam.

But the candidate should be citizen of india.

For more updated information visit the website

http://www.ugcnetonline.in

all the best.
29th September 2013, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

i am a guy from b tech mechanical. am i eligible to write net jrf physics examinatio?
1st October 2013, 12:55 AM
R.S.Parmar

dear friend..........
If you are passed the m.sc. Physics with 55% you are eligible for the NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligiblity Test. NET exam being conducted by University Grant Commission.

The exam will be conducted for the award of junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lectureship.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should be complete the post graduation from any recognized university.

The candidate should have to score a minimum 55% of marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st categories.

Age limit:

there is no upper age limit for the candidate lectureship.

But the junior research fellowship candidates the age limit should be between 19 to 28 years.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this Net exam.

But the candidate should be citizen of india.

For more updated information visit the website

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
thank you........
11th March 2016, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing my msc medical physics. Am i eligible to appear in net exam? If it so in which field i can apply?
1st March 2017, 07:06 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in ugc net electronic science exam. I have MSC physics degree with 59% or MSC physics can only appear in csir net.
Is ugc net in electronic science is equivalent to csir net in physical science. Please guide.
11th December 2018, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for ugc net exam after completing M.sc maths?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?