5th July 2013, 01:29 AM
samia arif

Can I take admission after completing b.Com in CA?

i m in b.com part 1 how can i take admission after completing my b.com in ca???????????

5th July 2013, 08:51 AM
Navendu Kumar Jha

Default Re: Can I take admission after completing b.Com in CA?

The required % for direct admission to CA IPCC EXAMINATION is:
commerce graduates 55 %
and non commerce 60 %
as ipcc course is the second stage of ca course.
and the graduate candidates with above mentioned % can apply directly to can ipcc course.
ipcc course duration is 9 months and in between month you have to complete 100 hours information technology computer training .

5th July 2013, 01:49 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

To apply for Chartered Accountancy you need to have completed 12th. Therefore you are eligible for the course after finishing graduation. Generally the first step of CA course is Common Proficiency Test.

The test is conducted twice a year and required to be cleared. However this rule does not always apply in case of graduates. While the candidates who have passed 12th standard are required to apply for Common Proficiency Test, the graduates can take exemption.

To get the exemption you have to complete graduation with minimum percentage set by the ICAI. This percentage criteria is:

55% for commerce graduates

60% for non commerce graduates.

If you have 55 percent marks in Bachelor of Commerce then there is no need to go for the Common Proficiency Test. You should apply for the IPCC through direct entry. Along with the IPCC you will have to register for the articleship as well.

You will continue with the articleship for 9 months after which it would be possible to give first group exams for IPCC. During the articleship you will also clear the second group of IPCC.

However if your marks in B.Com are less than 55 percent then you will have to appear for the Common Proficiency Test. It is conducted in June and December therefore apply according to your comfort.

In the Common Proficiency Test there are two groups. In each group there are 2 subjects. For you to clear the test, 30 percent marks in each group are required. Below are the subjects for the CPT entrance exam.

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

Rest of the procedure will remain the same. You will take admission for the IPCC and after 9 months can give first stage examination. But to appear for Final Examination you will have to complete 2 and half years of Articleship. It is not possible to appear for the Final stage before it.
5th July 2013, 11:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Definitely you are eligible to apply for CA course if you have passed B.Com Graduation.

If you have scored above 55% marks in B.Com then you can directly apply for CA IPCC.

And if you have scored below 55% marks in B.Com then you have to appear for CA CPT to become eligible for IPCC.

Hence you can make choice according to your eligibility. Being a Commerce Graduate you will be familiar with the subjects of CA and you will not face much problem in clearing the papers.

CA CPT Subjects:

-Accounting

-Mercantile Laws

-General Economics

-Quantitative Aptitude

CA IPCC Subjects:

-Accounting

-Business Laws, Ethics and Communication

-Cost Accounting and Financial Management

-Taxation

-Auditing and Assurance

-Information Technology and Strategic Management

So you can take admission into CA and start your studies according to the syllabus.

For more information visit http://www.icai.org
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?