24th March 2011, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

How much time to spend on studies for IIT JEE preparation? Which are the important topics for studies?

hlllo
'i want to slct in iit its my only aim can u plz tell at this stage how much average tym i shud study n plz tell all d imp topics for all the subjcts
it wud b grt hlp 4 me plz enlist
i shall b thankful to u

6th September 2011, 11:28 PM
Senior Member+

Smile Re: How much time to spend on studies for IIT JEE preparation? Which are the important topics for studies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hlllo
'i want to slct in iit its my only aim can u plz tell at this stage how much average tym i shud study n plz tell all d imp topics for all the subjcts
it wud b grt hlp 4 me plz enlist
i shall b thankful to u
So Called Important Topics in IIT
Well, As the Heading itself Suggests, there is nothing called Important topics in i IIT. This is what atleast some people say so, but let me tell you this, you could be one among the top 1000 ranks if you scored even 50% of the total marks. So guess you get what I am Intending to Say!!! Below is a Brief List Of Topics which you can Be thorough with.

6th September 2011, 11:55 PM
yash448

Default Re: How much time to spend on studies for IIT JEE preparation? Which are the important topics for studies?

To crack IIT give sufficient time to each subjects.......
NCERT questions are very important for iit exam........
fundamental should be clear
here ,jee syllabus is attached .........
best of luck
Attached Files
File Type: docx jee syllabus.docx(21.7 KB, 157 views)
6th September 2011, 11:58 PM
yash448

Smile Re: How much time to spend on studies for IIT JEE preparation? Which are the important topics for studies?

To crack IIT give sufficient time to each subjects.......
NCERT questions are very important for iit exam........
fundamental should be clear
here ,jee syllabus is attached .........
best of luck
Attached Files
File Type: docx jee syllabus.docx(21.7 KB, 157 views)
7th September 2011, 01:35 AM
harshchauhan

Default Re: How much time to spend on studies for IIT JEE preparation? Which are the important topics for studies?

Hi ,
First of all , it would be better if you would have mentioned in class you are currently studying .
Lets assume you are in 11 th standard .
So , you have enough time with you to prepare for JEE .
First of all 3 -4 hours regular studies is required .
For Physics and Chemistry Ncert books are enough , you should even refer to
1) Halliday, Resnick, Walker: Fundamentals of Physics
2) H.C verma vol 1 ,vol 2
3 ) morrison and boyd organic chemistry
4 )J.D lee
5) I.E irodov

and for mathematics Problem plus is enough .
Give for importance to differential Calculas and geometry both 2and 3-d .
7th September 2011, 03:40 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
When you are going to prepare yourself for some exam then it is very much necessary to make a time table or a routine..
You have to follow the routine regularly..

To crack a exam like- IIT-JEE , you must have vast knowledge in the subjects of 11th and 12th..
And to prepare yourself equally in each subject you have to spend equal time..
For that you have to mention a routine..
At least 10-12 hours in a day you have to spent in preparation for the exam..
study throughly.. make your base strong and clear your all doubts..

So, go for it..
All the best..
7th September 2011, 04:14 AM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

As we all know that IIT-JEE is regarded as one of the most tough exams, therefore you should prepare yourself very well. You should spend your time as much as possible for the preparation. Regular time wise practise is the key. You should follow the NCERT recognised books. Go through tests in each subjects to enhance your speed.
You will get all the details and syllabus of the exam from the website:
www.iitjee.org
4th October 2011, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

if i whole ncert books can i selected in iit
5th October 2011, 10:20 PM
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if i whole ncert books can i selected in iit
NCERT BOOKS For IIT-JEE

Well One Cannot Guarantee you a Seat in IIT if you Just Refer NCERT and say "Yes, I 've Finished Preparing For IIT-JEE!"
  • Going Through NCERT books Surely Helps you in Building a Strong Basic Foundation..
But For Higher Grip, there are certain Books Which you can Refer:
  • Physics: Concepts of Physics by H C Verma
  • Chem: NCERT(Concepts) & Numerical Chemistry by P.Bahadur (Numericals)
  • Math: Tata McGraw Hill & A Das Gupta Should Suffice it!!!

NOTE:
  • Going Through Ncert Books Can Surely Secure you a top Rank in
    AIEEE as well..
  • Please Go Through the Previous Questions For a Better Insight..
Wish you All The Very Best My Dear Friend!!

Regards,

Nik
16th October 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Hlllw,
I want to ask you that wat typ of book will be best for prepareing intrence of iit/jee.
i will thnk full 4 u.
7th November 2011, 11:59 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

IIT JEE is the toughest UG examination that is conducted in the country by the IIT's

Any amount of time is less for this exam, when it comes to the huge course, and the level of difficulty of questions that are put up.

So, yeah you start preparing, and give equal time in your preparation to all the three subjects.

All three carry equal importance's in the paper, and focus more on the ones, which can fetch you more marks.

Take up a coaching so that you can get a quality guidance and work appropriately in the direction prescribed by them.

IIT needs continuous motivation and determination. Make your concepts crystal clear, and you can get through.

Some of the Most Important Topics from all three subjects are :

Organic Chemistry in Chemistry- So do all the organic that you can of both the 11th and 12th classes atleast from the NCERT.
In Maths I would say, Relation and Function, Trigonometry, Calculus, 3D Geometry and vectors and Probability are asked the most.
Lastly Physics is huge! You can do Electrostatics, Newtons Laws, Thermodynamics, Semiconductors, Optics, and Oscillations and waves.

All the best.
29th August 2013, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

i am a dropper with 90% marks in 12th boards...m ready to work hard...what to do to get in BITS pilani?
13th February 2014, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

I am now studying in 11th standard in A.P IIIT Nuzvid. i will get 2 months holidays in summer. Can i join in any iit coaching centre in vizag? which is preferable?
20th April 2014, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

IS IT POSSIBLE TO SIT IN THE GATE EXAM AFTER DOING B.E. IN I.T. BRANCH .WHAT ALL SUBJECTS WE NEED TO FOCUS AT IF IN STUDYING IN THE FIRST YEAR NOW.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?