17th May 2013, 11:23 AM
nitin1997

Can I take Arts for CLAT exam?

Can i take arts for clat exam......please tell me the details for the same

25th June 2014, 03:06 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I take Arts for CLAT exam?

You can take up any stream. You need to clear the CLAT (Common Law Admission TEST as you need to have cleared 10+2 in any stream as well as graduation with minimum 50 per cent marks in aggregate. In general, you can apply for 5 years integrated course and also for 3 years course after graduation. Incase of regular course, your merit will be assessed through CLAT score. The entrance exams will have a paper of 90 minutes containing 150 questions.
6th April 2015, 02:16 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

If you have taken ARTS stream in the intermediate class then there is no problem for you as the minimum qualification needed to join this course in only Intermediate from any streams.

CLAT means "Common Law Admission Test" This test is conducted in India to allocate the seats for the LLB course which is a graduate degree course.
Apart from the CLAT entrance exam you can also apply for the following entrance exams listed as below:--->>>

Common Law Admission Test,
Law School Admission Test,
National Law School Of India University.

These all entrance exams are mainly conducted for the admission in LLB courses in India.
Once you got a good rank in any of the above entrance exam then you will get a beautiful chance to get admission in any top and reputed college of India.

Some of complete details regarding LLB is given as below:--->>

LLB stands for Bachelor of law .It's an bachelor degree course and the duration of the course is for three years after graduations.

Eligibility Criteria:- Intermediate in any stream .

This course is for three years.
11th April 2015, 10:04 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin1997 View Post
Can i take arts for clat exam......please tell me the details for the same
CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is all Indian entrance examination to get admission in Graduate and Postgraduate courses, this examination is conducted by 16 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B. & LL.M.). Every year CLAT Examination is conducted by any one of the 16 Universities and now this year CLAT 2015 will be conducted by the Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National University, Lucknow.

The application form for this year is already published and the online registration is already started, The last date for submission of online application form has been extended till 14th April 2015.

To apply for this examination You must have completed your intermediate examination (12th) from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks (40% marks are only applicable for SC and ST candidates) and your age should not be more than 20 years. If you have completed your intermediate examination with Arts, then definitely you are eligible for the CLAT 2015 examination.

If you have not completed your intermediate examination and interested to choose the arts stream, then definitely you can go for the arts in your +2 examination, because 12th is the minimum eligibility is required to apply for CLAT 2015 Examination.

Examination Pattern CLAT 2015:

~~ Duration of Exam: 2 hours
~~ Total Questions: 200
~~ Total Marks: 200

The examination is objective with multiple choice questions with negative marking. If you want to crack this examination, then please prepare well as per the pattern and syllabus.

~~ English including Comprehension: 40 Marks
~~ General Knowledge and Current Affairs: 50 Marks
~~ Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability): 20 Marks
~~ Legal Aptitude: 50 Marks
~~ Logical Reasoning: 40 Marks.

Interested candidates may register for this test only through Online mode.

The application fees for General/OBC/PWD candidates: Rs 4000
For SC/ST Candidates: Rs 3500.

If you want more details regarding CLAT Examination, then please visit the official website.
13th April 2015, 12:58 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Yes, you are applicable.

::::::Eligibility criteria for CLAT:::::

To apply for this examination You must have completed your intermediate examination (12th) from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks (40% marks are only applicable for SC and ST candidates) and your age should not be more than 20 years.

:::::Examination Pattern CLAT 2015::::::

The examination is objective with multiple choice questions with negative marking.

Duration of Exam: 2 hours
Total Questions: 200
Total Marks: 200

::::::Syllabus for CLAT 2015::::

English including Comprehension: 40 Marks
General Knowledge and Current Affairs: 50 Marks
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability): 20 Marks
Legal Aptitude: 50 Marks
Logical Reasoning: 40 Marks.

For more details: http://clat.ac.in/
13th April 2015, 09:06 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Yeah, you are applicable for common law admission test. This test is conducted in national level for those who desire to do professional education in law.

You must have passed or appeared for class 12 exams from recognised board. Your age must be atleast 17 at the time of application girl clat exam.

So, you cab apply for this exam. Start preparing for it.

I shall share you the areas you need to concentrate for this exam, below

English including Comprehension: 40 Marks
General Knowledge and Current Affairs: 50 Marks
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability): 20 Marks
Legal Aptitude: 50 Marks
Logical Reasoning: 40 Marks.

The duration of the exam is two hours and total number of questions asked is 200. All are Objective type questions.
13th April 2015, 01:59 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test . The examination is conducted for admission in various Law colleges of India for LLB and LLM courses .

The eligibility criteria candidates who have passed the +2 with any stream and have minimum 40% aggregate for general category and 5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates can apply for LLB 5 years integrated courses .

So you are eligible for CLAT entrance examination if you are Arts students .

The application fee is Rs.4000 for general and Rs.3500 for SC/ST candidates
The examination is of 200 marks which contains 200 questions . The questions are from Mathematical Ability , English ,Reasoning , Logical Ability and General Knowledge . There is negative marking also on each wrong answer .
13th April 2015, 02:19 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.It is a national level entrance exam for admission in LLB courses.

The eligibility required to appear in this exam are as under:-

-The candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in 10+2 exam in any stream from a recognized board.

-The candidate should not exceed 20 years of age.For SC/ST candidate it is 22 years.

-The candidate has to clear CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) exam with good marks to get admission in good law colleges.

-The duration for LLB course after 10+2 is 5 years which is a integrated course and 3 years after graduation.

-The syllabus for the entrance exam includes;

* Logical Reasoning

*General Awareness

*Aptitude Test

*Communication skills.
14th October 2019, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12th taken arts stream i want to prepare for clat entrance exam but boards are ahead what to do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?