9th May 2017, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Which group should I take in 11th to become an Astronaut?

My name is k. Madhumeetha. I live in Tamilnadu. I will finish my 10th standard public examinations. Which group I should take in 11th standard to become an astronaut? I think biology group? Or Computer science group? Or any group? Please send me the answer.l am very confused to join the group.
And which degree complete to become an astronaut . Please send me the answer.

Related Questions:
9th May 2017, 06:23 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which group should I take in 11th to become an Astronaut?

If you wish to become an astronaut in future, then you must choose Engineering as your upcoming career.

In this case, if you are confused between Biology and Computer, then you must go with Computer.

After completing your 10+2, you must apply for engineering entrance exams.

While counseling, you should choose Aeronautical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering as your preferred branch.

This will open your doors widely for becoming Astronaut in future.

After completing this course, there will be chances for you to get a job in DRDO, ISRO, etc.
9th May 2017, 07:57 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To become an Astronaut you take science stream with PCM in 11th standard.

After that you can do the Engineering, B.Sc, M.Sc then Ph.D.

So it is better to choose engineering, but for Astronaut branch in Engineering. You have to crack ISAT, IIT entrance exam. Then only you can take admission in 4 years engineering programme.
9th May 2017, 08:30 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

To become an astronaut you should choose non medical stream. Because for being an astronaut Physics and Mathematics are the needed subjects. Thanks
9th May 2017, 09:22 PM
EngineerSolution

To become an astronaut you may take either PCMC or PCMB. The main subject for you should be physics. But choosing PCMC (Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Computer Science) would be more beneficial as astronauts will be dealing with computer systems as well in their career, though you will get a good basic in programming skills.

In graduation level you may take Physics honours degree from a reputed college. Once after BS, clear IIT JAAM and try MS through research there. Then afterward, you may write GATE exam or ISRO specific exams, clearing which can land you in aero space jobs. But to become astronaut you should possess Masters or doctrate and should migrate to the country where man to space missions are still going on.
30th September 2017, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I am Menaka I want to become an astronaut. Now I'm studying in class 11 Sc in JNV. Which line is better for me to become an astronaut ? Please guide me... to achieve my goal.
18th October 2017, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

My son is in 7th class.To join him in special tuition I have to decide his future course.(MPC or BiPC. But how can I decide it now?
4th January 2018, 08:50 PM
Devika S Krishna

I am Devika S Krishna. I live in Kerala and I am a 10th class student . Which group i should take in 11th class . My aim was as a astronaut. So very confused which i group i will select my 11th class please sir send reply for me before our public exam
23rd January 2019, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

My name is Afrah. I want to become an astronaut. I'm studying 9th std. What r the steps taken in this age? And which group should i take after completing 10th std?
2nd September 2019, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

What group should I take in intermediate to become an Astronaut? Please must reply for this......
19th July 2020, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Is there is a skope in India for an Astronaut?
23rd January 2021, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

I want to be an astrount. what should i learn to be an astronaut?
7th November 2021, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

my name is S.shreemathi,I'm studying 8th standard , I want to become an ASTRONAUT in my age 18 ,so,what should I have to study now in school and which group I have to select in 11th standard and 12th standard and which is the best college to study ASTRONAUT in India?
26th December 2021, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

my name is S.PRIYADHARSHINI from tamil nadu i'm studying 10th standard I WANT TO BECOME A ASTRONAUT so which collage is the best collage for ASTRONAUT in INDIA
5th May 2022, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Which group we have to take in degree to become annayya astronaut
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?