4th June 2017, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Should I select Biology group or Computer Science group if I am weak in Maths?

I am good in science but very poor in maths. I like to choose science group, but all the people and friends are saying bio group is tough, it has more record work. I don't like commerce because i am weak in maths. So, i am really confused to take science or computer science group.

4th June 2017, 09:29 PM
help100%

Default Re: Should I select Biology group or Computer Science group if I am weak in Maths?

Right now the choice of subject combination must be such that it benefits you and yield positive results in the future, so you must go for what interests you and what you want to be in future, the combination of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths are said as the best choice so far, it let candidate to explore in various field and this led to enrichment of knowledge in you, don't thing of commerce if a single subject of science interests you, and its a misconception that if one is weak in maths then he/she can opt to commerce or faces hurdle in accountancy. If you want to pursue in the field of physics or engineering then keep PCM as subject combination, if computer interests you the most then also PCM or PCM and Computer Science, but if Biology fascinates you otherwise or want to pursue in the field of biotech or microbiology or doctor then go for PCB. You might find the details quiet odd as I'm pressing you for Maths for the reason because its application is huge and is connected to most of the sectors around us, just study maths till 10+2 not asking to pursue graduation on it, in future you will know how its helping you.

The above details need to be read thoroughly and according to ones interest he/she must opt such subject combination, don't follow other rather take advice and analyse with your interests accordingly.
4th June 2017, 11:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I select Biology group or Computer Science group if I am weak in Maths?

Let me tell you that if you will go for Biology stream then you won't have to regret because it is very easy if you study it with interest because you are saying that you are very poor in maths so obviously won't go for non medical stream. So according to me Biology stream is better for you. Computer science is an additional subject you can go for it also.
So you can opt for medical stream in your 11th standard and make sure that you will create interest in Biology subject because it is really very interesting subject. You might be thinking that it is as hard as maths but if you will create interest then it won't be hard
5th June 2017, 08:23 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

If you are good in Science and poor in Maths, plus, willing to opt for Sciencr stream, you should go for Computer Science as an Option in between Biology and Computer Science.

* Advantages of choosing Computer Science :

1. Computer Science is an easy subject.

2. It contains very less syllabus.

3. Mordern era is familiar to the Computers or Android phones, so it will be easier to catch the concepts.

4. A vast scope is attached to it in future.

5. Studying and Learning Computer Science will be fun.

6. As compared to Biology, the syllabus is even less than half the syllabus of Bio.

7. After 12th, you can go for B.Sc IT, BCA, B.Tech CSE, then MCA, M.Tech, or MBA courses in Computer Science and these will provide you a better career options.

// However, it is impossible to learn a subject if you are not interested in it. So, choose wisely which subject to opt for.

// You can also choose on the basis whether you have to become an Engineer or a Doctor.
5th June 2017, 09:24 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

If you are weak enough in Mathematics, then also you can opt for Commerce stream.

Commerce stream contain subjects like Accountancy, Business Studies, Entrepreneurship, Economics, English.

These subjects contain basic level maths of addition, subtraction, division, multiplication only.

You will not get any kind of calculus part in these subjects.

Rather, you can choose Computer Science as your optional subjects.

Computer Science may contain languages like C++ or Core Java to study, which will further help you in future.
5th June 2017, 11:30 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

According to your confusion the only choice which is left to you is to choose Biology group because you don't like maths and obviously if you will go for commerce or non medical stream you will have to study mathematics subjects. So it is better choice for you to opt for Biology group and any additional subject such as Information Practices or Computer science if your school provides as an additional subject with Biology stream. Biology subject is very interesting subject and it is not difficult anymore if you create interest and then study.
5th June 2017, 03:16 PM
GopinKumar

Smile Re: Should I select Biology group or Computer Science group if I am weak in Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am good in science but very poor in maths. I like to choose science group, but all the people and friends are saying bio group is tough, it has more record work. I don't like commerce because i am weak in maths. So, i am really confused to take science or computer science group.
Science Biology stream is good to those who are not good/don't like Maths. Record works will be there, but it is not much tough. You will also have many job opportunities like in agriculture, food technology, nutrition and dietetics, Physiotherapy, Lab technology, Pharmacy etc. If you are pursuing such courses in best places like SRM, Lovely Professional University etc, you can easily get jobs also. So, it will be better for you to go for your interesting stream-Science Biology.
5th June 2017, 03:44 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Computer science and science stream have their own importance and roles. If you have really interested in science subjects you can choose science stream but your partially interested you need to work hard to complete it. If you have interested in programming languages you can choose computer science stream. The syllabus for this subjects are mentioned below. Since you send that you are weak in maths and physics deals with little maths so if you are not interested in it better choose computer science that will deal only programming languages.

Computer science:
- This stream deals with the programming fundamentals, programming methodology, c++, data types, variables, structure types, arrays, computer system organisation, OOPs, data structures, database, SQL and practicals.
- This are subjects so if you have interest in this subjects you can choose.

Science:
- This stream deals with the biological science, zoology, botany, physics, chemistry and practicals.
- If you have interest in this subjects you can choose this stream.

Any stream will be easy if and only if you have interest in it and you need to keep full effort and hard work to complete the education with good percentage. If you study with interest every subject will be easy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?