8th March 2012, 10:36 AM
raj.cool

Does this applicable to IES Exam also being a candidate having applied for Civils Exam or do I need to apply for IES Exam separately?

sir i've applied for civils upsc 2012.. Is it applicable to IES exam ? Or i need to apply for
IES exam separately? Send me clear details.

8th March 2012, 05:53 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does this applicable to IES Exam also being a candidate having applied for Civils Exam or do I need to apply for IES Exam separately?

CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION conducted by UPSC every year for appointment for the top administrative post under Central Govt. such as IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS etc.

The candidate must be an Indian National having either appeared for the final Graduation Degree course in any stream of education even Graduation in Engineering from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years, is eligible to apply for Civil Service exam.

IES-INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE also conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment of engineers in the top technical post under Central Govt. in the following branch of engineering:-

MECHANICAL
CIVIL
ELECTRICAL
ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam in Engineering in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age.

So if you want to Join Indian Civil Service then you can apply for this Exam though you are an engineering Graduate but if you want to join Indian Engineering Service you should apply for IES separately with B.Tech. qualification.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
12th March 2012, 05:00 PM
masuka123

Default Re: Does this applicable to IES Exam also being a candidate having applied for Civils Exam or do I need to apply for IES Exam separately?

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services and is conducted every year to recruit the govt.posts.

You can apply IES online

Application Forms Details:

>> You can get application from your nearest Post office. Or you can apply through ONLINE.
>> You have to mention 'Engineering' Option in the Application BUT NOT the "I.E.S" Option. I.E.S refers to Indian Economic Service in the application form.

The Application Form, an Information Bulletin, the Acknowledgement Card and an Envelope for sending completed applications can be purchased for Rs. 20/- from designated Head Post Offices / Post Offices. The examination fee is Rs. 100/-. It should be in the form of a Single Central recruitment Fee Stamp and affixed to the application. Only SC/ST and physically handicapped candidates are exempted from the payment of this fee.

Exam pattern;

You will be eligible only if you are from;
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Your age should be between 21 to 30years.
For SC/ST - 21 to 35years
For OBC -21 to 33years
For PD - 21 to 40years

For Online Applications: http://upsconline.nic.in

Exam centers of IES:
4th August 2014, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Give qualifying marks in each paper and the negative mark will be there please tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?