14th December 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Can IES exam be given in 3rd year or final year? Books to be referred?

can ies exam be given in the third year or final year or need to be given after completing the course i.e btech mechanical??
please guide me with the books for various subjects??i.e
theory of machines,strength of materials,thermodynamics,fluid mechanics etc.

1st May 2014, 01:27 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can IES exam be given in 3rd year or final year? Books to be referred?

Third year candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination. Pass out candidates or pursing in the final year of degree may eligible to apply for IES Examination. IES i.e Engineering Examination and it is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. 2014 Exam will be held in the month of June. Exam notification was already released and last date for receipt of application also closed. To apply for this examination, the candidate must have a completed engineering degree from a recognized University and pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.

Books for IES Examination :-

UPSC Engineering Services Exam IES - 2014 Mechanical Engineering Solved Paper - 1 7th Edition
Author: Made Easy Competition Books
Publisher: Made Easy Publication
Rs. 500

UPSC Engineering Services Exam IES - 2014 Mechanical Engineering (Solved Paper 2) 7th Edition
Rs. 500

IES - 2013 ME Mechanical Engineering: Topicwise Objective Solved Papers (Paper - 1)
Author: ME Team
Publisher: Made Easy Publications - New Delhi
Rs. 400

UPSC ES: Mechanical Engineering Services Examination Guide
Author: G K
Publisher: G K Publishers
Rs. 540
1st May 2014, 01:33 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can IES exam be given in 3rd year or final year? Books to be referred?

Third year candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination. Pass out candidates or pursing in the final year of degree may eligible to apply for IES Examination. IES i.e Engineering Examination and it is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. 2014 Exam will be held in the month of June. Exam notification was already released and last date for receipt of application also closed. To apply for this examination, the candidate must have a completed engineering degree from a recognized University and pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.

Books for IES Examination :-

UPSC Engineering Services Exam IES - 2014 Mechanical Engineering Solved Paper - 1 7th Edition
Rs. 500

UPSC Engineering Services Exam IES - 2014 Mechanical Engineering (Solved Paper 2) 7th Edition
Rs. 500

IES - 2013 ME Mechanical Engineering: Topicwise Objective Solved Papers (Paper - 1)
Author: ME Team
Publisher: Made Easy Publications - New Delhi
Rs. 400

UPSC ES: Mechanical Engineering Services Examination Guide
Author: G K
Publisher: G K Publishers
Rs. 540
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?