23rd February 2013, 09:43 AM
kamalsharmak

Am I eligible for IES if I am a ECE 3rd year student?

Hello sir im a ece 3rd year student is im eligible 4 ies and also one thing is final year students eligible in ies ??

31st March 2013, 02:04 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES if I am a ECE 3rd year student?

Yes, you are eligible for IES. But you must submit adequate documents at the time of interview. Qualifying the test, allows you to join various central government departments. The test is conducted by UPSC. General studies, general English and subject knowledge forms the syllabus for the exam.
31st March 2013, 09:31 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalsharmak View Post
Hello sir im a ece 3rd year student is im eligible 4 ies and also one thing is final year students eligible in ies ??
HI!

INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES

I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.E.S exam after passing B.tech in Electronics and Communication.

I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

If you want you can apply while appearing in final year of B.Tech course.

For I.E.S the candidate must pass engineering with any one stream mention below:-
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics Engineering

Age should be in between 21-30 year.
For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 50 Rs.

IMPORTANT DATE FOR ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAMINATION, 2013
Date Of Notification:-16.03.2013
Last date of submission of form:-15.04.2013 (MONDAY)
Date of exam:-28.06.2013 (FRIDAY)

For more detail log on towww.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
29th April 2013, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

sir i m 3rd year student of electronics engineer from mumbai university.Am i eligible for IES exams as eligibility mentions that you need to be BE/B TECH in electronics and telecommunication.......plz reply
30th April 2013, 10:25 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

For Indian engineering services services ,any candidate who has done bachelor's degree in any stream of engineering or technology is eligible to apply for the exam.

There is one limitation for candidates who have streams other

1.Civil engineering

2.Mechanical engineering

3.Electrical engineering

4.Electronics and telecommunication engineering that is they have to select the subjects for the conventional papers from these branches only.

So do not worry ,you are eligible for the IES examinations and you can select the subjects from the Electronics and Communication engineering.

You can apply for the exam during final year of engineering.

The age limit for the IES exam is 21-30 years for candidates of general category whereas obc get three years and sc/st five years age relaxation.

>>No of attempts are also category dependent ,for general it is four ,obc get seven attempts and SC/ST have no restriction on it.

Examination pattern for the Indian engineering services examination:

Since you have one year left prepare well for the exam as it is tough and requires good knowledge in each subjects with better concepts.

For any more details ,you may also visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps as well as satisfies you .If you have any other query regarding this please leave it here .We will reply you as soon as possible .

All the best for you career.

aashisranjan784
4th May 2013, 02:34 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Indian Engineering Services

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Educational Qualifications:- A degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.

Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the Examina tion will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite examination along with their detailed application form to be filled up at that stage.

IMPORTANT DATE FOR ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAMINATION, 2013
Date Of Notification:-16.03.2013
Last date of submission of form:-15.04.2013 (MONDAY)
Date of exam:-28.06.2013 (FRIDAY)

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th June 2013, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir I m prashant mishra and I have done my b-tech through electronics and communication engg.. so sir I want to ask that can I give the ies exam ,with the civil engg.... as the subject.... pls help me sir....
3rd July 2013, 09:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalsharmak View Post

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination

This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed Engineering course then also you are applicable for IES exam OR If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.

But you should write the exam on one from subjects .

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam . You are now in 3rd year student of ECE background so you are applicable for IES exam .

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

SC/ST ==> 5 years .
OBC ==> 3 years .
PWD ==> 10 years .
Ex-Servicemen ==> 5 years

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

Written exam pattern for IES exam is given below. You should follow the pattern and prepare well .

I listed some books name , this books are available in market so you can purchase this books easily .

U.P.S.C. (E.S.) Engineering Services Examination Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering: Conventional Solved Papers
Author: GKP
Publisher: G.K. Publications

Guide For IES Engineering Service Examination: Electronics And Telecommunication Engineering
by Deepak Gupta
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

UPSC ES Engineering Services Examination: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

IES-2012 UPSC Engineering Services Examination: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
by Made Easy
Publisher: Made Easy Publications - New Delhi

I have attached the syllabus for IES exam of ECE department so please check it out.

For more information about IES Exam , you may log into visit http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES SYLLABUS FOR ECE.pdf(83.6 KB, 83 views)
26th July 2014, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Sir..I, Yogesh Tyagi am a 3rd year student of B.tech Mechanical. I want to take IES exam just for an idea about questions. pls tell me , am i eligible to take part in IES exam???
27th January 2015, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am studying in final year of electronics and telecommunications engineering. Can I give IES 2015 exam in my final year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?