1st February 2018, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Can a student of other state is eligible to appear for any Karnataka state's engineering test?

I'm not from Karnataka. I'm only here for study purpose and was looking to join some engineering course. So, can any other state's candidate is eligible to write the entrance exam of any Karnataka state engineering test?

Related Questions:
  1. Can a Delhi student eligible for appearing in Karnataka state engineering entrance exam?
  2. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET?
  3. Exams for Engineering in Karnataka for outside Karnataka student?
  4. Can I study MBBS in the mentioned states being a Domicile of U.P.? Which 3 states should I opt for NEET-UG?
  5. Eligibility for CET for Medical entrance exam?
  6. Am I eligible for karnataka CET examination? I have done my 12th from karnataka and my parents belong to karnataka
  7. Am I Eligible to appear in GujCet Exam? I'm a 12th standard student appearing in 2nd PUC from Karnataka state and have Gujarat Domicile.
  8. Candidates belonging to Rajasthan State eligible for the entrance test? List of seats reserved for other states institutionwise?
  9. Am I eligible for MD in Ayurveda in Karnataka? I've completed BAMS from Karnataka state
  10. Is a B.Tech student from Karnataka state open university eligible for central government or state government job?
  11. How much seats are reserved in Karnataka state for Christian minority student in Diploma Engineering course?
  12. Required criteria to appear for Karnataka CET for the candidates of other than Karnataka state?
  13. NIT seats for UTTARAKHAND students? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am i eligible for state level entrance exam after completing engineering in CSE at Karnataka
  15. Is a Rajasthan state student eligible for Punjab PMT? Eligibility criteria for other states to appear for PB PMT?
  16. Procedure for admission in MBBS or B.E with scholarship?
  17. When is the SLET exam held every year? Details about the exam?
  18. List of entance exams I am (Non Karnataka) eligible to write, for taking admission in engineering colleges of Karnataka? What's the procedure and last date of form submission of the same?
6th February 2018, 06:16 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a student of other state is eligible to appear for any Karnataka state's engineering test?

Yes, candidates of other state are eligible to appear for COMEDK. The entrance test is conducted for admission in engineering course in the state government colleges.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that:-

Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as main paper.

Candidate must have scored minimum 45% in PCM.

So, if you have above qualification you can appear for the examination. Candidates passed diploma are not eligible to pursue the course.
6th February 2018, 06:19 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can a student of other state is eligible to appear for any Karnataka state's engineering test?

The name of Karnataka State Engineering Test is COMEDK.

COMEDK stands for Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. But admission in Medical and Dental Colleges is done on basis of NEET rank.

Student of any state of India is eligible to apply for Karnataka State Engineering exam if he has studied Physics and Mathematics as necessary subjects in 12th. However, he will not be eligible for reservation benefits.
6th February 2018, 08:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of COMEDK UGET is Consortium of Medical Engineering Dental Undergraduate Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria:

1. Candidates from other state can apply for COMEDK exam.

2. General candidate should have studied PCM subjects and scored 45% marks to be eligible for COMEDK UGET exam.

It is relaxed by 5% for reserved category candidates.
7th February 2018, 01:28 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Students of any state of India can apply for Karnataka State's Engineering test. COMEDK UGET is conducted by State Government for admission in Bachelor's degree in engineering.

Requirements for this examination:

Academic qualification: 12th passed from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. You should have 45% marks if you belong to general category and 40% if you are from reserved category.
7th February 2018, 02:44 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates with the domicile of other state are eligible to appear for entrance examination conducted for admission in state engineering examination conducted by Karnataka.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper. Candidate must have scored minimum 45%.

So, you can appear for examination if have all the above qualification. The entrance examination will be conducted in May.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?