15th October 2011, 04:34 PM
wnsupriya

Can we do genetic engineering after graduation in Biotechnology? List of colleges in Mumbai for the same?

can we do genetic engg after graduation in biotechnology???which colleges in mumbai provide for genetic engg???? what is the criteria to get into the colleges for gentic engg??

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges in Mumbai for Genetic Engineering? Total cost of education?
  2. Genetic engineering B.Tech colleges in India
  3. Best course available after BSc Biotechnology? List of the colleges offering genetic engineering course? Which is the entrance exam?
  4. What is the eligibility to join genetic engineering? List of the colleges in Mumbai?
  5. Mtech in Genetic engineering after Btech in biotechnology engineering?
  6. List of colleges offering Genetic Engineering in India specially in Mumbai and Nagpur? Procedure to pursue this field?
  7. Can I do genetic engineering after completing graduation in BSc Biotechnology?
  8. List of colleges for Genetic Engineering in Pune, India? -- [New]
  9. Which course is better in B.Tech between Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering?
  10. Genetic engineering B.Tech entrance exams and colleges in India
  11. Colleges in Mumbai offering course in Genetic Engineering?
  12. Which branch is more preferable, either Biotechnology or Biomedicine and Genetic branch? I've completed my Graduation B.Sc in Biotechnology and want to do P.G
  13. Can I opt for genetic engineering after doing BSc in Biotechnology? List of the colleges offering this course?
  14. How to join in genetic engineering branch after scoring 92% in aggregate? BEst colleges for genetic engineering in AP
  15. List of best colleges offering masters in biotechnology in Mumbai?
  16. What should we study after +2 to study genetic engineering in future ?
  17. Best careers after completion of 12th with PCB?
  18. List of colleges offering genetic engineering in india? -- [Most Discussed]
19th April 2012, 06:30 PM
10shilpa
Member+

Default Re: Can we do genetic engineering after graduation in Biotechnology? List of colleges in Mumbai for the same?

An individual aspiring for a career in genetic engineering can start the BTech course after his/her Plus Two Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology. Admission to B.Tech in Genetic Engineering/Biotechnology/ Biochemical Engineering is made generally through entrance tests.

One can also pursue three-year B.Sc degree course in Genetics / Biological Science / Life Science / Biotechnology subjects and then go for post graduation (MSc) in genetics.

One who desires for further study and research can pursue M.Tech and PhD in genetic engineering offered by few institutes in India including the IITs.

Genetic Engineering Career Prospects

In India, there are several sectors that give employment to genetic engineers and professionals. They can be absorbed in medical and pharmaceutical industries, agricultural sectors and the research and development departments of government, semi-government and private sectors. The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries offer the best opportunities to genetic engineers and professionals with handsome salaries apart from other perks and benefits.

Genetic Engineering Pay Package

The salary of genetic engineers is generally high as compared to other frontier branches of engineering and science. A fresh graduate in genetic engineering can get monthly salary between Rs 15, 000 – Rs 25, 000. The pay-package in foreign countries is very high as compared to India.

There are many Indian and multinational companies in biotech sector located in India and abroad offering quite good employment opportunities to genetic engineering professionals and scientists. Salaries earned by professionals in these firms generally range from Rs.20, 000 to 30,000 per month. However, in the USA and European countries pay package is much higher due to complexity of job and shortage of trained professionals.

Genetic engineering professionals working in government laboratories and research centres get good salary apart from other perks and benefits. One can also work in research labs located in foreign countries which provide huge remuneration as compared to India.

Institutes Offering B.Tech/M.Tech Courses
SRM University
SRM Nagar, Kattankulatthur - 603 203
Kancheepuram Dt, Tamil Nadu, India
Phone : +91 - 44 - 2745 5715 / 2745 3433
Fax : + 91 - 44 - 2745 3622
E-mail : [email protected]
Course (s) offered : B.Tech - (Genetic Engineering), Ph.D.
Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
Course (s) offered : Post M.Sc. Certificate course in Plant Genetic Engineering

Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
Course (s) Offered : four-year B.Tech. Biotechnology, M.Tech. five-year dual degree in biotechnology.

IIT, Kharagpur
Course (s) Offered : four-year B.Tech. and five-year M.Tech. courses in Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering.

IIT, Guwahati
Course (s) Offered : B.Tech Biotechnology.

IIT, Delhi
Course (s) Offered : M.Tech five-year dual degree in Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology

Note: Admission to all the above programmes is through the national-level IIT Joint Entrance Examination. Meritorious final year Plus Two students with physics, chemistry and mathematics can appear for this entrance examination.

best of luck
27th June 2012, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can we do genetic engineering after graduation in Biotechnology? List of colleges in Mumbai for the same?

can i go into genetic engineering after b.s.c microbiology or biotechnology?
if not then when can i get into it?
22nd February 2016, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

i have completed b. sc. with biology zoology and chemistry... now can i take admission for genetic engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?