1st November 2012, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Can we do MBA after not taking Maths in 12th?

can we do mba if i have not taken maths in 10+2?..could u please tell me

Related Questions:
2nd November 2012, 07:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we do MBA after not taking Maths in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

MBA course is two types one is full time course another is part time course.Full time course duration is 2years and part time course duration is above 3 years.

Those candidate have completed Graduation degree from recognized university with above 50% marks are applicable for MBA course.For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 45% .Final year student are applicable for MBA entrance exam.

So it is not depend on your 12th marks and subject , it is depend only Graduation marks .So if you have completed Graduation degree then definitely you are applicable for MBA course .

List of the Best Specialization for MBA Course:-

MBA in Finance

MBA in Health (Pharmaceuticals)

MBA in Consultancy

MBA in Information Technology

MBA in Telecommunications

MBA in Media

MBA in Services

MBA in Human Resources

MBA in Banking

The list of the Best Entrance Exam for MBA course:-

CAT

MAT

XAT

AIIMA

TANCET

2nd November 2012, 07:38 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do MBA after not taking Math in 12th as the academic qualification for MBA is Graduation in any stream.

MBA - Master of Business Administration, is a two years post Graduation course and can be pursed after Graduation.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University with or without securing more then 50% marks, is eligible to apply for MBA. There is no restriction to the upper age for application to MBA.

Some reputed Institutions conduct entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT etc. for admission to MBA course.
2nd November 2012, 07:55 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. It is a management course and does not require a candidate to have Maths as one of the subjects in 10+2. I guess you have got confused with MCA course which has this criteria.

Although I must say that there are various streams in MBA which has deeply associated with Maths. But you can overcome this small glitch with hard work and pursue any MBA course. Some of the Non Maths MBA Departments are:

Marketing

Retail Management

International Business

Human Resources

Textile Management

International Marketing

It would be better if you avoid taking admission in the following streams as you may find it extremely difficult.

Finance

Banking

Economics

Entrance Exams

There are plenty of entrance exams for MBA admission. Some top universities have their own entrance exams while some individual colleges also conducts entrance exam. Here is a list:

CAT

MAT

ICET

GMAT

GCET

SNAP

JMET

NMET

TANCET

XAT

IBSAT

The most popular exam is Common Admission Test (CAT) which is conducted for IIM admission. I am sure you must have heard about the IIMs since they are the best B-Schools in the country.

To appear for the Common Admission Test, one need 50 percent marks in graduation degree. The requirement for SC/ST is 45 percent marks. Those who fail to meet this criteria may appear for Management Aptitude Test which has no percentage criteria.
2nd November 2012, 10:02 AM
pink28

Yes you can do MBA even If you have not taken Maths in class 12th.

MBA stands for Master in Business Admininistration.

It is a post graduate course of 2 years.

It does not matter which subjects you take in 12th or even during Graduation as any one who completes Graduation can give MBA exam irrespective of stream & subjects taken during class 12th.

Eligibility Criteria for doing MBA:-

*** You must have completed your Graduation from a recognized University.

*** You can also apply for the exam during your final year of graduation.

*** You must have secured 1st or 2nd division marks in your Graduation.

*** There is no age limit for the exam.

*** Anyone with Graduation Degree can apply for the exam.

You have many exam to do MBA.

You can go for exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP etc.
2nd November 2012, 10:48 AM
sudha001

Hello Friend ,

Yes of course ,you can do MBA without maths in your +2 level , as MBA criteria says that you have to be a graduate in any discipline with at least 50 % for general candidates ans 45 % for SC/St candidates .

After satisfying the educational qualification you need to sit for an MBA entrance exam which is compulsory for every individual like CAT,MAT,SNAP, and based on your performance you will be get Colleges of MBA .

So for getting admission in top B-School like IIM,XLRI,FMS, etc .you need to score above 95 percentile in your entrance exam then you will get an opportunity to do MBA fro top MBA Colleges

All The Best .....
2nd November 2012, 11:27 AM
karanam.shiva kumar

Location: I AM LIVING IN SRIKAKULAM (DISTRICT)SARAVAKOTA(MANDAL),MODILI KOTTURU(VILLAGE).

MBA course is two types one is full time course another is part time course.Full time course duration is 2years and part time course duration is above 3 years.

Those candidate have completed Graduation degree from recognized university with above 50% marks are applicable for MBA course.For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 45% .Final year student are applicable for MBA entrance exam.

So it is not depend on your 12th marks and subject , it is depend only Graduation marks .So if you have completed Graduation degree then definitely you are applicable for MBA course .

MBA in Finance

MBA in Consultancy

MBA in Media

MBA in Services

MBA in Human Resources

MBA in Banking

CAT

MAT

XAT

AIIMA

TANCET best of luck
2nd November 2012, 11:29 AM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

Yes, you can do MBA after not taking Math in 12th as the academic qualification for MBA is Graduation in any stream.

MBA - Master of Business Administration, is a two years post Graduation course and can be pursed after Graduation.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University with or without securing more then 50% marks, is eligible to apply for MBA. There is no restriction to the upper age for application to MBA.

Some reputed Institutions conduct entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT etc. for admission to MBA course.

ALL THE BEST.
2nd November 2012, 02:53 PM
NIREEKSHANA BABU
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can we do MBA after not taking Maths in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

MBA in Finance

MBA in Consultancy

MBA in Media

MBA in Services

MBA in Human Resources

MBA in Banking

CAT

MAT

XAT

AIIMA

TANCET
all the best for your exams.
2nd November 2012, 05:34 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi there,
My friend, there is no restriction as to what subject you should take in your 12th standard or 10th standard or graduation or anything. You can take any and every combination you like in your academical career. Only thing is that you must have a 50% or more in your graduation aggregate score. The graduation stream again not necessarily be commerce, but it can be anything from any field of education. In my suggestion it will be best that you do your graduation either in B.Com or BBA to understand the premises of MBA better and to be able to handle the subject better. So think about it.
2nd November 2012, 05:51 PM
sah.alok

mba has nothing to do with maths it is a management study and management has nothing to do with maths,you only need to complete your graduation in any stream with minimum 50% marks and will have to do give entrance exam for mba if you pass the entrance then only you can join mba,so you are eligible for mba after graduation and you do not need to have maths in class 12.
2nd November 2012, 09:03 PM
NIREEKSHANA BABU
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can we do MBA after not taking Maths in 12th?

MBA in Finance

MBA in Consultancy

MBA in Media

MBA in Services

MBA in Human Resources

MBA in Banking

CAT

MAT

XAT

AIIMA
2nd November 2012, 11:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,

MBA is not done after 10+2 and there is no need to study maths in 10+2 to do MBA.

MBA is Masters in Business Administration .

As the name suggests it is a Masters degree and can be done after Graduation.

Eligibilility for MBA:

You should be Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university or equivalent.

Mode of Admission:

To take admission into MBA course you have to apply for Entrance exams like CAT, MAT, GMAT , XAT etc.

These are all exam for admission into MBA course in different colleges in India.

If you want to take admission into IIMs then you should apply for CAT exam and score very good percentile to get admission.

There are many branches available in MBA like finance, marketing , human resource management etc. You can choose the branch according to your interest.

So if you want to do MBA then you should complete Graduation first.

You are still in school so you can decide from now onwards which field you want to choose.

BEST OF LUCK...
16th April 2013, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

mba finance i want to choose bt in mba any maths prblms will be na....sir please say .....................
30th May 2013, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Can we do mba after 12th
9th August 2013, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have passed 12th with commerce and i have failed in maths.which has replaced by phy. Education and now,iam doing bba. So in future, can i do mba from any goverment university?
9th August 2013, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

i hv passed 12th with commerce. And i have failed in maths. Which is replace by phy. educAtion. And now,iam doin. Bba. In future can i do mba from any govt. University?
18th October 2013, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

which is best collge in nagpur for MBA?
28th March 2014, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

I have not taken maths in 2 .. so will i get admission in IIM afer graduation if i clear the entrance examination ?
Sir please solve my query !
Thankyou
5th April 2014, 01:15 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

In order to join MBA course, the minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates is Graduation.

One should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in Graduation in order to be eligible for the Entrance Exam to join MBA course.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC or ST category.

There is no upper age limit to join this course. One can join this course at any age.

It does not matter whether you have gone through Mathematics subject in your 10+2 or not only thing that matter is whether you have completed Graduation or not.

You don't need to worry about Mathematics subject.

If you possess the above mentioned eligibility criteria, I suggest you to have good preparation for Entrance Exam and crack it to get admission for MBA course in a top college.

Popular Entrance Exams that give admission for MBA course are
CAT
MAT
GMAT
SNAP etc.

Opt for the specialization in MBA course in accordance with the stream that you have gone through in your Graduation so that you will easily understand the subject.

Try to be strong enough in communication skills by the time you complete your course. Then you will easily get the job opportunities.

Wish you all the best.
19th June 2015, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

How much Complete payment i have to pay to do MBA complete course
9th July 2015, 02:20 PM
mbarendezvous

MBA Stands for Master of Business Administration, yes off course you can do MBA, still if you don't have maths in 12th standard.

CAT (Common Admission test) is one of the most prestigious exam for taking admission in IIMs. Lots of students takes exam for the admission.
Most important thing is only, you have to qualify the CAT Exam then you can take admission in Prestigious iims.

for complete details on CAT Exam you can visit
mbarendezvous dot com
10th July 2015, 02:18 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Information regarding MBA Course.

Nice to see your interest in the ahead career. You can do the MBA course after completing the Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University.

MBA is the Master of Business Administration. f you are interest in the business field then MBA is the best option for you. It is a management course and does not require a candidate to have maths as one of the subjects in 12th. You need a graduation degree so don't worry and choose any stream as per own interest.

After completing the graduation degree you can appear in the CAT examination. If your score in the CAT examination is good then you may get a chance for the admission in the IIM college. IIM is the best institute of our country for the management course. So, don't worry and study well. Wish you all the best for your ahead career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?