27th July 2013, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I do IAS by taking general maths

I have taken general maths i have thought that i can do it by commerce field . In 9th standard i have got 95 out of 100 i like to study math s but my teacher told me that by taking general maths i can take commerce, so what can i do ?

28th July 2013, 09:19 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do IAS by taking general maths

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Examination conducted every year by UPSC after Graduation Degree.

There is no specific stream or subjects to be taken to complete Graduation Degree in order to apply for IAS, Civil Service Exam. One has to complete Graduation Degree with any stream of education to be eligible for the same.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th July 2013, 01:07 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I do IAS by taking general maths

hai,

Yeah sure you can do IAS(Indian Administration Service) after completing general mathematics.

IAS exam is one of the Civil examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.To become a IAS officer first you can crack this examination.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidates must have a graduate in any stream from a recognized university.

Age limit:

Candidates age should between 21 to 30 years.(For OBC category age relaxation is 3 years,for SC/ST Category age relaxation is 5 years).

Nationality:

Candidates must be citizen of India.

Number of attempts:

There is some of attempts required various categories.

For General candidates four attempts

For OBC Candidates seven attempts

No maximum limit for SC/ST candidates.

Selection Process:

It is based on three phases:

1.Preliminary examination
2.Mains exam.
3.Interview.

Preliminary Exam Syllabus :

It consists of Two Papers
No Of Questions : 200
Duration : 2hrs

Paper I :

Current Affairs
Indian Political System
General Science
History of India

Paper II :

Logical Reasoning
Analytical Ability
Decision Making & Problem Solving
General Mental Ability
Numerical ability

Main Examination Syllabus:

Main examinations will consist of following papers

paper I: Essay: 250 marks(To be written in the medium/language of the candidate's selection)

Paper II: Modern Indian Language 300 marks(Qualifying nature-marks not counted passing mandatory)

PaperIII: English 300 marks(Qualifying nature-marks not counted passing mandatory)

paper IV: General Studies I 250 marks(Indian Heritage & Culture,History&Geography of the world & Society)

Paper V: General Studies II 250 marks(Governance,Constitution,Polity,Social Justice& International Releations)

Paper VI: General Studies III 250 marks(Technology,Economic Development,Bio-diversity,Environment,Security & Disaster Management).

Paper VII: General Studies IV 250 marks(Ethics,Integrity & Aptitude)

Paper VIII: Optional subject paper I-250 marks.

Paper IX: Optional subject Paper II-250 marks.

regards...santhosh................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?