23rd September 2012, 07:30 PM
sri vedanth

Difference between mechanical engineering and production engineering?

I am taking production engineering as was got shortlisted in that group. I was interested in mechanical engineering. Could you advise the difference between mechanical engineering and production engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the difference between mechanical engineering and production engineering? I have scored 67772 in EAMCET
  2. Difference between Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical & Automation Engineering?
  3. How can I apply for RRB UPSC chargeman post for mechanical engineering
  4. Difference between mechanical engineering and production and industrial engineering
  5. Am I eligible to become a Mechanical Engineering in PSU being a B.Tech(Production Engineering) with Mechanical Equivalent certificate candidate? -- [New]
  6. Difference between Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Specialization in Manufacturing Technology? Can I apply for government jobs?
  7. How can I apply for RRB UPSC chargeman post for mechanical
  8. What is the eligibility criteria for mechanical and production engineering?
  9. Difference between Aeronatical and Mechanical Engineering?
  10. List of streams available to study in B.Tech
  11. Mechanical engineering after Production engineering? What is best option for me?
  12. How many seats are available in VIT this year for B.Tech
  13. What's the eligibility criteria and admission procedure for MCA course in DU?
  14. Is there any difference between Mechanical and Aerospace engineering in bachelor's degree?
  15. Can I pursue any marine courses after engineering? Can Industrial Production Engineering Students get into Marine Courses?
  16. Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What is the difference between production engineer and mechanical engineer?
  18. Is it better to do production engineering from an A grade college or mechanical engineering?
25th March 2013, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between mechanical engineering and production engineering?

i am doing production and industrial engg.so i know the diffence b/w these two,mechnical engg. is used for marketing and pi is usrd foe shopfloor.both are good.
27th March 2013, 02:36 PM
krrishh_002

Default Re: Difference between mechanical engineering and production engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri vedanth View Post
I am taking production engineering as was got shortlisted in that group. I was interested in mechanical engineering. Could you advise the difference between mechanical engineering and production engineering?
Hi Vedant!

There is a lots of difference b/w the two fields.

Coming to Production Engg. It is a sub branch of Mechanical Field.

Production Engineering deals with the Materials , Production technologies, Machines, Methods , Advancement in Conventional Machining, Forces Induced all that related to production.

This branch emphasis on how to produce material (Metals , Plastics, ThermoPlastics, etc) With minimum cost, more safety, less forces or minimum input max production.

Automation can also be a part of production Engineering.

While Mechanical Engineering is a vast Field.

It Includes, Production, Instrumentation, Automobile, Heat Transfer Application, Power Plant, Refrigeration and Air conditioning, Trusses, Classic Mechanics, Thermal, Fluid Mechanics, CAD/CAM designing, many more.

So basically MECH completes all fields but not in depth. So M tech will be necessary for Perfection.

So if you like Production very much then its good for you,

If you like many things like automobile, jets etc and want any of the field mech is better.

All the best!!

31st March 2013, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

in iit for mechnicl engineer coure ccn production engg go?
21st May 2013, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

I am student of production engineering B.Tech. . I am willing to do P.G. (M.Tech.) . I would like to know can i give the entrance that the mechanical students give or have to go for the ones for production engineering . Would be very thankful .
15th June 2013, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Im doing production engineering BE..want to know..can i do mba in finance after be production??
25th March 2014, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of mechanical and production engineer? let me clear here, it is not the name of two separate branches but a single branch named (mechanical and production). sir please answer
10th July 2015, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering in government Polytechnic nashik. Can I apply for degree in production engineering. Also tell me eligibility criteria for degree in production engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?