22nd January 2012, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Career prospects for 27 years old PG engineering graduate?

sir/madam
I am M.vimala working as Assistant professor in a private engineering college here in Andhra pradesh.I am post graduate in Electrical engineering department.Can you please suggest ways to improve my career profile if I want to shift to career other than teaching.

Related Questions:
  1. Executive MBA after 5 years of experience will help me to build career? Prospects of Stock Market for a B.Com graduate? -- [New]
  2. Which course is better between BSE and B.Tech?
  3. Career prospects after post graduate diploma in Ophthalmology
  4. What are the career prospects after Tourism course? How much salary range does it offer?
  5. What are the job prospects of an IPR Graduate? I am an engineer graduate in CSE
  6. Best colleges in India for Mechanical Engineering and what are the prospects?
  7. Which is the best between B.Tech and BSc? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which course has the best career prospects between Computer Science,Electrical and Electronics Engineering, ECE, IT?
  9. Career prospects after completion of Graduation in Civil Engineering? Best specialization to do PG between Geo technical Engineering and Structural Engineering?
  10. How to make my career in banking sector after passing B.E in Civil Engineering? What are the career prospects in banking sector?
  11. Names of Institutes that offer the Biomedical Engineering Degree course? Career prospects for a Biomedical Engineer?
  12. Astrogeology course & career prospects?
  13. Is it good to join MCA after Bsc Electronics?
  14. Colleges offering courses in sound engineering/editing and the prospects of this career?
  15. Am I eligible for Group I or Group II exam if I am 24 years old, B.Com graduate with diploma in Banking and Finance? What is the career prospect in Group I and Group II?
  16. What are the possible career prospects available in the Networking domain? List of top networking courses which would help me to shape my career in right direction?
  17. Best institute to pursue Aeronautical Engineering? What are the career prospects?
  18. Which is a better course between mechanical and electronics and communication engineering in terms of career prospects, salary and subjects?
7th July 2012, 08:19 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career prospects for 27 years old PG engineering graduate?

I don't know why you choose to work as Assistant Professor after M.Tech degree in Electrical engineering when there are countless number of opportunities for you in both government and private sector. Since Electrical engineering deals with fields associated with power transmission and motor control, the job opportunities are enough out there for M.Tech degree holders.

Electrical Engineers like yourself can make career in various sectors like manufacturing, chemical, wireless, software, electrical equipment etc.

The opportunities depends on your area of specialization in M.Tech. Electrical Engineering has huge scope with science and technology. Photonics, Micro Electronics & VLSI Design, Communication Systems etc are some other areas related to M.Tech. Depending on your expertise you can aim for job in the below companies and industries:

IT Industry
Companies like Intel, Dell, AMD and HCL would have jobs ready for you.

Mobile Communication

Robotics

Consumer Electrical Equipment Manufacturing Units

Research Establishments

Steel Industry

Aircraft and Automobile Industry

Electrically-controlled Industrial Machinery and many more

The government sectors where you can hope for a decent job are:

Hydroelectric Power Plants

Electricity Board

State Road Transport Corporation

National Physical Laboratory in New Delhi

NTPC

Thermal Power Plants

BHEL

Indian Railways etc.
7th July 2012, 09:55 AM
professional khan

TEACHING is not that bad profession. bt if in case you want to shift your interest now ..then you can go for various exams fight for GATE and get eligible for differnt PSU that like
BSNL, MTNL, NTPC, SAIL, PGCIL, HPCL, BPCL, IOCL, ONGC, BHEL, etc.

bettr option if you are from EC we have- BHEL,DRDO,ECIL,BEL,PCIL,IOCL etc

Your age should not be crossed 30 years...
all the best
7th July 2012, 10:46 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Electrical Engineers are required in all manufacturing units.

You can find jobs in the following sectors:-

>Power Corporations
>Electricity Boards
>Large Scale Industries
>Hydro-Electricity Sector
>Natural gas plants
>Design Industries
>Chemical Plants
>Production Plants
>Petroleum Industries
>Research

Apart from these you can look for jobs in the public sectors like indian railways, thermal power plants and nuclear power plants.

Top Recruiters:-

>BHEL
>NTPC
>DMRC
>Hitachi
>Siemens
>Jindal
>Reliance
>L&T
>TATA
7th July 2012, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope after bsc physical science chem?
7th July 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

I want 10 years questions of wbcs with answer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?