18th April 2010, 05:17 PM
sab

Names of Institutes that offer the Biomedical Engineering Degree course? Career prospects for a Biomedical Engineer?

What are the career prospects for a Biomedical Engineer?

What are the aptitude and proficiency requirements for a candidate who wishes to take up a Biomedical Engineering course after the 10 + 2 level?

Please advise the names of Institutes that offer the Biomedical Engineering Degree course.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Biomedical Enginering if I do PCB? Best institutes for Biomedical Engineering? Qualifications required for Biomedical Engineering?
  2. Isn't IIT the right institute to study Biomedical Engineering? Best Biomedical Engineering Institutes in India?
  3. What is the scope for B-Tech in Biomedical engineering? What is the payscale of Biomedical engineer?
  4. Can I do Biomedical engineering after completing B.Pharm course
  5. How to do M.Tech in biomedical engineering after completing B.Tech in biomedical engineering
  6. Am I eligible to get the job in government sector after completion of biomedical engineering?
  7. Names of insitutes that offer Biomedical Engineering Degree Course?
  8. Can I take Biomedical Engineering? What are the job opportunities for biomedical engineering?
  9. Career Prospects for a Biomedical Engineer in India?
  10. Any reputed institutes offering fellowship program? I am doing biomedical engineering course
  11. What are the employment opportunities in Biomedical Engineering? Which colleges are the best to do biomedical engineering?
  12. Which courses I can join after completion of Biomedical Engineering? What will be the career scope and Job Opportunities after completion of those courses?
  13. Names of the top 10 Biomedical Engineering Colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Post graduate programmes where Biomedical engineering students are eligible?
  15. List of Biomedical Companies that allow Biomedical Projects to be done by the candidates pursuing final year BE in Biomedical Engineering in Chennai?
  16. Am I eligible to do masters in Biomedical engineering from Germany? -- [New]
  17. Am I eligible for Biomedical Engineering?
  18. Bachelor's degree in Management or Engineering for Biomedical Engineer who has 25 years of work experience?
19th April 2010, 12:45 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Names of Institutes that offer the Biomedical Engineering Degree course? Career prospects for a Biomedical Engineer?

Biomedical Engineering has tremendous scope in India.

Biomedical Engineering is the branch of Engineering which implies the engineering principles and knowledges in biology and medicine for formulating and solving various Healt issues.Also find the attachment below.

For Biomedical Engineers Human is Like a complex machine in which they have to solve complex health issues by engineering methods.

Infact the instruments like- Pace maker,Artificial Heart etc are result of Biomedical engineering.

We need more biomedical engineers. Students did not take up this responsibility because they felt that job opportunities are limitedCareer in it is very promissing,Not a single good Hospital can run with out a Biomedical Engineers.Every well developed hospital has even a single Biomedical Engineering department.

For getting into The process is as same as that for other Engineering Biomedical Engineering just after 12 (PCB) some also provide admission to (PCM and B) students you have to crack entrance like - IITJEE,AIEEE,VITEEE etc.After that you can chose Biomedical Engineering as your Subject of choice in B.tech.

Following institute are best place for studing that course:

AIIMS,Delhi.
IIT-R.
IIT-K
IIT-kgh.
IIT-D.
IIT-B.
VIT,Vellore.
Amity University,Delhi.
Jadavpur University,West bengal.
IT-BHU,Banaras.

Besides these institutes you can also persue that course from institutes under AIEEE,MH-CET,IITJEE,WBJEE and offeres this course.

Best of luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf biomedical.pdf(100.4 KB, 604 views)

Last edited by faiyaz; 19th April 2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: some text was missing
21st April 2010, 01:41 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Names of Institutes that offer the Biomedical Engineering Degree course? Career prospects for a Biomedical Engineer?

Dear friend
Biomedical engineering is the application of engineering principles and techniques to the medical field.
Biomedical engineering has only recently emerged as its own discipline, compared to many other engineering fields; such an evolution is common as a new field transitions from being an interdisciplinary specialization among already-established fields, to being considered a field in itself. So biomedical engineers are supposed to have very bright opportunitie for job and higher studies in future .

The very first thing that is required is your interest and strong determination for the stream. All the required parameters will be managed itself.
The top colleges for this are
AIIMS
CMC Vellore (or VIT)
MIT Manipal
IIT B,K,D,Kgp
Osmania University
Banaras Hindu University
K.L.E. Society College of Engineering and Technology

For more colleges in this stream please visit
http://www.indiastudychannel.com/courses/CourseDetails.aspx?Id=134

You will get all the major colleges offering the course with details
Thank you
30th April 2010, 09:05 PM
quddus

Hi friend...........

Your choice is good. Biomedical has a very wide scope in india and many institutes offers biomedical. One of the best is AIIMS. So, all the best my friend and thank you!
17th May 2010, 05:25 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

biomedical is a very good field and has a excellent scope .......you can easily go in research field through it.....and workout in companies........
30th May 2010, 10:20 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

These Institutes offer the Biomedical Engineering Degree courses
in india, so please check these colleges-

Anna University

Osmania University

Visvesvaraya Technological University

Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad

Punjab University

AIIMS

MIT, manipal.
31st May 2010, 11:58 AM
bholag

my dear friend,
list of the some of the Institutes that offer the Biomedical Engineering Degree course are:-
AIIMS,
Osmania University,
punjab univrsity
CMC Vellore (or VIT)
MIT Manipal
6th July 2010, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

are there any colleges which provide medical engineering on basis of direct admission, i.e. without any entrance....plz help me..
7th July 2010, 09:32 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
are there any colleges which provide medical engineering on basis of direct admission, i.e. without any entrance....plz help me..

For getting Admission in Engineering and Medical in India, HRD Ministry and Supreme Court has made it mandatory to provide admission only on the basis of Entrance exam.

HRD Ministry has given the power to any Private Institute that they can reserve 10% seats for providing Admission Directly, which we know from name Management Quota. It can admit student of Engineering and Medical Student to its institute directly in there 10% reserved Management seat, but even for that Appear for any Entrance is compulsary.

A candidate should have any Rank (even last or has at least appeared for it in some rare case) in engineering or Medical entrance like- IITJEE, AIEEE, AIPMT or any other state level entrance and at least fulfilling all eligibility criteria then only he she can expect direct admission through Management Quota.

If any Instritute is providing admission Directly without any Entrance keeping in mind then it is Cheating and the student must be aware of this kind of institutes.

However, Banglore has such criteria that if any student has studied Diploma Engineering or 12th from there and have scored good in it and at least appeared for entrance then he she can expect Direct Admission without any entrance.

I think some Open University provide direct admission, but its worth studing from Engineering from any Open University.

However, if student is been provided Direct admission in any Good Institute for Distance Mode then there is no problem.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
8th July 2010, 08:02 AM
gohan4

hi
Your collages are
ALL india institute of Medical science,Delhi
Rajlaksmi engineering collage, Tmilnadu
university institute of engineering and tecnology,chandigar
Smrat Ashok tecnological institute,Madhya Pradesh
8th July 2010, 01:22 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
The biomedical courses are available in India from the following institutions:
All India institute of Medical sciencs, New delhi
site:www.aiims.ac.in
Banaras Hindu University Institute of Technology, UP
site:www.itbhu.ac.in
Jadavpur University,WB
E-mail:[email protected]
15th July 2010, 07:20 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

there are varied in the field of core electronics sector like nokia,videocon.
also in it sector like tcs,cts.
you can also join psu's like jto,drdo etc.
26th July 2010, 01:21 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi friend
the list of the some of the colleges are as follow

Punjab University

AIIMS

MIT, manipal.

Osmania University

8th September 2010, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I want to know it is possible that i can get bio medical science or engineering degree by distance learning in any institutes in india?
12th September 2010, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

how can i get a seat in aiims iam a polytechnic student......
15th November 2010, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

i want to know the names of the colleges which are best for PG in BME in india
21st November 2010, 06:31 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

In India there are many colleges offering Biomedical Engineering. A candidate with +2 qualifications is required to take state level common entrance exam applicable or can also attempt AIEEE entrance exam. Please visit official websites of institutes you are looking to join to get further information regarding the course.
2nd January 2011, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

please tell if there is any specific entrance exam for biomedical engineering ........tell how to enter into it....
5th January 2011, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope about the m.tech in laser and electro optical engg?
28th April 2011, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

plz give me the websites& admission dates of the top colleges for Biomedical Engineering.......
29th April 2011, 01:00 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

Names of Institutes that offer the Biomedical Engineering Degree course

Punjab University

AIIMS

Rajlaksmi engineering collage, Tmilnadu

university institute of engineering and tecnology,chandigar
6th May 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Evaluate the B.Tech (Bio-Medical Instrumentation) course in Dr. MGR University, Chennai
6th May 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

Evaluate the B.Tech (Bio-Medical Instrumentation) Dr. MGR University, Chennai (2009
13th May 2011, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

bio medical engineering is available in Gujarat ?
13th May 2011, 05:40 PM
irfanvora9

biomedical courses gujarat me kaha par available hai ?
21st May 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

can a biology student take admission in biomedical engineering in gujarat? if not plz send the list of engineering courses applicable to a bio student?
9th August 2011, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

as I go through all comments but as i am residing in Mumbai give name of instutes from only mumbai region
15th August 2011, 10:49 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,

Biomedical Engineering is the branch of Engineering which implies the engineering principles and knowledges in biology and medicine for formulating and solving various Healt issues.Also find the attachment below.

For Biomedical Engineers Human is Like a complex machine in which they have to solve complex health issues by engineering methods.

Infact the instruments like- Pace maker,Artificial Heart etc are result of Biomedical engineering.

We need more biomedical engineers. Students did not take up this responsibility because they felt that job opportunities are limitedCareer in it is very promissing,Not a single good Hospital can run with out a Biomedical Engineers.Every well developed hospital has even a single Biomedical Engineering department.

For getting into The process is as same as that for other Engineering Biomedical Engineering just after 12 (PCB) some also provide admission to (PCM and B) students you have to crack entrance like - IITJEE,AIEEE,VITEEE etc.After that you can chose Biomedical Engineering as your Subject of choice in B.tech.

AIIMS,Delhi.
IIT-R.
IIT-K
IIT-kgh.
IIT-D.
IIT-B.
VIT,Vellore.
Amity University,Delhi.
IT-BHU,Banaras.

Besides these institutes you can also persue that course from institutes under AIEEE,MH-CET,IITJEE,WBJEE and offeres this course.

Thanks
11th May 2012, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

what are the subjects taken for studying bio medical enginering
12th June 2012, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

sir...i want to do biomedical engineering....but i have not given any exam related to this course.....
14th June 2012, 08:36 AM
tl.com

hi dear friend,

AIIMS,Delhi.
IIT-R.
IIT-K
IIT-kgh.
IIT-D.
IIT-B.
VIT,Vellore.
Amity University,Delhi.
IT-BHU,Banaras.

Best of luck

thanks
14th June 2012, 07:10 PM
rockstarrocks

Hi dear,

AIIMS,Delhi.
IIT-R.
IIT-K
IIT-kgh.
IIT-D.
IIT-B.
VIT,Vellore.
Amity University,Delhi.
IT-BHU,Banaras.
Thanks
11th April 2013, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Being a bio student , can I get admission in bio medical engineering in gujarat without JEE n with GUJCET?
3rd February 2014, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

I AM 2 P C M STUDENT CAN I SEEK ADMISSION IN BIOMEDCAL ENGINEERING/ MED. ENGG.
2nd February 2015, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

B.TECH DISTANCE BIO MEDICAL ENGG PLZ GIVE THE INFORMATION OF DISTANCE COLLEGES LIST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?