24th October 2011, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IPS Entrance Exam being a candidate going to appear for 10+2?

sir, I'm appearing the 10+2 when I can fill the IPS Entrance exam...

3rd November 2011, 10:09 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I appear for IPS Entrance Exam being a candidate going to appear for 10+2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your Aim to become IPS is very good one.
I appreciate it.
as you are now doing your 10+2 you have a long time to be eligible for writing an entrance exam to become IPS officer.

To become IPS officer you have to clear an entrance exam called Civil Service Exam.
This exam is conducted by UPSC. This is the constitutional body which will select top brains for top most positions in India.

The minimum eligibility criterion to write this exam is
->you have to get 21 years of age.
-> you should have a degree certificate from a recognized university, it may be of any university.

So after completing your intermediate you have to do a degree course what ever it may be.. no problem with the discipline you have to complete the degree and after getting the age of 21 you are eligible to apply for Civil Service exam.

You will become IPS only after clearing 3 stage examination pattern.
->CSAT,
->Mains
->Personal Interview.

I think now you are clear with when to apply for this right.
regularly follow the news related to UPSC

For this kinda news you can go through UPSC official website. Here's the link for the same. www.upsc.gov.in

there are many sources like News papers, blogs, groups and forums.

Slightly you can also start the preparation for Civil Service Exam.
In this duration you can mentally get ready to face this heavy competition.

All the best for your future.

If you get any doubts don't forget that we are here always ready to help you.

Regards
3rd November 2011, 10:29 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I appear for IPS Entrance Exam being a candidate going to appear for 10+2?

Quote:

How To Become an IPS Officer

In order to become an IPS officer..you need to clear the Civil Service Exams conducted by UPSC every year..

You need to be at least a graduate to be eligible for appearing for the exam..

Eligibility Criteria :-

1) You should be between the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

2) You should be a graduate or a final year graduation student from a recognized University..

NOTE :- The maximum number of attempts permissible for the general candidates is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

The following is the exam pattern which is generally followed :-

1) Prelims :- The first round is the Prelims commonly known as CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test) which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude skills..

2) Mains :- The mains test the knowledge of your graduation subjects which you opt before the exam as your optional subjects..

In case you want to know anything more about the exam or have any queries then you can visit the official website of upsc..

http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
3rd November 2011, 10:48 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for IPS Entrance Exam being a candidate going to appear for 10+2?

Hi

IPS

The IPS is known as Indian Police or IPS, is one of the three All India Services of the Government of India.

To get recruited as an IPS officer, you have to go through a procedure as follows :

1. You have to be above 21 years of age at first criteria which you are not. So until you are 21, you cannot sit for this exam

2. You have to have a graduation degree from a recognized university with at least 60% aggregate.

3. This exam is called the CSE Civil Service Examination and its conducted the UPSC Union Public Service Commission every year.

4. This exam has got two parts :

PRELIMINARY
MAINS

5. This basically consist of questions from all fields be in History, General knowledge, and awareness, Maths, or questions from your graduation.

6. Its tough because the no. of seats are very very few, and the no. of candidates applying are very large in number.

7. Once you clear both the exams parts, you would be called for a personal interview and based on how you fare on that, you would be selected for the different ranks.

So its too early for you, thus you cannot apply for that exam as of now. Yeah you can start preparing for it slowly and start gaining knowledge from every field.

All the Best !

Regards
3rd November 2011, 11:31 PM
sathish0038

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS Entrance Exam being a candidate going to appear for 10+2?

hello friend,
Your Aim is good to become an IPS officer.But minimum qualification of the IPS is must have Degree.hear you are 10+ 2 after you should complete your degree in recognized university deffenetly you will get the chance to become an IPS officer
work hard then easily you can get.hear the age limit of IPS is 21.
After you can write the civil service exam.These are the rounds to become IPS
->CSAT,
->Mains
->Personal Interview.

Thank you

all the best
3rd November 2011, 11:43 PM
miiky

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS Entrance Exam being a candidate going to appear for 10+2?

The minimum eligibility criterion to write this exam is:-
(i)you have to get 21 years of age.
(ii) you should have a degree certificate from a recognized university, it may be of any university.

So after completing your intermediate you have to do a degree course what ever it may be.. no problem with the discipline you have to complete the degree and after getting the age of 21 you are eligible to apply for Civil Service exam.

1. CSAT,
2. Mains
3. Personal Interview.
3rd November 2011, 11:59 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear,
doing your 10+2 you have a long time to be eligible for writing an entrance exam to become IPS officer.
Preliminary Examination: it is a qualifying examination and is objective type.
. Main Examination: it is a conventional written examination.
. Interview
Interview

The candidates who clear the mains are selected for the interview. They are interviewed by a board of competent people to judge the suitability of the candidate for the post.
After the interview there is a medical test. It is quite rigid for IPS.

www.upsc.gov.in
sources like News papers, blogs, groups and forums.
OK,
4th November 2011, 01:41 AM
avinashkiitian
Banned

Quote:
If you are interested in the Indian Police Service (IPS) and want to appear in the IPS examination then you need graduation degree in any stream. IPS examination is also called the civil Services examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in every year. It is known as the one of the famous job of the Indian Government.

As you are a student of 12th class then to appear in the IPS examination you need graduation degree so, after completing 12th class you must do graduation in any stream from a recognize University. In the final year of graduation or after passing the graduation you can apply for the IPS examination. So, i advise you to first do graduation degree.

For IPS examination the minimum age must be 21 years and the maximum age must not more then 30 years. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates of the reservation category. For any more information about the IPS examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in Good Luck for Future.
4th November 2011, 09:23 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

The examination for the IPS officer is conducted by the UPSC in the form of Civil Service Examination.
The minimum educational qualification required to apply for the Civil Service Examination is Graduation.
As you are not Graduate and only appearing in 10+2 you are not eligible to apply for the Civil Service Examination.

So I therefore suggest you to first complete your 10+2 and then take admission in Graduation.After completing Graduation apply for the Civil Service Examination.

Best Wishes....
7th July 2012, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS Entrance Exam being a candidate going to appear for 10 2?

Hello...
I am doing third year b.com..
May i know The next date for registration of CSAT examination and how can i register??
7th July 2012, 07:09 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to give the IPS Exam now. Read the eligibility criteria listed below to learn more about it.

IPS Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

>>To give this exam you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. If you are appearing for the final year then also you are eligible to apply for this exam.

>>Your age should be between 21-30 years.

>>There is age relaxation of upto 5 years for the SC/ST candidates and upto 3 years for OBC Canidates.

>>At the most you can give this exam for four times.

Selection Procedure:-

>Preliminary Exam
>Main Exam
>Personal Interview

Exam Pattern:

Physical Standard:

For more information: http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th July 2012, 08:52 PM
EALPExpert

Quote:
Information About IPS Exam :

Now you are studying the 10+2 course and after that interested to write the IPS entrance exam, then you don't worry after completing the 10+2 examinations. You need to join in any graduation course and after completing the graduation course you can apply for IPS Exam and also follow information regarding the IPS exam given bellow..

IPS stands for indian police service and this is conducted by the union public service commission under the civil services exams every year once and writing the IPS exam, required educational qualifications are you must completed the GRADUATION from recognized university and you can also apply in the final year of your degree and here required age limit should be 21-30 years and here age relaxation for reserved category candidates are given bellow.
  • 3 years for OBC candidates,
  • 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
Also required physical requirements are, for male general candidate 165cm and female 150cm and if you are sc/st male candidate then 160cm and female 145cm and you must be indian.So if you are qualifying the above mention requirements, then you can apply for IPS exam. And this exam selection processor is based on the preliminary exam and main exam and personality test or interview and if you wan't become a IPS office then you need to completed the GRADUATION program.

~~ Regards
EALPExpert
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?