25th June 2011, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Chances of getting full scholarship of atleast 50% waiver after scoring 1470 in GRE, 118 in TOEFL and 3.1 CGPA?

Hi,
I'm a Nigerian graduate who just wrote her GRE-1470 and TOEFL-118 and CGPA of 3.1. I plan to study computer science or any computer related courses for my masters. What are my chances of getting if not a full scolarship but at least a 50% waiver or scolarship in any American School and which of these schools please? Thank you very much.

Related Questions:
  1. Do I have any chances for getting scholarship after aplying to various universities if I score well in GRE too? Criteria for admission and required GRE score?
  2. Required scores in GRE and TOEFL to get full scholarship for MS?
  3. Score required in GRE and TOEFL to get full scholarship?
  4. Scores required in GRE and TOEFL to get full scholarship?
  5. Cutoff marks required in GRE and TOEFL to study MS with full scholarship in US?
  6. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL?
  7. How much percentage is required to get full scholarship after passing mechanical Engineering with 67%? How much percentage is required in GRE and TOEFL? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What should be the GRE score to get admission in Maters in Power Electronics after B.Tech with 8.2 CGPA?
  9. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  10. Can I get Tata Scholarship to do MS in USA after scoring 1010 in GRE, 83 in TOEFL and 71.83 in B.Tech?
  11. What are the entrance exams to prepare for doing higher studies in abroad with scholarships?
  12. Is it necessary to take GRE and TOEFL exam to study Ph.D in foreign countries?
  13. Which are the colleges/universities that are offering MS? Is a good GRE score necessary to get admitted in UK colleges? Chances of getting scholarship?
  14. How to do MS in US after completing MBA(HRM)?What is the procedure to do MS in US
  15. Chances of getting admission in M.S. Computer Science with scholarship for B.E. Electrical graduate who scored 307 in GRE and 99 in TOEFL, having 6 years of work experience?
  16. List of colleges for MS(English course) in Germany? GRE & TOEFL scores to get chance in these universities with a scholarship?
  17. What is the procedure followed for getting scholarship for doing higher education in Germany and US? -- [New]
  18. Scholarship schemes to apply after scoring 8.4 CGPA in 10th?
3rd July 2011, 12:01 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances of getting full scholarship of atleast 50% waiver after scoring 1470 in GRE, 118 in TOEFL and 3.1 CGPA?

Dear Friend

Your GRE score and TOEFL score are really very good and above average.
If your CGPA is on the scale of 4.0 then your CGPA is fairly good.
If you are not late to apply you should surely get a good US university with
this academics and test scores.

With this score you can easily get 50% fee waiver and/or scholarship.

There is no fixed trend or parameter to find out the amount of scholarship
one could get at a particular score and academic record in a particular institution.

You just apply to the universities which you find good. Try to apply in at least 3-4
universities so that you could choose the best possible option.

If you have done any good project/research work which is published in some
national/international journal then you would get preference in getting scholarships.

Generally, the scholarship amount for only MS program is less but if you opt for
MS + Ph.D. program (5 year) the amount of scholarship would go high.
25th December 2013, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Chances of getting full scholarship of atleast 50% waiver after scoring 1470 in GRE, 118 in TOEFL and 3.1 CGPA?

Hello Sir/madam
My self sarika i did B.SC(chemistry-mumbai unversity) then pGDiploma in Textile chemistry(VJTI College) so we are equivalent as B.Tech & i have 7 yrs work experience. I want to do now master degree from abroad..so pls seggested should i go for GRE & TOFLE exam..isnt help me for getting admission for master degree in aboard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?