31st January 2011, 09:41 AM
AMAR CHANDRA

Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering: Better branch?

Which branch is better among Chemical Engineering , Electrical Engineering & Mechinical Engineering .

31st January 2011, 11:34 AM
babydoll

Default Re: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering: Better branch?

Hello friend/professionals,
As you know each and every field of engineering is its own importance so this very tough to compare each other. But we can compare these branches according to the market position and demand in the industries.
As you have mentioned chemical engineering, Electrical engineering and Mechanical engineering, i suggest that you must go for Electrical or mechanical engineering. These two branch are core branches of engineering and highly chosen by the candidates.
You can get high profile jobs after completion of your B.Tech from these branches.

Good luck!!!!!
31st January 2011, 12:50 PM
mishra245

Default Re: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering: Better branch?

This all depend on your interest in the stream of your choosing.
In the scope term we have to talk about the branchs are ,
Chemical engg is best branch according to me.because Chemical engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the application of physical science (e.g., chemistry and physics), and life sciences (e.g., biology, microbiology and biochemistry) with mathematics and economics, to the process of converting raw materials or chemicals into more useful or valuable forms. In addition to producing useful materials, modern chemical engineering is also concerned with pioneering valuable new materials and techniques - such as nanotechnology, fuel cells and biomedical engineering.Chemical engineering largely involves the design, improvement and maintenance of processes involving chemical or biological transformations for large-scale manufacture.
31st January 2011, 02:50 PM
Ramyakiruthi

Thumbs up Re: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering: Better branch?

Hi...

All the three branches are good...

If you have interested in chemical engineering do it without any confusion and shine in your studies, surely you will get any good job in good company else you will be a good scientist...

If you have interested in electrical engineering do it.... You will get a best job in your field...

If you have interested in Mechanical engineering do that... Surely you will get a satisfactory job with good salary...

So think it as your wish and take a decision and do it your life will become shine...

Because if you are interested in your field, then the problems can be solved easily... Else the easiest thing can also a toughest one...

So go along with your choice...

ALL THE BEST.....

With regards
Ramyakiruthi...
31st January 2011, 03:13 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello amar,

All of them have its own uses and i can say that all are good according to its field,If you are interested in machines and robots you cam go for mechanical or if electronics is your passion,then you can go for electronics.

Both electrical and mechanical have better prospects than chemical however.

So choose carefully and best wishes!!
31st January 2011, 10:06 PM
shubham957

Cool Re: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering: Better branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAR CHANDRA View Post
Which branch is better among Chemical Engineering , Electrical Engineering & Mechinical Engineering .
dear friend,
all these branches are good. all these are having good placements. but i must tell you that among these branches, mechanical is said to be an evergreen trade in which every student finds job one day. there is no shortage of jobs for mechanical engineer. also a mechanical engineer can enter both in public as well as private sector for jobs. so you must take mechanical engineering for a better future.
6th February 2011, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

what is the impartance of electronics in the future?
18th February 2011, 09:12 PM
sonalgoel1

Smile Re: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering: Better branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAR CHANDRA View Post
hello,
saying one of the stream to be better wont be wise as every branch has its own importance and own subjects. It completely depends upon your area of interest in which you want to pursue your career.

But seeing the todays trend it would be wise if you choose any of electrical or mechanical because there are more job opportunities in both of these streams and these students doing graduation in these streams are also absorbed by the IT companies as well if there are no CORE companies visiting the campus.

Rest choice is completely yours.

good luck ahead
17th April 2011, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

i have done my graduation from mecanichal engg. but i have an interest in bio-tech and chemical branch. but dont want to do job as a mechanical engg. is their any possibility to get in bio-tech and chemical branch? plz suggest me some course or job which shld i have to do?
prince kumar
[email protected]
30th April 2011, 11:01 AM
dimpy dey

Default Re: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or computer engineering: Better branch?

Which branch is better among Chemical Engineering , Electrical Engineering,mechanical engineering or computer engineering after passing 12
10th May 2011, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

EACH ONE HAS IT IMPOTANCE
14th May 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

CHEMICAL IS THE BEST. BETTER TAKE THAT.
26th May 2011, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

cut of list in engeenering college in maharastra
13th June 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

hey gys please tell me which would be better for b.tech, electrical engg. or electronics & comm. engg. from IIT Roorkee.
15th June 2011, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

is chemical engineering good at amrita campus in coimbatore
17th June 2011, 03:36 PM
sachin6

You choose electrical or mechanical. Both the courses have good scope in anytime.
19th June 2011, 08:14 PM
sachin6

The better branches for your great future are electrical and mechanical engineering. Both have good scope and great earnings get from many good companies
24th June 2011, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Which is better in IT-BHU,Electrical engineering or Mechanical engineering...?
24th June 2011, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

records of 2010 AIEEE rank with colleges
25th June 2011, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

are packages in chemical good enough??
25th June 2011, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

chemical engineering is best?
25th June 2011, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

how would be career options after 4 years in chemical engineering?
25th June 2011, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

can i do M.S in astrophysics after doing B.tech in chemical engineering
28th June 2011, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

is it better to do ms after b.tech in electrical and electronics????
20th July 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

i have completed diploma in chemical engineering and i want to continue my study like btech, but my placement has done in very small industries therefore my parents wants to change my branch in btech like electrical engineering , what i wil do please suggest me ,thanks
22nd July 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

mechanical enginnering is the best eng. because it has unbelivable placements in the whole world.
23rd July 2011, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

hmmm...i think everything depends on your intrest..:)
each feild has a scope..
the most important thing u have to follow is work hard..its simple
n u will achieve everything u need!!
im a 1 student...the thing i did is went to the school councilors n asked for my doubts..
pliz do this n u will b happy wid whatever u do!! :)
so keep smiling ...enjoy n study hard..
may u achieve all ur success u need
24th July 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

chemical engg is'nt good
electrical is best
14th August 2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

which is the best mining engg or other types of engg
14th August 2011, 05:42 PM
Amol Balasaheb Kakade

Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,Electrical Engineering these all three branches are better. But Mechanical Engineering ia very good. When you completing your degree course in mechanical branch you will give job in best post as compare to other two branches
good luck for your 4 year degree course...........
14th August 2011, 08:02 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

The importance of every branch is different and there is no comparison between branches but for your convenience i suggest you to do engineering from electrical branch because in this branch you can get private as well as government job.
On second position you can choose Mechanical and in last i suggest you to take chemical engineering branch.
6th November 2011, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

mechanical is the best...................mechanical engrs works everywhere...in chemical,power plants,construction,militar,,,,,everywhere......th at is why its called evergreen field
9th November 2011, 04:16 AM
Unregistered

Which one engineering (mechanical or electrical) can ba a great favours after four years?
11th February 2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

chemical engineering covers many aspect of human endeavours.Has a lot of applications and job oportunities.Go for it.It is the best.
14th January 2013, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

theyre all cool. i suggest you to take them all! it will took you just 12 years.
15th July 2014, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

which branch is better chemical or mechanical engineering to get job in foriegn country ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?