28th August 2012, 01:17 PM
viju037

Which stream is a better choice for me between Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering to get a Job in Government sector?

sir
please give me suggestion for future

which branch is better between mechanical and electrical engineering branch in govt sector.

Related Questions:
11th January 2013, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Which stream is a better choice for me between Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering to get a Job in Government sector?

both stream is good for govt. engineering jobs.
and trades depends on your interest
but if you want to compare
mechanical engineering have more govt jobs than electrical engineering
thankyou.
27th April 2013, 04:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is a better choice for me between Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering to get a Job in Government sector?

Both the streams are better to have a job in government sector. Selection of the course can be done according to your choice. After completing either of the courses, you can find a job in Indian engineering services by qualifying UPSC ESE. GATE qualifiers can try for jobs in PSU like IOCL, NTPC, and OIL. You can join as asst commandant in defense by qualifying CDS.
27th April 2013, 05:46 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Generally both the streams are considered good for government sector job. Even though mechanical stream has more jobs in comparison to Electrical, I will still urge you to choose the one which you find more interesting.

After all your interest is quite critical. If you are interested in Electrical and choosing Mechanical because it offers more job, please don't do so. The Electrical Engineering too offers plenty of government sector job.

You can apply for job in number of Public Sector Undertaking regarding of the stream you have completed out of these two. The Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) companies conduct their own entrance exam for the job.

Each company conduct separate entrance exam and also issues separate notification. To apply for PSU I will ask you to appear for the GATE entrance exam as well.

You can appear for GATE during the final year of Engineering course. GATE is critical since some Public Sector Undertakings do not conduct written test. They ask for the GATE scorecard.

PSU Eligibility

1. Nationality: PSU jobs are open for Indians only.

2. Education: B.E. or B.Tech degree is good enough.

3. Marks: 60 percent are required to apply.

4. A valid GATE score is also required in some cases.

5. Please clear all pending backlogs before applying for PSU job.

6. Age Limit: 21 is lower age and 30 is upper age limit.

7. Relaxation: While there is no relaxation in lower age, there is 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST in upper age limit.

List of PSU

BHEL

ISRO

Indian Railways

Coal India

ONGC

NTPC

DRDO

HPCL

ECIL

NALCO

SAIL

HAL

BEL

MTNL

IOCL

GAIL

BSNL

BPCL

Apart from Public Sector Undertakings you can appear for the Indian Engineering Service exam. You can appear for IES with B.Tech in Mechanical as well Electrical engineering.

There are few hundred jobs in government departments that are offered through the Indian Engineering Service. To apply you should meet the following criteria.

IES Eligibility

1. Eligible Candidate should be of Indian origin.

2. B.Tech should be completed from recognized college.

3. There is no minimum percentage required in B.Tech.

4. Final year students are also eligible to sit for exam.

5. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

6. Relaxation - OBC 3 years and SC/ST - 5 years.
15th June 2013, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

How much salary of electrical and E.C engineer in last two years?
31st August 2013, 05:00 PM
raghavamaruthi

Hi..there is a straight confident answer for your question.Obviously the answer is mechanical engineering.The reason is today we deficiency in mechanical engineers,as so many students prefer electrical engineering.Moreover as we have so many mechanical engineers,for the sake of getting good efficiency in work,govt.sector need more and more mechanical engineers.So i will prefer mechanical engineering to you.
3rd September 2013, 07:08 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Dear aspirant,
Mechanical,Civil,Electrical have few more chances in government sector than others.So you take any of Mechanical or Electrical to get government job.With this degree you can write civil services,IES,Railway exams,NTPC exams,BHEL exams, and some more.But compared to Mechanical Electrical is more difficult to read and also competition is more in Electrical department.So you can take Mechanical to avoid competition.But if you are interested in electrical you can take that one only.While taking the branch give more preference for your interest.
====::ALL THE BEST::========
1st May 2014, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

which stream is better for me b/w Mechanical engineering Diploma nd Electrical engineering Diploma in punjab?
21st July 2014, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

which companies do not offer job to engineer students which have done diploma instead of 11-12th?
5th November 2014, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

As Hnd chemical engineer holder, i want to pursue a bsc in electrical or mechanical engineering but confused about the choice , the one to choose, if you were in my shoes which one will u pursue and why.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?