3rd January 2017, 12:46 PM
deekshareddy

Which Colleges in India offers B.Sc in Bioforestry? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write for admission?

Respected Sir, I want to pursue B.Sc in Bio-forestry so I want to know about the colleges in India that offers B.Sc in Bio-forestry. What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write for admission? Are there any Scholarship available for pursuing the course? If yes then please tell me the procedure to apply for it.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria to study BSc in Agriculture in Indian Colleges? How to get admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is it Possible to pursue B.Ed from Distance Education? Do I have to write an Entrance exam and what is the eligibility criteria required to pursue B.Ed course?
  3. Eligibility criteria for admission in Homeopathic Colleges in India?
  4. What exams can I write after BSc Agriculture to get a job? Eligibility criteria for writing Group I exam? Any special coaching required for the exam?
  5. Can I take admission in BSc IT on the basis of my 12th percentage which is 76%? Eligibility criteria of it?
  6. Can I pursue Marine Engineering from any College? Which Colleges in Indian offer Marine Engineering course and what is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  7. Which colleges in India offer M.Sc with Optics in India? How can I apply for admission? -- [New]
  8. What is the course duration for BMS course? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  9. List of colleges in India offering MBA in Power Management? What is the eligibility criteria?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing M.Tech in Astrophysics? Which college in India offers M.Tech in Astrophysics?
  11. What is the procedure to get admission in Dhirubhai Ambani Institute for pursuing B.Tech? What is the eligibility criteria required and do I need to write any entrance exam for admission?
  12. Can I take admission for MCA in maharashtra? What is the eligibility criteria?
  13. Which Institutes in Mumbai offers DNB dermatology course? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  14. What should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Indian Navy Officer? Which exam do I have to write?
  16. What is the fee structure and eligibility criteria for pursuing MBA form Top College in India or Abroad?
  17. Am I eligible to get admission in a Maritime College in India being a Nepal Citizen? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  18. Best colleges offering M.Sc. course in Molecular Biology and Genetics?
25th July 2017, 07:47 PM
ravinayadav256

Default Re: Which Colleges in India offers B.Sc in Bioforestry? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write for admission?

Eligibility for B.Sc forestry:-

Student must have passed 12th (physics,chemistry and biology) with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board.

Duration - 4 years

The candidates who have passed all india entrance exam of ICAR are eligible for admission to agricultural universities that offers forestry courses.

Some reputed universities conduct their own entrance exam for admission in B.Sc forestry course.

List of some entrance exams:-

OUAT Entrance Exam
Pant Nagar University Entrance Exam
GSAT
IISER Entrance Exam
AIEEE
Rajasthan JET
MP PAT

Courses after B.Sc forestry:-

M.Sc in wildlife
M.Sc in forestry
(M.Sc) in agroforestry
Master in wildlife science
Post graduate diploma in forest management

List of best B.Sc (Forestry) colleges in India:-

College Of Agriculture And Regional Research Station
Karnataka

Agricultural College And Research Institute
Tamil Nadu

College Of Agricultural Engineering, Punjab Agriculture University
Punjab

College Of Agriculture
Uttar Pradesh

Kerala Agricultural University
Kerala

College Of Forestry
Jammu And Kashmir

Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth
Maharashtra

Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Faculty of Agricultural Engineering
Madhya Pradesh

College Of Agriculture And Regional Research Station,
Karnataka

Birsa Agricultural University
Bihar

Indian Institute of Forest Management
Bhopal

Dr BR Ambedkar University
Uttar Pradesh

Tropical Forest Research Institute
Jabalpur

Forest Research Institute University
Dehradun

Arid Forest Research institute
Jodhpur

Job profiles:-

Foresters silviculturist
Forest officer
Teacher
Lecturer
Forester
Forestry technicians
Forest professionals
Forest range officer
Senior forestry consultant

Employment areas:-

Land management agencies
Educational institutions
Biotechnology firms
Chemical industry
Food companies
Forest services
Biotechnology firms
26th July 2017, 02:14 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which Colleges in India offers B.Sc in Bioforestry? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write for admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekshareddy View Post
Respected Sir, I want to pursue B.Sc in Bio-forestry so I want to know about the colleges in India that offers B.Sc in Bio-forestry. What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write for admission? Are there any Scholarship available for pursuing the course? If yes then please tell me the procedure to apply for it.
B.SC Forestry is related to forestry and wildlife course in which the art and science of managing forests ,Tree plantation and related natural resources.

>> The duration of this course is 4 years which is divided into 8 semesters.

>> Minimum qualification required to apply is 12 or equivalent from govt. recognized board.

COLLAGES OFFERS B.SC COURSE IN BIO FORESTRY:-

>> Navsari Agricultural University (Navsari).

>> Kannur university(Kannur).

>> Collage of forestry(Akola).

>> Forest collage and research institute –FCRI (Coimbatore).

JOB FIELD AFTER B.SC FORESTRY:-

>> Farming Manager.

>> Nursery Manager.

>> Assistant Manager.

>> Lecturer and Teacher.

>> Agriculture credit Manager.

So above described are job field for a B.SC forestry degree holder candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?