16th December 2016, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Indian Navy Officer? Which exam do I have to write?

Respected Sir, I am Harish Shaw and I am a student of Harvard House High School, I am in class 9th. I want to become an Indian Navy Officer so I want to know what is the eligibility criteria required to become an Indian Navy Officer? Which exam do I have to write? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write?
  2. What is the qualification criteria required to join the Indian Navy? Which entrance exam should I write?
  3. What are the eligibility criteria required to appear for Indian Navy exam? How can I prepare for the exam?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria required for Girls to join the Indian Navy? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if got 47% in 12th with Science (PCM)? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Navy?
  7. How can a Female candidate join the Indian Navy? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Navy?
  8. Jobs in Indian Navy for EEE graduates? Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for officer grade jobs in Indian Navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the eligibility criteria required to get the job of Unani Medical officer? Which exam do I have to write?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for the Indian Air Force and Navy exam? How much should I score in class 10th to join any of them?
  11. How can I join the Indian Navy as a Deck Cadet after completing class 12th? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Indian Navy?
  12. What is the eligibility criteria required to get a job in the Indian Railways?
  13. Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required to join Indian Navy? Necessary books for the preparation of entrance exam?
  14. Eligibility criteria to get in India Navy as officer's post after diploma in Mechanical Engineering? What is the entry procedure?
  15. How can a Female student become a Naval Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required?
  16. What is the qualification criteria required to apply for the Indian Navy?
  17. Eligibility criteria to join Indian Navy after Diploma in Marine Engineering? Can I get a grade 1 job?
  18. What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any Physical criteria required?
18th December 2016, 02:32 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Indian Navy Officer? Which exam do I have to write?

It is very good to see that you have decide to become an officer in Indian Navy. So, to get into officer's rank in Indian Navy you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria at first:

> The minimum qualification to join Indian Navy is 12 standard with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board. With this qualification you can appear for NDA examination.

> You must complete you graduation in engineering with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognized college/university to apply for officer's rank.

> For Air force academy your age should be 19 to 23 years, for naval academy it is 19 to 22 years and for officer training it is 19 to 25 years.

> You must be an Indian citizen.

> You should be an unmarried male candidate.

> You must be physically and mentally fit.

With this eligibility criteria you have to appear for CDS (Combined Defense Service) examination which is conducted by UPSC twice every year. If you want to join Indian Navy after 12th then you have to write NDA (National Defense Academy) examination. But, as you want to become an officer, so for that you have to complete your graduation and appear for CDS examination.
18th December 2016, 08:52 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Indian Navy Officer? Which exam do I have to write?

To become officer in Indian Navy candidates have to appear and qualify in NDA examination.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have PCM as main paper for Navy and Air Force.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th December 2016, 07:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am Harish Shaw and I am a student of Harvard House High School, I am in class 9th. I want to become an Indian Navy Officer so I want to know what is the eligibility criteria required to become an Indian Navy Officer? Which exam do I have to write? Please answer as soon as possible.
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard or final year of 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics subject from a recognized board are eligible for Indian Navy.

Your age should be in between 1.5 to 19.5 years.

This exam is conducted by UPSC through NDA exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?