14th May 2015, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Commerce student can do Petroleum or Petrochemical engineering?

If I select COMMERCE in my 11 standard, after my higher education can i choose for petroleum and petrochemical engineering.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Petrochemical engineering course better? Top Petrochemical engineering colleges in Karnataka?
  2. How to switch from cement sector to petrochemical or petroleum refining sector?
  3. Which is the better course between Petrochemical and Petroleum engineering?
  4. Can I apply for Petrochemical Engineering after completing 12th?
  5. Scope in Marine, Petrochemical/Petroleum and Mining Engineering courses?
  6. Any difference between Petrochemical and Petroleum Engineering? Is Automobile Engineering a good option?
  7. Best colleges to study petroleum engineering? I am a 12th science student -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which are the colleges offering Petrochemical courses?
  9. BE in Petrochemical is available in MS University after Diploma in Petrochemical?
  10. Am I eligible for IES exam after completing bachelor degree in petrochemical engineering
  11. Which subjects should I study in my secondary school so as to join the Petrochemical Engineering? Which university is the best for Petrochemical Engineering?
  12. Petroleum filed obs are not for girls? Future of Petroleum engineering?
  13. Can I get project topics on Petroleum Geology? I am a final year student of Petroleum Engineering
  14. Can I do M.Tech Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemical engineering after B.Tech Mechanical
  15. Mumbai University BE in Chemical Engineering 7th Sem. Petrochemical and Refining Technology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Cochin University B. Tech in Safety and Fire Engineering-8th Sem.-Safety in Petroleum And Petrochemical Industries Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  17. Can I get admitted to 2nd year engineering in Maharashtra Institute of Technology for Petrochemical Branch after securing 60% in 1st year of engineering?
  18. Syllabus and previous year papers of Graduate Trainee exam of ONGC for Petroleum engineering?
14th May 2015, 09:27 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce student can do Petroleum or Petrochemical engineering?

Sorry to say, A Commerce student can not do B.tech in Petrochemical engineering. Because science stream is must for Petrochemical engineering.

Petroleum Engineering is an engineering discipline related with the subsurface activities connected to the production of hydrocarbons, which can be either crude oil or natural gas.

For doing B.Tech Petroleum Engineering course, Candidate should be passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.

One must also pass the qualifying entrance exam of AIEEE, or JEE which is conducted by the IIT's.
15th May 2015, 12:16 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

No, you can not apply for the petrochemical engineering after 12th if you choose to commerce in the 12th standard. For this you have to take Science stream in 11th and 12th standards with the main subjects as physics, chemistry and mathematics and other two necessary subjects are English and Hindi.

After qualifying the 12th you have to pass the entrance exam for admission in engineering that are -

AIEEE

IIT

CET

After qualifying these exams you can apply for petrochemical engineering in any college and university of India.
15th May 2015, 12:46 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a commerce student in your secondary education you are not eligible for petrochemical or petroleum or any other engineering course as the minimum requirement for this course is 12th with Science stream with physics , chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects from a recognized institution .

Also for the pursuing of these courses from top engineering colleges you will have to go through the various engineering entrance examination and have to secure good marks in the same as these courses are with good scopes and good demand .

So if you are interested in the same course then you will have to start your 11th once again with the science stream which would mean a loss of year in your academics .
15th May 2015, 07:00 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to let you know that you are not eligible for any engineering course whether it is petroleum or petrochemical or any other trade being a commerce student in your senior secondary education .

As the minimum educational requirement for pursuing of any engineering course is senior secondary school degree with science stream with physics , chemistry and mathematics as the main subjects .Also your degree must be from a recognized school/college affiliated to recognized board .

Also for reading this courses from a top government or private engineering college you will have to appear in the engineering entrance examination like JEE , State EEE , Comed-k , SRMEEE etc. and have to secure good aggregate too as these are the courses with bright future and hence have good demands .

I you are determined to do these courses then you will have to change your stream from commerce to science .Also if the registration process for the 11th class has not been ended then you can make this change of streams in this academic year otherwise you will have to suffer a loss of academic year and has to start your 11th with the science stream .
16th May 2015, 12:01 AM
alludu

Sorry to say, A Commerce student can not do B.tech in Petrochemical engineering. Because science stream is must for Petrochemical engineering.

Petroleum Engineering is an engineering discipline related with the subsurface activities connected to the production of hydrocarbons, which can be either crude oil or natural gas.

For doing B.Tech Petroleum Engineering course, Candidate should be passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.

One must also pass the qualifying entrance exam of AIEEE, or JEE which is conducted by the IIT's.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?