2nd September 2013, 05:02 PM
jitendrakanaka

Am I eligible for IES exam after completing bachelor degree in petrochemical engineering

am i eligbile for IES exam. i have completed my bachelors degree(b.tech) in petrochemical engineering. petrochemical background engineering students are eligible are not help me pls

3rd September 2013, 10:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES exam after completing bachelor degree in petrochemical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitendrakanaka View Post
am i eligbile for IES exam. i have completed my bachelors degree(b.tech) in petrochemical engineering. petrochemical background engineering students are eligible are not help me pls

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed your Bachelor Engineering Degree course, then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination, But your engineering degree must be in CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also applicable for IES Exam.

You are from B-Tech in petrochemical engineering department so you are applicable for IES exam.But you can write this exam in below given subjects .You can choose any subject from given list .

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

List of the Best IES coaching Center in India:-

I.E.S. Made Easy
44-A / 1, Kalu Sarai (Sarvapriya Vihar) New Delhi – 110016.
Phone: Delhi : 011-45124612 , 09958995830
Email id - [email protected]

IES Academy
IES ACADEMY,
25 , Jia Sarai, Near IIT, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi – 16
Ph: 011 - 26537570,
Mob: 09810958290

RAOS JAIPUR IAS/IES/RAS INSTITUTE
Address: 3 Kailash Vihar Lal Kothi Tonk Road
City: Jaipur
State: Rajasthan
Phone: 0141- 2742077 9314226621 921450583

For more information about IES Exam , you may log into visit http://upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2013, 12:24 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES exam after completing bachelor degree in petrochemical engineering

Hi,

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have B-Tech/BE degree in Civil Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering then you are applicable for IES exam .

OR

If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

You are from B-Tech AMIE candidate so you are not applicable for IES exam.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.

SC/ST = 5 years .
OBC =3 years .
PWD =10 years .
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years .

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

For more;-www.upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2013, 12:59 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you have a valid Bachelor of Technology degree then surely you are eligible for the Indian Engineering Service entrance exam. However there is something you should know before applying.

Indian Engineering Service is conducted in only 4 branches of Engineering:-

1. Civil Engineering

2. Electrical Engineering

3. Electronics and Communications

4. Mechanical Engineering

While you are eligible for the Indian Engineering Service. You will have to give exam is one of the 4 branches mentioned above. Now if your course is similar to any of these branches, then it would be easy for you to prepare for the exam. Otherwise preparing for completely different stream would be extremely difficult. In that case it would be better for you to apply in Public Sector Undertaking.

The Indian Engineering Service is conducted to fill vacancies in various government deparments. You must meet the following criteria to appear for it.

IES Eligibility

1. You should be citizen of India or Nepal.

2. A subject of Bhutan is also eligible.

3. Must have B.Tech/B.E. degree to apply.

4. There is no minimum marks criteria.

5. Final year students are also eligible.

6. As on January 1st of examination year, your age should be 21 to 30 years.

7. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

8. Relaxation is 5 years for SC and ST.
3rd September 2013, 02:36 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As you are a B.Tech. Graduate, you are eligible for IES.

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service, the examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, can apply for IES.

The candidate from any stream can apply for IES but he or she has to write IES in any one of the subject branch:-

Civil Engg.
Mechanical Engg.
Electrical Engg.
Electronics & Telecommunication Engg.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2013, 08:07 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

My dear friend the I.E.S. ( Indian Engineering Services ) Is a Civil Service Exam

which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission of India .

The exam is conducted to recruit potential candidates for the various posts of

engineering services under the public sector .

These are then further grouped in four categories as , Civil engineering ,

Mechanical engineering , Electronics and telecommunication .

Eligibility for the exam is -;

Candidate should must be Indian .

a subject of Nepal and Bhutan can also apply .

Age criteria is 21 to 30 years can apply .

Candidate should be graduate in technical stream From B.tech or B.sc .

Have no backlogs in graduation .

Relaxation will as the government rules for all the catagories .

The candidate of the different stream can apply are -;

civil

Mechanical

Electrical engineers

Electronics and telecommunication

Schedule of seat allotment is -;

317 seats for general category

113 schedule casts

209 other backward class

53 scheduled tribes

44 seats are for specially physically handaicapt candidates .

The exam pattern is -;

Part A – General English
Part B – General Studies
Time Allowed - 2 hours
Marks -200

Paper I
Time allowed -2 hours
Marks -200

Paper II
Time alloted -2 hours
Marks -200

Section II – Conventional Paper
Paper I
Time allowed -3 hours
Minimum marks -200

Paper II
Time allowed -3 hours
Marks -200

Total Marks

Thanks have a nice day .

4th September 2013, 12:41 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services conducted by the UPSC every year.

IES conducts examination in the below 4 branches of Engineering:

* Civil Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Electrical Engineering
* Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

The eligibility criteria is as follows:

* Candidate must be a citizen of India or Nepal.

* Must have B.Tech/B.E. degree with minimum qualifying marks.

* Age should be in between 21 to 30 years

A relaxation in age of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 Years for SC/ST candidates is granted.

Thanks.
4th September 2013, 10:22 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Abbreviation "IES" stands for Indian Engineering Services Examination. The Union Public Service Commission conducts the IES Examination every year.

The Eligibility Criteria Required for IES Exam are :

** The candidate must have completed Bachelor`s Degree in Engineering from any recognized college/university.

** Candidates pursuing Bachelor`s Degree in Engineering in final year are also eligible to sit in the exam.

** The candidates have to choose any one from the below mentioned streams for the examination :

>> Civil Engineering

>> Mechanical Engineering

>> Electronics & Electrical Engineering

>> Electronics & Communication Engineering

** The Age of the candidate must lie in between 21-30 yrs considering that you belong to General Category.

** Age Relaxation :

>> For OBC Candidates : 3 years

>> For SC/ST Candidates : 5 years

** Number of Attempts :

>> For General Candidates : 4

>> For OBC Candidates : 7

>> For SC/ST Candidates : No Limit

** Nationality : Indian

So , from the basis of the above mentioned its quite clear that you are completely eligible to appear for the IES Exam if you do not have any active pending backlog.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
5th September 2013, 03:20 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

You have wrong information that petrochemical engineers are applicable for the Indian Engineering services.

Let me inform you that any candidate who has done his bachelor's degree in any stream or engineering or technology is eligible for the Indian Engineering services irrespective of the discipline .

So you are eligible for the IES exam.

It is another thing that people gets confused that only four streams candidates are applicable for the exam.But you have to give examination in any one of the four given streams :

>>Civil engineering

>>Mechanical engineering

>>Electrical engineering

>>Electronics and communication engineering.

You can select the stream as per your interest.

The age limit is 21-30 years and relaxations applicable for the obc and sc/st candidates in upper age limit.

If you belong to general category then you will get only four attempts ,for obc it is seven and for the sc/st candidates no limit.

Examination pattern:

If you are interested in applying for the upcoming IES exam in 2014 then the important dates for the IES exam 2014 :

Date of notification:15/03/2014

Last date of receiving application:14/04/2014

Date of examination is :20/06/2014

You can apply at the www.upsconline.nic.in.

Hope the information helps you as much as you expect .For any other assistance please do not forget to leave a message here .We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Enjoy your life and all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
5th September 2013, 09:30 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitendrakanaka View Post
IES stands for indian engineering services , it is conducted by upsc

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IES :

1. the candidate must have completed graduation in engineering from a recognized college/university

2. final year engineering students can also apply for the exam

3.students have to choose any of the following stream for examination :

a)civil
b)mechanical
c)electronics & electrical engineering
d)electronics & communication engineering

4. age limit of candidate should be 21 to 30 years
age relaxation for obc candidates is 3 years
age relaxation for sc/st students is 5 years

no of attempts :

4 attempts for general
7 attempts for obc
no limit of attempts for sc/st students

so as you are a graduate you are definitely eligible for ies exam, it is very prestigious job for engineers

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?