21st June 2013, 10:14 PM
muraga2626

Competition level in GATE chemical engineering?

may I know the competition level in gate chemical engineering.

13th September 2016, 11:39 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Competition level in GATE chemical engineering?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE is conducted by IITs or IISC for admission of candidates in Master of Technology. This examination is conducted for M.Tech course for more than twenty disciplines out of which chemical engineering is also a discipline.

GATE is an online computer based test which consists of 65 questions of 100 marks. There is negative marking for wrong answers.

It is a competitive examination which provided lots of benefits to Bachelor of Technology/engineering candidates and hence Competition level for Chemical engineering is GATE is tough. You need to have basic fundamentals of all technical papers of Chemical engineering clear to crack this examination.

If you clear this examination with good rank then you can get admission in IITs for M.Tech and while pursuing this course GATE qualified candidates receive stipend. Other advantage is that you will get call letter from top PSUs if you are among top rankers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?