18th May 2017, 10:23 AM
Aarvi Rathore

Which competitive exam is beneficial along with BBA ?

Which competitive exam (CS or BANK) is more beneficial along with BBA as I am a 12 passed student with 84.6% in commerce stream so I am confused which course should i pursue (B.com or BBA) and with BBA which competitive exam is beneficial?

18th May 2017, 02:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which competitive exam is beneficial along with BBA ?

List of competitive exam is beneficial along with BBA:-

Candidate who has done bachelors in Business Administration are eligible to write various competitive examination such as:-

Combined Graduate Level Exam conducted by Staff Selection Commission.

State Service Exam conducted by public service commission of every state examination conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board of respective States.

Civil Service Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

Common Written Exam conducted by the IBPS as well as in individual banks for the recruitment of probationary officers.
18th May 2017, 03:37 PM
help100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarvi Rathore View Post
Which competitive exam (CS or BANK) is more beneficial along with BBA as I am a 12 passed student with 84.6% in commerce stream so I am confused which course should i pursue (B.com or BBA) and with BBA which competitive exam is beneficial?
Look you cant pursue Banking because atleast graduation needed while appearing for any Banking exam, yes you can start preparation for it, and secondly CS you can be start just after plus 2 by appearing in the foundation, and if you are applying for B.Com you need to have interest in accounts and the fees of most of the colleges and universities are low, where as if you are applying for BBA you need to have interest in managerial and administrative aspect, and the fees are comparatively high if compared to B.Com.

In the above mentioned para, I just answered what you asked. Now, I'm going to clear you confusion and help you to chose your career path.

Look if you are interest in ending up career by doing a Govt jobs whether banking or non banking, then just apply for simple B.Com and prepare for Govt jobs. But if you are interested in Private jobs and lucrative salary, then BBA will give an advantage over B.Com and also it helps in pursuing MBA.

The best institutes offering BBA as follows:
-IIM, Indore,
-SSCBS, Delhi
-KM, Delhi
-DDUC, Delhi
-Gargi College, Delhi
-SGGSCC, Delhi
-HR College of Commerce, Mumbai
-Jai Hind College, Mumbai
-Mithibahi College, Mumbai
-KC College, Mumbai
-Symbiosis, Pune
-Symbiosis, Noida
-St. Xaviers College, Mumbai
-St. Xaviers College, Kolkata
-NMIMS University, Mumbai
-GGSI University, Delhi

Good Luck,

Help100%
18th May 2017, 05:47 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Administration while B.Com stands for Bachelor of Commerce.

Both the graduation courses are good enough for commerce studies.

However, B.Com would help you greater for your competitive exams.

Along with pursuing BBA course, you can start preparing for banking exams like:
  • SBI PO
  • IBPS PO
  • ICICI PO, etc.
19th May 2017, 10:16 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

BBA and B.Com are under graduate courses where as BBA is called as a professional degree and B.Com is a general degree. After B.Com you'll be having a good knowledge about accounts whereas BBA is professional you'll be having knowledge on different subjects. After BBA you need to MBA or any masters degree to get better opportunities.

There are few entrance exams for BBA like: CET for DU-BMS, CET for GGSIP-BBA, NMAT for NMIMS-BBA, SET for symbiosis BBA, AT for 5 year IPM at IIM. Most of the exams contains Quantitive Aptitude, General English, Analytical Reasoning and General awareness.
The eligibility for these entrance exams are as follows:

1. CET for DU-BMS: The selection process includes written test (50%), 12th class (30%), Interview (20%).
- You need clear 10+2 with minimum 60%.
- The exam is of 100 questions in 120 minutes.
- Negative marking is there for this exam (+3 for right answer & -1 for wrong answer).
2. CET for GGSIP-BBA: The selection process includes only the written exam.
- You need to clear 10+2 with minimum 50%.
- The exam is of 150 questions in 150 minutes.
- Negative marking is there for this exam (+4 for right answer & -1 for wrong answer).
3. NMAT for NMIMS-BBA: The selection process includes only the written exam.
- You need to clear 10+2 in first attempt with minimum 50% & 60% in Maths/Stats.
- The exam is of 150 questions in 120 minutes.
- Negative marking is there for this exam (full marks for right answer & -1/4th of the marks allotted for the question for wrong answer).
4. SET for Symbiosis BBA: The selection process includes written exam and GD/PI.
- You need to clear 10+2 with minimum 50%.
- The exam is of 150 questions in 150 minutes.
- No negative marking.
5. AT for 5 year IPM: The selection process includes written exam (60%) & PI (40%).
- You need clear 10+2 with minimum 60%.
- Age should not be greater than 20.
- The exam is of 100 questions in 120 minutes.
- Negative marking is there for this exam (+4 for right answer & -1 for wrong answer).

Since you have 84.6% in 12th standard you are eligible for all these exams. You can attend any of this exams and join in BBA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?