10th October 2010, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Various entrance exams for B.Arch in India? What is the eligibility criteria to do bachelor in architecture?

hello sir/maam,
i m a student of std 12th, i m interested in opting architecture as my career.
i would like to have the necessary information regarding the entrance exams for B.arch and the requirements for the same.

Related Questions:
  1. Various entrance exams for B.Arch in India? What is the eligibility criteria to do bachelor in architecture? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to get admission in DCRUST? I have scored 82/200 in NATA exam
  3. Are Civil Engineering students eligible for B.Arch?
  4. Procedure and eligibility to apply in M.Arch entrance exam to get admission in National Institute Of India for B.Arch 4th year student? Best coaching class for preparation of GATE(Architecture) in Chennai?
  5. Am I eligible for AIEEE after getting 44.6%? belong to SC category
  6. Admission in Architect course is possible after passing 10th? How much percentage is required in 10th and names of the recommended universities?
  7. What subjects should I opt in 11th to become an Architect?
  8. How can I join B.Arch after completing diploma in civil engineering
  9. Minimum Marks required in 12th class to get admission for BITS Misra through AIEEE?
  10. List of colleges and eligibility criteria for Diploma in Architecture course? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam?
  11. B.Arch course is good for future? Next level after doing B.Arch?
  12. What is the time duration of B.Arch degree after diploma?
  13. What are the requirements to join Architectural College in NCR?
  14. Entrance exams available to study Bachelor's in Architecture in Iran University of Science & Technology, Tehran?
  15. Eligibility criteria to study Archaeology course in post graduation course in abroad?
  16. Should I have to study BBA to apply for MBA?
  17. Can I apply for NATA, if passed higher secondary in 2013? -- [New]
  18. List of BFA 2016 entrance exams? Eligibility criteria, fee and colleges in North India?
11th October 2010, 12:41 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Various entrance exams for B.Arch in India? What is the eligibility criteria to do bachelor in architecture?

Its great to hear that you are following your interest which is architecture.

Well there are 3 main exams in India which will fulfill your dream of getting into the top institutes for architecture course

1) IIT JEE

2) AIEEE

3) NATA

These are the 3 exams of which i know at present.

IIT JEE:

For IIT JEE you must clear the entrance exam then only you will be allowed to sit for the architecture aptitude test. This is a rule of the IITs. Once you clear both the stages you can take admission in top arch college like IIT Kharagpur

Its a dream of all architectural students to study in IITs

The forms are normally out in month of november so keeo yourself updated by checking the official sites

Next is

AIEEE:

This exam is slight easier to crack and there are more no of seats compared to IITS. You will just need to appear for 1 test which is aieee. You will have to answer an aptitude and a maths paper and you will be given a rank according to your performance

The forms of AIEEE are normally out in month of december

Last is

NATA:

There are many colleges in India which accept NATA score to consider admission into the architechture courses. This is considered easier but competition makes it tougher

Soto be safe prepare for all these entrance exams . Take up some coaching, refer some good books and you surely crack it

All the very best
11th October 2010, 02:16 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Various entrance exams for B.Arch in India? What is the eligibility criteria to do bachelor in architecture?

the eligibility is you should be first class pass of 12th and you then you can apply for the various entrance exan=ms to take admission in B.ARCH such as
AIEEE,IIT JEE,UPTU
best of luck dear
4th December 2010, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 10th and nw im doing the diploma in interior designing and i want to do architectur after this diploma. Then can i get admission for b.arch after this cource (10 2)? If yes then wich exams i have to qualify for IIT, or any good college.
Please kindley give me reply. Ankit
5th December 2010, 01:14 AM
vinitshah23

hi ,
Various exams for which could help you to get in for b.arch are
1. AIEEE For architecture
2. NATA
Also various colleges perform their private entrance test exam . so you can even opt for that & get admission in b.arch
Best of luck for your future ....
5th December 2010, 01:18 AM
vinitshah23

Yes ankit , you can still opt for b.arch , all you have to do is go through various competative entrance exam & get in .
Exams like AIEEE , NATA helps you to get admission in any good college . also you can go for various private college entrance exams . best of luck .
5th December 2010, 04:01 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my 10th and nw im doing the diploma in interior designing and i want to do architectur after this diploma. Then can i get admission for b.arch after this cource (10 2)? If yes then wich exams i have to qualify for IIT, or any good college.
Please kindley give me reply. Ankit
Dear Friend
Admission in IIT for diploma holder students is a tedious job.
Though you are eligible to appear JEE, I would like to tell you that IIT-JEE does not entertain diploma holder students separately, which is really the worst drawback of AICTE or those who make rules.
The same is with AIEEE and NATA.
The entrance exam question includes question based on 12th standard which you have not studied. The only paper you can rock is the Arch paper.
So, its a tough job for diploma holders to grab such colleges, but it's not impossible.
If you are focused for great colleges of INDIA, invest your one year completely for IIT-JEE, AIEEE and NATA. One year sincere preparation is enough.
The result for Arch and Design comes separately so you just have to clear the cutoffs of PCM and your score will be raised by design paper.

Thank You
5th December 2010, 07:21 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey the best way to enter into the B.arch stream is through IIT JEE,AIEEE.There is even a test named National Aptitude test in Architecture through which you can get selected in IIT's/NIT's/deemed Universities and private universities.

You can get the full details of the exam in the following link

http://www.nata.in

You can even register yourself in the above link

There are even exams conducted by Universities like
Measi Academy of Architecture

So you can even try out in Private Universities.

all the best
5th December 2010, 07:39 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
Various entrance exams for B.Arch in India
the eligibility is you should be first class pass of 12th and you then you can apply for the various entrance exan=ms to take admission in B.ARCH such as
AIEEE,IIT JEE,UPTU

and other state level entraces.

good luck.
5th December 2010, 09:30 AM
pst

A bachelor's degree in architecture (B.Arch) or Diploma in architecture is needed to become a qualified architect. For practical purposes there is no difference between the two qualifications.

The basic eligibility criteria for B.Arch is 10+2 (senior secondary Class XII) or equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination from a recognized Board/University with a minimum of 50% marks in Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). Besides this, the candidate must qualify an entrance examination.
8th December 2010, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for nata 2011 Exam? Tutorials in Bangalore giving coaching for NATA? Is NATA compulsory or CET is sufficient to do B. Arch?
9th December 2010, 07:14 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

hello friend

your interest towards architecture has a lot scope

and many prestigious are giving entrance to the bachelors degree in architecture

by the following exams

aieee(B.arch)

IIT(B.arch)

these are the most prestigious exams in india

you can get into admission in top university's like

iits and niits by the above exams

all the best

~aditya~
13th December 2010, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

my son wants to go for btech and then mtech .i want to know if he need to give any entrance test and also which are the best institutes to join?
2nd February 2011, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

what coaching i have to take inorder to attempt and get rank in NATA exams.
12th February 2011, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi...
This is my final sem in diploma in architecture. i am intrested in naval architecture, i want to know what is the eligibilty criteria for naval architectuer.. are diploma students eligibil for this course?? if yes then which are the various entrance exam to be given...???

looking forward for the reply...
thank you
1st March 2011, 05:37 PM
dheenviasak

Hello friend........
you have an great aim to become an architecture.The arch field brings you pleasure and respect to your family in the society.to become an good architecture you should have the following.
1.creative thinking mind
2.good personality
3.ability to take quick decision
you have to prepare for exams like AIEEE,ITT JEE,NATA
most important exam is NATA.You ill have many exposure in this exam
and be prepare for your board and your entrance exams [COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]have a bright future.............
17th March 2011, 01:31 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,

Well there are 3 main exams in India which will fulfill your dream of getting into the top institutes for architecture course

1) IIT JEE

2) AIEEE

3) NATA

These are the 3 exams of which i know at present.

IIT JEE:

For IIT JEE you must clear the entrance exam then only you will be allowed to sit for the architecture aptitude test. This is a rule of the IITs. Once you clear both the stages you can take admission in top arch college like IIT Kharagpur

Its a dream of all architectural students to study in IITs

The forms are normally out in month of november so keeo yourself updated by checking the official sites

Next is

AIEEE:

This exam is slight easier to crack and there are more no of seats compared to IITS. You will just need to appear for 1 test which is aieee. You will have to answer an aptitude and a maths paper and you will be given a rank according to your performance

The forms of AIEEE are normally out in month of december

Last is

NATA:

There are many colleges in India which accept NATA score to consider admission into the architechture courses. This is considered easier but competition makes it tougher

Soto be safe prepare for all these entrance exams . Take up some coaching, refer some good books and you surely crack it

thank
8th April 2011, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

I aspire to become an architect, but I don't want to take up Science stream In 10 2. I am aware that Maths is necessary for doing architecture, but is Science 'complulsory'?
23rd May 2011, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

CAN I GET ADMISSION IN TOP COLLEGES BY GIVING ONLY nata AND NO OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION?
30th May 2011, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

my son is having commerce without maths but with fine arts . can he do artetecture.
4th June 2011, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for architecture exam on 10th marks
6th June 2011, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

A.I.R. entrance exam for architecture? And A.I.R. stands for?
13th June 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam i am presently studying in 12 wid pcm n cs as additional, i wnt 2 opt fr artitecture as carrier can u plz tel me the best college for architecture n d process of takin admision or ny %age criterion of getting admission in top college n the ranks required in IIT,aieee & nata for getting admission in desired college......plz help me
kanika
16th June 2011, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Hello!
I have just finished class 10, and i was wondering if i want to get into colleges in Bangalore (such as RV College of Engineering/BMS College of Engineering) to do B.Arch, what are the subjects that are necessary for me to take in my 2? Because i heard that one can get into architecture even after doing commerce. Also, do i need to write the CET? and what subjects in CET do i have to write to be eligible?
26th June 2011, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Hello, sir I m diploma student of mechanical ,now i read in II sem.Can diploma student appear in IIT-JEE entrance exam and if yes, then what abilities for this examination?
29th June 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/madam,
Is MASA exam important for architecture? because i was uaware about this exam and have nt given it? will i be not able to get admission in any of the colleges in mumbai? pls do help..
4th July 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

i want to ask whether a diploma holder in civil engineering after 10 is eligible for B.arch
and what will be the procedure for the same
5th September 2011, 02:53 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Eligibility criteria for b.arch is as follows:-

a bachelor's degree in architecture (b.arch) or diploma in architecture is needed to become a qualified architect.

The basic eligibility criteria for b.arch is 10+2 (senior secondary class xii) or equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination from a recognized board/university with a minimum of 50% marks in science subjects (physics, chemistry and mathematics). Besides this, the candidate must qualify an entrance examination.

Entrance tests : Admission to first year of five years full time undergraduate course in architecture (bachelor of architecture) in various colleges of india is through national and state level entrance examinations.

1. The cbse (central board of secondary education ) conducts a national level entrance examination- all india engineering entrance examination (aieee) on an all india basis for entry to undergraduate programmes in b. Architecture and b. Planning in government and private institutes. The paper consists of mathematics, an aptitude test and a drawing test.

2. The national aptitude test in architecture(nata), the online test with drawing exam is conducted by the national institute of advanced studies and architecture in association with the council of architecture (coa). Nata measures aesthetic sensitivity, critical thinking, perception, observation and architectural awareness.

3. Entrance to architecture programmes at the indian institutes of technology (iit's) is through the national level joint entrance examination (jee). Private institutes conduct entrance exams of their own. Different states also hold separate entrance exams for admission to architecture and engineering colleges in the state.

4.anna university chennai other state candidates admission notice 2011 b.e., b.tech, b.arch courses

5.punjab engineering college chandigarh (pec) admission announcement 2011 to b.e. / b. Arch. Courses and many more…

best of luck..
7th October 2011, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

i like to do B arch in correspondence which university offer me this course in my place (coimbatore) and what are the eligibility.
3rd November 2011, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum eligibility for taking adimission in b.arch through IIT
25th November 2011, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir..i am interested in studying architecture bt i got only 43%marks in maths...am i eligible...if yes, wen does the NATA entrance xam start..
pls reply
10th December 2011, 06:13 PM
mrenita

Friend you can pursue your interested engineering stream IN A best colleges of INDIA through three All india entrance exam such as

>AIEEE

>IIT

>NATA

And there are other state exams too ,to get into your interested subject.

ALL THE BEST
24th January 2012, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

hi sir/mam. i passed 10 2 with 55%. but my subject is comerce, can i take admission in B-Arch ?
31st January 2012, 11:59 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

yes you can give exam.
first you should decied which entrance test you want give such as IIt-JEE, AIEEE,PET etc.
it is upto you how much sincere and honest you are in your study, work hard you will definitely get success in your entrance exams.
15th February 2012, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam,
I am in standard 9th, I wish to choose Architecture as my career . I would like to know which are the enterace exams for the same.Which stream should I take science commerce or arts?Which institude is good in mumbai? as I am from mumbai.From when should I start studing for enterace exams?....waiting..for your reply....
Thank you.
25th February 2012, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam,
please let me know the other entrance exams for architecture with details . i have completed my 12th & have scored 111 in nata 2011?
reply....
8th March 2012, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

can you please list me all the exams supposed to be given for admission in architecture in mumbai?i know about AIEEE,NATA and MAH-ARCH CET.can you please suggest me with some more exams?
12th March 2012, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have done diploma in interior designing from board of technical education and now i want to do b-arch. am i eligible to give nata and aieee exam?
12th March 2012, 05:56 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

FRIEND,

LIST OF EXAMS FOR ARCHITECTURE COURSE IS:
  • Aligarh Muslim University Engineering Exam
  • All India Engineering / Architecture Entrance Examination
  • Andhra University College of Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Anna University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Bangalore University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Bharath University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Birla Institute of Technology Entrance Exam
  • BS Abdur Rahman University B.Arch Entrance Exam
  • Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)
  • Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
  • Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University B.Arch Entrance Exam
  • Hindustan University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IIT JEE)
  • Jadavpur University-Faculty of Engineering, Kolkata Entrance Exam
  • Jamia Millia Islamia University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Jawaharlal Nehru University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Kerala Engineering Architecture Entrance Exam – KEAM
  • Lovely Professional University National Engineering Aptitude Test (NEAT) Exam
  • Mahamaya Technical University Noida SEE Entrance Exam
  • Mumbai University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
  • Osmania University PG Entrance Exam
  • Patna University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Periyar University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Sardar Patel University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Sathyabama University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • School of Planning and Architecture Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Shivaji University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • SRM University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering (UVCE) Entrance Exam
  • Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (SEE)
  • Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) Engineering Entrance Exam

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA IS:

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

You must have done 12th class and Score at least 50% marks for general category and 40% marks for Reserved categories.

If you are appearing for the 12th exams then also you are eligible for the Exam.

AGE CRITERIA: Your age must be between 17 – 25 years and five years age relaxation for the SC, ST and PH candidates.

There are two types of papers in the AIEEE EXAM:

Paper I
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Mathematics

The questions from these topics shall be of the objective type and all shall have equal weightage.

Paper II
  • Mathematics
  • Aptitude Test
  • Drawing
This test is find out the observation skills, imagination, innovative skills, observation and architectural awareness of the applicant.

Paper -II is for the B.ARCH or B.PLANNING so those who are interested can fill the forms.
13th March 2012, 11:19 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
There are various entrance exams held for B.Arch course..
But the all India based entrance exams are as follows:---------------------

1.IIT-JEE
2.AIEEE
3.NATA

These three exams are held all India based..
The score you will secure in any of these exam will be accept by any technical colleges where B.Arch course is available.

So, get prepare for these exams..
Try to secure a very good score in the exam..
Because depending on the score card you will get admission..

All the best.
30th May 2012, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Do i need to do ISEET for getting admission in architecture? I have just passed 10th std ICSE with 96.4%. so do i need to start studying for NATA now? or do i need to study for ISEET?
30th May 2012, 08:11 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Various entrance exams for B.Arch in India? What is the eligibility criteria to do bachelor in architecture?

Hai...

LIST OF EXAMS FOR ARCHITECTURE COURSE IS:

• Aligarh Muslim University Engineering Exam
  • All India Engineering / Architecture Entrance Examination
  • Andhra University College of Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Anna University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Bangalore University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Bharath University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Birla Institute of Technology Entrance Exam
  • BS Abdur Rahman University B.Arch Entrance Exam
  • Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)
  • Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
  • Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University B.Arch Entrance Exam
  • Hindustan University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IIT JEE)
  • Jadavpur University-Faculty of Engineering, Kolkata Entrance Exam
  • Jamia Millia Islamia University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Jawaharlal Nehru University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Kerala Engineering Architecture Entrance Exam – KEAM
  • Lovely Professional University National Engineering Aptitude Test (NEAT) Exam
  • Mahamaya Technical University Noida SEE Entrance Exam
  • Mumbai University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
  • Osmania University PG Entrance Exam
  • Patna University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Periyar University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Sardar Patel University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Sathyabama University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • School of Planning and Architecture Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Shivaji University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • SRM University Engineering Entrance Exam
  • University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering (UVCE) Entrance Exam
  • Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (SEE)
  • Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) Engineering Entrance Exam

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA IS:

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

You must have done 12th class and Score at least 50% marks for general category and 40% marks for Reserved categories.

If you are appearing for the 12th exams then also you are eligible for the Exam.

AGE CRITERIA:

Your age must be between 17 – 25 years and five years age relaxation for the SC, ST and PH candidates.

All the Best....
6th June 2012, 02:07 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Various entrance exams for B.Arch in India? What is the eligibility criteria to do bachelor in architecture?

HI,
For B.Arch you have to qualify the exam like A.I.E.E.E, I.I.T-J.E.E.

A.I.E.E.E exam is conducted by C.B.S.E .

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with Physics, chemistry and maths with minimum 50% marks.
For ST/SC category they have to get minimum 45%.
> Must be above 17 year and below 25 year.
> Must be citizen of India.

Some top college offering B.TECH architecture are:-

School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi
IIT Kharagpur - Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
IIT Roorkee - Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Jadavpur University-Faculty of Engineering, Kolkata
National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra Ranchi

GOOD LUCK!
8th April 2013, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir/madam this year i am in 12th n i wish to take Architecture as my career n with that i want to take my B.Arch degree from the top most college of iit that's iit kharagpur but as from this year the exam is going to be all india level entrance exam i.e ISEET i am not getting the sufficient information required to appear for this exam . I am preparing for iit and nata as well sir will u'll please provide me the information regarding to this exam
9th April 2013, 02:08 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir/maam,
i m a student of std 12th, i m interested in opting architecture as my career.
i would like to have the necessary information regarding the entrance exams for B.arch and the requirements for the same.
HI!

ELIGIBILITY FOR B.ARCH EXAM:-
> Pass 12th with minimum 50% marks from recognized University or Board.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 55% marks is require.
> The age limit for exam is 17-25 year.
> Maximum number of attempts is 3.
> The candidate must be citizen of India.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> I.I.T-J.E.E
> A.I.E.E.E

Top architecture colleges of India:-

SCHOOL OF PLANNING & ARCHITECTUREIIT,

IIT, KHARAGPUR

IIT,ROORKEE

CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING & TECHNOLOGY

CHANDIGARH COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE

SIR J.J.COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE

BENGAL ENGINEERING COLLEGE

JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY

GOD LUCK!
19th May 2013, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

in(12)i hav scored 49% in pcm and i have scored 87 in NATA,can i take admisson in BArch,rply plzzzzzzzz..
27th May 2013, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

sir/madam i want to make my career in stream of B. Architect. now i want to know that which exams r left , through which i can get admission in good college of architecture. i have scored 62% in 12th & can't get good rank in RPET
20th September 2013, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

I AM 23 YEARS OLD ALREADY COMPLETED B TECH IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND I WANT TO DO B. ARCH CAN YOU GIVE ME THE NAMES OF EXAMINATIONS WHICH I CAN APPEAR IN TO GET ADMISSION IN B ARCH COLLEGES (EXAMS OTHER THEN NATA)
24th March 2014, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE NOT FILLED THE APPLICATION FORM FOR NATA?IS NATA MUST FOR ADMISSION TO ANY ARCHITECTURAL COLLEGE IN INDIA?Is nata compulsory in addition to admission through IIT-JEE b-arch entrance?
26th March 2014, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeks View Post
AIEEE,IIT JEE,UPTU
best of luck dear
Is it necessary to do all of them or is just doing NATA enough?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?