27th May 2012, 01:34 AM
ashwinimary

Is it compulsory to complete B.E/B.Tech degree to attempt the GATE exam?

Is it compulsory to have completed our BE/B.Tech degree to attempt the gate exam? can we write it during our 3rd year or final year of the course?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it compulsory to complete MBA in first attempt to be eligible for CA CPT?
  2. Is it compulsory to complete graduation with CA?
  3. For how many times an OC candidate can appear in GATE? Validity period of GATE scorecard? -- [New]
  4. What happens to previous year GATE exam score after second attempt? Can we choose best among the two scores?
  5. How many times can one attempt GATE exam? What is the score required for GATE?
  6. Sathyabama University B.E/B.Tech-Ist Semester Applied Chemistry-I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Is it compulsory to attempt both papers of AIEEE?
  8. Sathyabama University B.E/B.Tech-IInd Semester Applied Physics-II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. GATE eligibility after BSc in biotechnology? is it compulsory to appear for GATE exam to do M.Tech?
  10. Is GPAT score compulsory for NIPER?
  11. Sathyabama University B.E/B.Tech-IIIrd Semester Engineering Mathematics-III(6C0032) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Already given GATE exam for two times, can I give again i.e. GATE exam for third time?
  13. How to pursue M.Tech in Power System from IIT Delhi?
  14. Sathyabama University B.E/B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering-IInd Semester Circuit Theory (6C0026) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Which Exam is compulsory to pursue M.Sc in Food Technology between GATE Exam and CFTRI Exam?
  16. Do I have to select Maths as a compulsory subject to appear for GATE?
  17. Is it compulsory to have a degree in Aerospace in order to join NASA?
  18. If I complete my degree in 5 years then am I eligible for GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
27th May 2012, 10:40 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to complete B.E/B.Tech degree to attempt the GATE exam?

Eligibility For GATE 2012:
The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:
Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

so you see a btech degree is not binding.
you have to give the exam at the final year of such programmes.

hope this helps
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?