4th March 2018, 01:20 PM
Riya malu

Could I get admission in B.Ed with 46% in B.Sc in Chemistry?

I had passed B.Sc Chemistry with 46% marks. I wish to do B.Ed now. Could I get admission is B.Ed with 46%? If not, then what else courses can I choose with this mark?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to study BEd for BSc(Chemistry) student?
  2. Specializations available to study in BEd for BSc(Chemistry) student? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible to do B.Ed in Biology or Chemistry after doing MSc with Home Science?
  4. Am I eligible for DSC after completing Bsc(Biotechnology, biochemistry,chemistry) Msc(chemistry) BEd (Biological science, telugu)?
  5. List of colleges offering BSc+BEd(Mathematics) in India?
  6. How to get admission in BSc Hons Chemistry after scoring 95 marks in Chemistry?
  7. How to get admission into MSc in pharmaceutical chemistry? I am a BSc final year student with chemistry honors
  8. How to get admission in B.Ed in any college of UP?
  9. Benefits of studying MSc(Environmental Science) for a Professional Teacher with BSc(Chemistry) and BEd qualification?
  10. Is it possible to do B.Ed after completing BSc Physics with 60%?
  11. Which university offers B.Ed through distance education in AP?
  12. Can I get a good job in government school after finishing BSc Biotechnology?
  13. How to B.Ed course through distance education in AP? Which university offers this in AP?
  14. How can I take admission for MSc in pharmaceutical chemistry? I am studying in BSc final year with chemistry honors
  15. Eligibility to study BEd for BSc(MLT) graduate with 59% marks?
  16. Job opportunities for BSc Chemistry or MSc Chemistry and what kind of jobs are available for BSc or MSc Chemistry in India and Middle East? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Details of the private B.Ed colleges in and around Kolkata?
  18. Am I Eligible for SGT or SA? I've Completed B.Sc with biotech,microbiology,chemistry,bed biology, English and Telugu as 2nd Language.
11th March 2018, 12:17 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Could I get admission in B.Ed with 46% in B.Sc in Chemistry?

Bachelor of Education is the course which is mainly taken up by the candidates interested in teaching. Today in India it is important for anyone seeking teaching job to have B.Ed degree. It is mandatory in government schools and private schools are also giving importance to candidates with B.Ed degree.

The admission for B.Ed is given after completing Graduation course. You can pick any graduation course BA, B.Com, B.Sc, etc. Since you have completed Bachelor of Science, you will be trained to teach students subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, etc.

Bachelor of Education becomes extremely important when you are seeking government teaching job. Today you can not get government teacher job in central government or the state government schools without the B.Ed degree. Therefore anyone who wishes to appear for TET or CTET entrance exam is require to complete the B.Ed degree.

Eligibility criteria:

A minimum graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

At least 50% marks in graduation.

OBC needs 45% marks in graduation.

While for SC/ST the requirement is 40%.

Your education pattern 10+2+3.

The admission for B.Ed is given both on merit and entrance exam. However mainly colleges conducts entrance exams for admission. Mainly the exam pattern is similar in all the entrance exams.
11th March 2018, 10:21 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Ed course, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in Arts/ Commerce/ Science stream with minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ ST) aggregate marks from a recognised university. Admissions in B.Ed course are done through merit basis of Bachelor's degree examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university. So, if you belong to SC/ ST category, you can get admission in B.Ed course after completion of your graduation course in B.Sc. Chemistry with 46% aggregate marks from a Government recognised university. If you can't get admission in B.Ed course then, you can take admission in M.Sc. course for pursuing your higher studies.
11th March 2018, 12:32 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Education course:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

2. You should have minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree.

You can not apply for B.Ed course if you are from general or OBC category. SC/ST candidates with 46% marks can apply for B.Ed course.

You can pursue Master's degree in your discipline.
11th March 2018, 06:56 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Bachelor of Education is a teacher training course.

Any candidate who wants to pursue B.Ed course should meet given below criteria:

He/she should be bachelor's degree passed in any stream.

Minimum percentage of marks should not be less than 50%.

You can not apply for B.Ed course with 46% marks in Bachelor of Science in Chemistry.
11th March 2018, 10:00 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed is Bachelor of Education and it is two year ( or four semester ) course. The required eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission is :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in bachelor degree with relaxation for reserved category.

So, if you are from reserved category you are eligible to appear for examination to get admission in B.Ed course.
14th March 2018, 08:13 AM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Those candidates who have graduation degree in any stream with 50% marks from any recognized university are eligible for B.ED

There are 5% relaxation in marks for OBC candidates

So if you are of OBC or sc/st category then you can apply for this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?