28th May 2012, 10:56 PM
pranab kr goswami

Which course is better for me between MBA and ICWA? I am working as Divodional Accounts Officer in State Electricity Corporation

I am working as a Divodional Accounts Officer in a State Electriciy Corporation Ltd . I am 43 & BSc. Want to improve my carrier & earnings . Which course will be better for me either MBA (F) or ICWA ? WANT to know the correspondence coursres in such Degrees alongwith courses fee, address & other details.

27th April 2023, 12:13 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course is better for me between MBA and ICWA? I am working as Divodional Accounts Officer in State Electricity Corporation

Deciding which course is better for you between MBA and ICWA largely depends on your career goals, personal interests, and the specific skills and knowledge you wish to gain.

MBA (Master of Business Administration) is a postgraduate program that focuses on management, leadership, and business administration. It covers various aspects of management such as marketing, finance, human resources, operations, and strategy. An MBA degree can help you develop essential management skills and knowledge that can be useful in various industries and sectors, including the power sector, where you currently work.

On the other hand, ICWA (Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India) is a professional certification course that focuses on cost accounting and management accounting. It covers various aspects of accounting such as cost management, budgeting, financial analysis, and control. An ICWA certification can help you gain specialized knowledge and skills in cost and management accounting that can be useful in the power sector and other industries.

Based on your current position as Divisional Accounts Officer in the State Electricity Corporation, an ICWA certification can be a good fit as it can provide you with in-depth knowledge of cost accounting and management accounting concepts that are highly relevant to the power sector. However, if you plan to transition to more general management roles in the future, an MBA degree can be more suitable as it can equip you with a broad range of management skills that can be applied in different industries.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?