8th June 2011, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Age required for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirement to become an IAS or IPS officer?

I'm Love Bajwa of 16years. I want to know that at what age IAS & IPS exams were held. What are the minimum and maximum requirement to become the same and at what age a person will got his target to become an IPS or IAS officer.At what age this responsibility starts and at what age a person will retired? Please guide me at this regards by everything in detail. I shall be very thankful to u for this kind act.

18th July 2011, 08:02 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Age required for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirement to become an IAS or IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm Love Bajwa of 16years. I want to know that at what age IAS & IPS exams were held. What are the minimum and maximum requirement to become the same and at what age a person will got his target to become an IPS or IAS officer.At what age this responsibility starts and at what age a person will retired? Please guide me at this regards by everything in detail. I shall be very thankful to u for this kind act.
IAS and IPS entrances are not different Entrances they are the different cadres of jobs under the one common entrance exam called Civil Services Examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission). This is a central Govt body with different protocols(Rules and Regulation) for selection of candidates in to different prestigious positions

The examination codes of Entrance examination under UPSC are different from each others.

The basic eligibility criterion of Civil Service Exam is as follows :-

->you have to be with atleast a degree in your hand at the age of 21 years this is the simple eligibility for Civil services exam

->Nationality matters you should be a Indian

After the successful completion of 3 stage of Examination of your intellectual level attitude level etc.,

They will give you a cadre according to your rank obtained based on the marks in the three stages

->Preliminary
->Mains
->Interview.

After that there will be a training of 1-2 years in a specially designed training campus.
After successful completion of this you will be given a post right after that training period as a Junior officer with a good pay and all.

After that with your increasing experience your positions will also increase in the same way along with your salary.

This progression will be upto your retirement age of 62 years.

This is all about your question

Regards

~AdityA~
18th July 2011, 11:55 AM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: Age required for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirement to become an IAS or IPS officer?

To be an IAS or IPS officer folling eligibity is requirred:

1.you have to earn 3 years graduation degree from any streem.

2.you may 21 years old.

3. you should be an Indian.

They will give you a cadre according to your rank obtained based on the marks in the three stages like

*Preliminary
*Mains
*Interview.

After that there will be a training of 1-2 years in a specially designed training campus.
After successful completion of this you will be given a post right after that training period as a Junior officer with a good pay and all.

After that with your increasing experience your positions will also increase in the same way along with your salary and this progression will be upto your retirement stage.

Good Buy!
18th July 2011, 12:50 PM
vnr0001

Default Re: Age required for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirement to become an IAS or IPS officer?

How is an action query is different from select query?
18th July 2011, 12:53 PM
vnr0001

What is the difference between an ''or'' query and an ''and'' query?
18th July 2011, 01:03 PM
vnr0001

What are the limitations of DBMS?
18th July 2011, 01:11 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Thumbs up Re: Age required for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirement to become an IAS or IPS officer?

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

Eligibility Criteria For IPS

1.Age limit

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.

2.Number of Attempts

Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

3.Restrictions on applying for the examination:

A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.

4. Minimum Physical Standard
The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for 25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc. I shall give a detailed a/c of this sometime.

Services are divided into technical and non-technical. Technical services are IRTS, IPS, DANI PS, CISF, RPF & other Police organization. The Medical standards for Technical Services are stringent.

For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

(Those can’t expand the chest go to next service. If expansion is less during 1st Medical, i.e. just after interview; during second Medical, i.e. after the result, or appeal, expansion can be shown.)

Many people fail in this test of chest expansion.

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

Exam Pattern :

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:
Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.

The Preliminary Examination is held in May/June and the Main Examination in October/November. One must begin preparations of the main exam along with preliminary exam. This is because there is little time for the Main exam if one waits for the results of the Preliminaries.
18th July 2011, 02:15 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
to appear in ias or ips exam you must have to be a graduate or more ,
the age limit is 20 - 30 yrs there is some relaxation for sc/st students.
this exam is counducted by upsc .
after your job you will get retired at the age 60 yrs now a days the salary is in scale of six pay scale according to state gov.

for more information you can visit website .http://www.upsc.gov.in
goo luck...............
18th July 2011, 02:31 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

It is very nice to see that you want to become IAS or IPS officer in future and want to serve the nation.

Eligibility For IAS and IPS :-
The entrance examination for the post of IAS or the IPS is conducted by the UPSC.The minimum educational qualification required to apply for these examination is Graduation.The Graduation Degree should be obtained from a recognized Institution.The candidate's age should be between 21-30 years.Age relaxation is given to the SC/ST and OBC candidates.

The general candidates can attempt the examination maximum four times and SC/ST candidates can attempt maximum seven times.

The entrance examination related notifications are published in the employment news or you can see it in the site www.upsc.gov.in.

So first complete your Graduation and become eligible for the examination and try your Best.

Best Wishes....
18th July 2011, 02:37 PM
vnr0001

What is Procedural query language?
18th July 2011, 03:33 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Age required for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirement to become an IAS or IPS officer?

dear friend,
Age criteria for IAS and IPS exam-
*Your age should be in between 21-30 years for general..
There are age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST..
For OBC the age relaxation is 3years..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years..

Academic qualification -

*you have to complete your graduation in any discipline..

These are the requirements for IAS and IPS exam...

Both the exams are conducted by UPSC....

After clearing the exam you have to go through the interview session..

If you fulfill the criteria then go for it..Work hard ,prepare yourself..
For cracking these type of exam you have to be determine and you have to do hard work..

You can take preparation from different coaching classes.. They will help you to prepare for IAS and IPS..

All the best...
18th July 2011, 04:05 PM
vnr0001

What is the difference between a simple query and a complex query?
18th July 2011, 04:09 PM
vnr0001

What is overlapping key DBMS?
18th July 2011, 04:15 PM
vnr0001

What is the classification of DBMS and its interfaces?
18th July 2011, 04:37 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Hi,

entrance exam for both IAS and IPS is same conducted under Civil service exam which is conducet under UPSC(Union public service commision).

Qualification required-

Age limit-age of student should between 21-30 year.

education qualification required is graduation in respected course.

there are two test for these exam-

Preliminary exam
Main exam

After passing preliminary exam you are eligible for Main exam.without passing preliminary exam you are not eligible for main exam.you have to preparation of preliminary exam for eligibility in main exam.

best of luck.
18th July 2011, 04:42 PM
jayanti kumar

Hello friend,

IAS and IPS exams are conducted by UPSC in may-june every year. The maximum and minimum age requirement for being a civil servant is 21years and 30 years respectively. The minimum eligibility criteria is graduation from any UGC recognized university. The exam has three stages- Preliminary, Mains and interview. The retirement age is 60 years..for further details you can visit to UPSC website.
18th July 2011, 10:03 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

IAS and IPS both are civil services examination which is conducted by UPSC in every year for the selection of talented candidates of India as the post of IAS/IPS officer. IAS and IPS job is consider as the best job of India. To appear in the IAS/IPS job you need the following eligibility criteria :

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation students are also eligible to apply for the IAS/IPS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category. The details for age relaxation is given below :
For SC/ST candidates :- 5 years on upper age.
For OBC candidates :- 3 years on upper age.
For PD candidates :- 10 years on upper age.
For Ex-service man :- 5 years on upper age.

If you have graduation pass student and if your age is 21 years or above not more then 30 years then you are eligible to apply for the IAS/IPS examination.

For any more information regarding IAS/IPS examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
18th July 2011, 11:28 PM
sachin6

Age limit for ias and ips is 21 to 30years. The minimum eligibility is degree graduation. You write upsc exam for both ias and ips exam. It has 3 parts
19th July 2011, 01:12 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conduct Civil Services exam for IAS and IPS.

The basic eligibility requirement to appear in the IAS and IPS exam is to have a graduation degree. The candidate can be from any discipline of study.
The age of the candidate must be above 21 years of age while appearing the preliminary exam. The age of the candidate must not be more than 30 years(Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs).

No.of attempts :-for genrel - 4 attempts
for OBCs - 7 attemps and no limit for SCs/STs

Physical ability for IPS:- Minimum height of 165 cm for Men and 150 cm for
Women. minimum height is relaxable to 160 and 145 cm for SC/ST.

Syllabus:-

Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian National Movement
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
General Science.

Paper II - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
19th July 2011, 03:51 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
ias exam is conducted once in every year by upsc.
the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase by 5 more years for sc/st students.
any indian who have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks is eligible to give the ias exam. before giving the exam, you will have to select the subjects for which you want to give the exam.
firstly there will be a preliminary exam which contains objective questions.
if you qualify that exam, then you will have to give main exam which will be in written form.
after qualifying both the exams, you be called for interview and if you clear that interview, then only you will get the job.
at the age of 60 years an ias officer retires.
19th July 2011, 07:36 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

The qualifications required for the IAS and IPS exam are as follows:-

--> The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate .

--> AGE LIMITATION:-

-> 21-30 years for the general.

-> 21-33 years for the OBC.

-> 21-35 years for the SC/ST.

--> You need to clear the CSAT before applying for the Mains.

For more details:- www.upsc.gov.in.

Thanks.
26th July 2011, 10:24 PM
raksha chavan

is der any one wit whom we chat abt dis in detail....
27th July 2011, 12:10 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: Age required for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirement to become an IAS or IPS officer?

Quote:
Hey friend,

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

IAS is Indian Administrative Service and it is conducted by UPSC ever year.It is one of the Indian Civil Service exam.

The eligibility needed for this exam is:
  • The candidates must be a citizen of India.
  • The candidates must have a age limit of 21-30 years.
  • For SC/ST -35
  • For OBC - 33
  • For Ex-service men it is 5 years exception.
  • The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university.

The exam consists of 3 stages:

Preliminary exam
Main exam
Interview.

The possible attempts that the candidates can have according to their categories are:

SC/ST- No limit.
OBC - 7
General - 4

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

IPS - Indian Police Service

IPS is Indian Police Service and it is also conducted by UPSC ever year.It is one of the Indian Civil Service exam.

The eligibility needed for writing this exam are:
  • The candidates must be a citizen of India.
  • The candidates must have a age limit of 21-30 years
  • For SC/ST -35
  • For OBC - 33
  • For Ex-service men it is 5 years exception.
  • The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university.
  • The candidates who is appointed as a IAS or IFS of the are not eligible for the exam and continue to be a member of tat service.

Attempts:

SC/ST- No limit.
OBC - 7
General - 4

There are some physical requirements that the candidates must possess:

Height:

Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest:

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you.
28th July 2011, 08:16 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Age limits for I.A.S/I.P.S :-
  • The Applicants age should between 21 years to 30 years as on 1st August of the year of Examination.
  • Relaxation in age limit is given to the various reserved categories.
  • For OBC category : Three year relaxation
  • For SC/ST category : Five year relaxation
  • For Ex-Service man : Five year relaxation.

Physical Measurements for the I.P.S :-

Height :-
  • Male 165 cm Pahari Male (General candidates) & ST(not SC/OBC) -160 cm.
  • Female 165 cm Pahari Female (General candidates) & ST(not SC/OBC) -160 cm.

Chest :-
  • Male Minimum 84 cm.Expansion 5 cm.
  • Female Minimum 79 cm.Expansion 5 cm.
Eyesight :-

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
20th August 2011, 07:53 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

The entrance examination for the post of IAS or the IPS is conducted by the UPSC.The minimum educational qualification required to apply for these examination is Graduation.The Graduation Degree should be obtained from a recognized Institution.The candidate's age should be between 21-30 years.Age relaxation is given to the SC/ST and OBC candidates.

The entrance examination related notifications are published in the employment news or you can see it in the site www.upsc.gov.in.
27th August 2011, 10:49 AM
immadikondalarao

Post Re: Age required for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirement to become an IAS or IPS officer?

Quote:

hai ,
very good
u have a better future because u choosen right decisionn at right time
thia are the details to become an ias or ips
30th August 2011, 03:37 PM
dhruv007

both exam are conducted by UPSC . approximatly , both exams have similar eligibility criteria, for appearing in both exam you must to complete your graduation in any stream from any recognized university,within the age limit of 21-30 years for a general candidates. there is 5 years relaxation for SC\ST candidates.
no.of attempts- 4 times for a general cadidates,
7 times for OBC candidates
no such restriction for SC\ST candidates.
6th September 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

what do seet a Bsc.IT
10th September 2011, 01:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Graduation degree are also eligible for IAS and IPS exam.IAS and IPS exam conducted by UPSC.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS AND IPS EXAM:-

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:
For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
12th October 2011, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

HI
I m priya srivastava . I want to know that what percentage in graduation is required for IAS OR IPS.
22nd October 2011, 03:11 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Eligibility requirements for IAS(Indian Administrative Services) and IPS(Indian Police Services) officer

* Candidates should be the citizen of India.
* Candidates should complete graduation from recognized university.
* You should have age limit within 21 to 30 years.
* For OBC category age limit 21 to 33 years
* For SC/ST category age limit 21 to 35 years.
* Final year candidates are also eligible.

Attempts:

* For general - 4 attempts
* For OBC - 7 attempts
* For SC/ST - No limit

Best wishes
26th October 2011, 10:59 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear sir,

YES, You are eligible for IPS exam.Because you are belongs from India.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
26th October 2011, 06:26 PM
jeo-rocks

Eligibility For IAS and IPS :-

the entrance examination for the post of IAS or the IPS is conducted by the UPSC.The minimum educational qualification required to apply for these examination is Graduation.The Graduation Degree should be obtained from a recognized Institution.The candidate's age should be between 21-30 years.Age relaxation is given to the SC/ST and OBC candidates.

The general candidates can attempt the examination maximum four times and SC/ST candidates can attempt maximum seven times.

So first complete your Graduation and become eligible for the examination and try your Best.

thanks
26th October 2011, 10:32 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

IES eligibility criteria :

Educational qualification :You must be a graduate.
Age criteria :Your age must be within 21 to 30 years.

IAS eligibility criteria :

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IAS examination,
Then you must have these following criteria :

Educational qualification :

>>You should pass your graduation

>>You must have minimum 60% in your graduation

Age criteria :

>>Your age must be within 21 to 30 years.

**SC/ST and OBC candidates will get the age relaxation

>SC/St will get 5 years of age relaxation.
>OBC candidates will get 3 years of age relaxation.

Attempts :

>For general 4 attempts.
>For SC/ST :unlimited
>For OBC :7 attempts.
27th October 2011, 12:51 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

IAS

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

IPS

Eligibility Criteria:-

Educational Qualifications :

Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates having professional and technical qualifications recognized by the government are also eligible.

For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India

For other services, a candidate must be either :
(a) a citizen of India, or

(b) a subject of Nepal, or

(c) a subject of Bhutan, or

(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India. or

Age Limits :

(a) Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held.

(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relax-able:

(i) upto a maximum of five years for a SC/ST candidate.

(ii) upto a maximum of three years for OBC

(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during a particular period
Personal Attributes :
27th October 2011, 06:18 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello dear...
IAS and IPS entrances are not different Entrances they are the different cadres of jobs under the one common entrance exam called Civil Services Examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission). This is a central Govt body with different protocols(Rules and Regulation) for selection of candidates in to different prestigious positions

The examination codes of Entrance examination under UPSC are different from each others.

The basic eligibility criterion of Civil Service Exam is as follows :-

->you have to be with atleast a degree in your hand at the age of 21 years this is the simple eligibility for Civil services exam

->Nationality matters you should be a Indian

After the successful completion of 3 stage of Examination of your intellectual level attitude level etc.,

They will give you a cadre according to your rank obtained based on the marks in the three stages

->Preliminary
->Mains
->Interview.

After that with your increasing experience your positions will also increase in the same way along with your salary.

This progression will be upto your retirement age of 62 years.

This is all about your question

Regards

good luck
8th November 2011, 10:53 PM
VegaSridhar

Quote:

Hi,

The age required varies for different categories. But 21 years is the minimum age to apply for UPSC civil services exam.

GENERAL CATEGORY MINIMUM AGE-21 MAXIMUM AGE 30. NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS-4

OBC CATEGORY MINIMUM AGE 21 MAXIMUM AGE 33 NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS 7

SC\ST CATEGORY MINIMUM AGE 21 MAXIMUM AGE 35 NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS UNLIMITED

All the best
29th November 2011, 07:47 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Its good to know that, you are interested in CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION ,conducted by the union public service commission [UPSC]. Through this examination one can apply for the IPS/IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/INDIAN POLICE SERVICES).

For become a IAS\IPS officer, you must have to clear the civil service examination, which has three stages-

1.CSAT [CIVIL SERVICE ATTITUDE TEST]
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW. [PERSONALITY TEST]

For appear in this examination, you must have at least a graduation degree from a recognized college , what ever may be the stream is..

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years, there are 5 & 3 years of the age relaxations are applicable for the SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.
i.e. 21-33 years for the OBC [non-creamy layer]
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates..

Exam pattern-

Optional subjects -

For more info...-
www.upsc.gov.in

THANK YOU!!!
~GAMBLE~
26th December 2011, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have 47% in 12th & 54% in 10th & i am running B.sc. 3rd year with 60% average,
wihin i am from sc catagory . So i am eligibal to IPS & IAS or not.
Please give me reply
2nd January 2012, 04:56 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi
I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

ALL THE BEST!
2nd February 2012, 06:40 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

there are many eligibility
to become IAS and IPS officer
If you are interested in IAS
Then you will have to fulfill these criteria :

IAS Eligibility :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
For General :21 to 30 years.
[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.
16th March 2012, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

can IOCL employee having 10 years experience get raaxation in age limit? or is there any other procedure to get promotion to IAS/IPS cadre?
7th April 2012, 11:18 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Age limit for IAS and IPS:
For general:
the candidates age limit should be 21 to 30years.
OBC:
The age relaxation for obc candidates is 3 years.
SC/ST:
The age relaxation for sc/st candidates is 5 years.
For more details visit the website
http://www.upsc.gov.in
All the best.
29th April 2012, 01:43 PM
onest

To be an IAS or IPS officer folling eligibity is requirred:

1.you have to earn 3 years graduation degree from any streem.

2.you may 21 years old.

3. you should be an Indian.

They will give you a cadre according to your rank obtained based on the marks in the three stages like

*Preliminary
*Mains
*Interview.
30th April 2012, 05:58 PM
Krish1111

hi,

you can eligible with minimum qualification is degree like b.sc, b.a, b.tech etc..
age limits 20years to 30years
age relaxation 5 years to obc/st/sc candidate
you should be an indian
candidate selected by this 3 ways like:

Preliminary
Mains
Interview

No Of Attempts choice :
General 4times
SC/ST nobar
OBC 7times only limited for exampleall the best..
30th April 2012, 07:28 PM
Krish1111

hi,

you have to complete the degree with aggregate percentage 55%,
age limit 28 years , this is the simple eligibility for Civil services exam
you should be a Indian,After the successful completion of 3 stage of Examination of your intellectual level attitude level etc.,They will give you a cadre according to your rank obtained based on the marks in this three stages age relaxation to sc/ obc 3years.
selection type:
Preliminary
Mains
Interview
18th May 2012, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

may i become an ips officer before 21 years?
26th February 2013, 08:29 AM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
The age requirement for the IAS/IPS exam is as follows:

* For general 21-30 yrs

* For obc 21-33 yrs

* For sc/st 21-35 yrs....

And the minimum qualification requirement is:

* The candidate hold graduation degree in any stream from recognized university and you can apply online at www.upsconline.nic.in

For more information you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in
26th February 2013, 04:59 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS/IPS - Indian Administrative Service/Indian Police Service, to become an IAS/IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The age requirement for Civil Service Exam:-

General category candidate - 21 to 30 years

OBC Category candidate - 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category candidate - 21 to 35 years.

Apart from this the eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University with good Physical Fitness can apply for Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th August 2013, 12:18 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

following is the age requirement for appearing for UPSC exam

your age should be 21-30 years

Thus,

For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 year ( relaxation of 3 year for OBC )
For ST/SC category:- 21-35 year ( relaxation of 5 year for SC/ST)

Number of attempts for general candidates is 4,
number of attempts for OBC candidates is 7
no limit for SC/ST

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?