20th January 2013, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

How to join B.Tech college?

will i join btech. College directly ...could u please give me the details for the same

26th April 2013, 02:57 PM
Great Alexander of Macedo
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join B.Tech college?

Dear Friend,
First thing you must note that as per the government rules and regulations every student who wants to take admission for various Engineering courses must have given the Entrance exam of Engineering as well as he should be clearly passed from 10+2 Board Examinations or if he doesn't goes through this process he will be not eligible for seeking the admission under the Engineering Stream.

So,You must have given the Entrance examinations of Engineering.
The main reason of government to implement this process is that to send such student who are in real eligible for the Engineering as well as to prevent the corruptions which are undertaken by the colleges in the name of donations.

As after the exam result of both 12th and Entrance you have to just apply online and you will be getting admission for the colleges where you become eligible by the percentage you have got in both the exam and after that you have to just pay the fees of institutions without donations and rest all things and join the institutions.
26th April 2013, 07:10 PM
Syed Niaz Murshid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
will i join btech. College directly ...could u please give me the details for the same
hi,
i am glad to know that you want to know about how to join b tech college,

first of all you have to pass 12th board with science stream, then you have to appear in engineering entrance examination if you u ranked well then you will got chance in better college, some college provides management quota through which any 12th pass science student can get chance to get admission on that particular college but the condition is you have to pay a huge amount of money for it...

another way is also there, if u r a polytechnic student then after completing the course u can appear JELET exam for admission in 2nd year of b tech course..

you will get chance to admit in b tech college by appearing counselling procedure conducted by government , but you have to have good rank to get get chance in your favorite college

The following are Entrance exams are;-
AI.E.E.E
B.I.T.S.A.T
D.C.E-C.E.T
V.I.T.E.E.E
M.I.T.E.E,
E.M.C.E..T
J.E.E and other state level exams

thank you,

all the best
26th April 2013, 08:08 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
Yes, you can join B.Tech college directly but you will not get admission in top college like:-
> S.R.M University
> Manipal University
> Lovely Professional University
etc

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> I.I.T-J.E.E
> A.I.E.E.E
> D.C.E-C.E.T
> I.P-C.E.T
etc

ALL THE BEST!
27th April 2013, 12:59 AM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria to join any B-Tech college is to pass class 12th with minimum 60% marks (aggregate).

Some of the engineering entrance exams are

ISEET

VITEE

BITSAT

DCECET

Some of the best engineering colleges are listed below..

Some of the colleges also take admission thorough the marks scored in AIEE and IITJEE. Such as

Thappar University.

LNMIT

Jaypee Institiute

All The Best
27th April 2013, 10:47 AM
shlrao
Senior Member+

To get admission in the B.Tech course fist you should have completed your 12th class with the PCM stream. After that you have to give any national or state level engineering entrance exam. If you are thinking to take admission in the higher top universities then they are also taking their own exam. So you should also know there exam from their websites.
After giving the exam you will be call for the counselling and there you can fill your choice of stream/branch or college. Then on the basis of merit you will get the admission.
27th April 2013, 11:23 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hello,
As far as btech colleges are concerned, you have to know some of the basic criteria for joining such colleges,at least you have know that you have done with your 12th exam.

>>See, if you want to get into some of the good colleges like IITs and NITs you have to take in some effort and show that you can do it.

>>You have to write exams like AIEEE,IIT-JEE, BIT SAT(for birla institute of technology).

>>There is no such thing as getting direct into a good engineering college, entrance exams will be there as i have said.

>>Nevertheless,there are ways of getting into private colleges by giving donations, but they charge high for that. If you want to get into some of the best colleges you have to write entrance exams for that.

Here are some of the top private engineering colleges in India:-

Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani

Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra

International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad

PSG College of Tech., Coimbatore

Manipal Inst. of Tech., Manipal

Thapar University, Patiala

Inst. of Tech, Nirma University

PES Inst. of Tech., Bangalore

National Institute of Engineering (NIE), Mysore etc.

>>Make sure that, if you get into private colleges, it is AICTE approved or UGC recognised, hope this helps,
27th April 2013, 12:56 PM
jpraju555

Thumbs up Re: How to join B.Tech college?

Quote:

dear user good morning
yes it is possible to join in engineering directly without qualifying in competative exam but you just pay the fee by management quota.Now a days many engineering colleges offers low management fees to join in engineering.also eligible for scholorships..another important one is you must pass intermediate ok.
27th April 2013, 02:30 PM
C Sivakumar

Post Re: How to join B.Tech college?

Quote:
Hi,
To join B.Tech, you must have chosen Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science or equivalent in Plus 2 (10+2) and passed with good marks.
Option 1:
You can write Gate entrance exam and apply to government colleges like Indian Institute of Technology, National Institute of Technology(formerly Regional Engineering Colleges), controlled by D.O.T.E(Directorate of Technical Education). This is cost effective but needs lots of hard work in studies.

Option 2:
Can join private colleges like Roever Engineering, Chennai VelTech, Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Engineering College - there are around 135 engineering coleeges just in tamil Nadu alone - there are lots of them all over India - you may need around Rs 40,000 per year.

Thanks & Regards
C Sivakumar
2nd April 2019, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

I have passed out my 12th standard with low grade 45% at arts stream and i also got a certificate of AIEEE with 40th position , so can i still get admission at B.tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?