29th June 2012, 10:16 PM
rrajvarun

Which course should I select to become a Pilot?

Hi my name is varun i am studying 10th what course should i select to become an pilot pls help me

30th June 2012, 08:34 AM
cenahlr

Default Re: Which course should I select to become a Pilot?

To become a pilot, you don't have to be in great shape or have superior hand-eye coordination. For private pilot privileges, you will have to, at some point, pass an FAA medical exam, but for most this is little problem if you don't have a known heart condition and your vision is reasonably good or can be corrected (with glasses or contacts) to be good (not necessarily perfect). If you have concerns, see a doctor first.
30th June 2012, 09:35 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible to join after you complete your 12th standard. You must opt for Physics, Chemistry and Maths during the same. After this the first step to apply for the Student Pilot License with DGCA. The next step is complete 60 hours of flying and secure the Private Pilot License. The final step is to complete the required 250 hours of flying to acquire the Commercial Pilot Licence. If you are interested in joining the IAF then you can apply for the NDA exam after 12th standard. Another option is to complete engineering and then pursue your aspirations.
30th June 2012, 12:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrajvarun View Post
Hi my name is varun i am studying 10th what course should i select to become an pilot pls help me
To become a commercial pilot you will have to get Student Pilot License (SPL) and Private Pilot License (PPL) or Commercial Pilot License (CPL).

Eligibility Criteria

Educational qualification - Even 10th pass candidates can obtain SPL. While for CPL the candidate must have passed 10+ 2 in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum of 50% marks

Age limit - For CPL the age of the candidate must between 18-30 years.

Height - THe candidate must have a height of a minimum of 5 feet.

Eyesight - The candidate must have an eyesight of 6/6

You must find a flying club approved by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) You can also check their website to get the list of the same.

Student’s Pilot License

23 flying clubs in India issue SPL. For this you will have to give a test which will test your basic mathematics knowledge of the aircraft, engines and aerodynamics. you will have to pay Rs. 1 lakh for these courses.

Private Pilot License

It is the second stage. In the theoretical exam conducted by DGCA your knowledge about aircraft engines, air navigation, aviation meteorology and seamanship will be tested and in practical exam you will have to fly with an instructor for 40 hours and alone for 20 hours.
The training period is around 2 years and the cost will be 2-5 lakhs.

Commercial Pilot License

This is the third stage. The theoretical exam will test your knowledge of Air Regulations, Aviation Meteorology, Air Navigation, Technical Planning and Communications in Radio and Wireless Transmission.

For practical part you will need 60 hours of PPL. 200 solo flying hours. You will also have to give a fitness test.

The training period will be around 1 year and you will have to pay 8-15 lakhs.
30th June 2012, 02:48 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: Which course should I select to become a Pilot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrajvarun View Post
Hey friend,

To join in as a Pilot of Indian Air Force is not possible by you at this stage as you are not satisfying the needed eligibility criteria for joining in Indian Air force.

You need to write the entrance exam for joining in Indian Air Force and there are many entrance exam which is conducted in India for candidates to join in Indian Air force.

The minimum qualification needed by the candidate in order to apply for the exam is that you need to have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects

If you are possessing that education qualification then you could apply for the NDA exam which offers you to join in Indian Air force and there are certain other criteria's which you need to satisfy in order to apply for the exam.

They may include such as that you need to be a citizen of India.The Martial status for the exam is that the candidate must be a unmarried male candidate

The age limit for the exam is that the candidate appearing for the exam must have 16 1/2-19 years.

Candidate need to be physically fit while appearing for the exam as it is a important criteria.

If you are possessing all these above mentioned criteria then you can join in Indian Air force by writing the NDA Exam.

You can get more information at http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th June 2012, 03:26 PM
tanveersandhu

well my dear friend the minimum qualification for becoming a pilot is +2 with science and mathematics. Then you can go for NDA exam where you can become a pilot by opting the appropriate course. You should satisfy all the necessary conditions required for NDA.
You can check them on the website www.upsc.gov.in.
Thanks.
30th June 2012, 04:52 PM
rairohit25

hi friends,

To join in as a Pilot of Indian Air Force is not possible by you at this stage as you are not satisfying the needed eligibility criteria for joining in Indian Air force.

You need to write the entrance exam for joining in Indian Air Force and there are many entrance exam which is conducted in India for candidates to join in Indian Air force.

The minimum qualification needed by the candidate in order to apply for the exam is that you need to have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects

If you are possessing that education qualification then you could apply for the NDA exam which offers you to join in Indian Air force and there are certain other criteria's which you need to satisfy in order to apply for the exam.

They may include such as that you need to be a citizen of India.The Martial status for the exam is that the candidate must be a unmarried male candidate

The age limit for the exam is that the candidate appearing for the exam must have 16 1/2-19 years.

Candidate need to be physically fit while appearing for the exam as it is a important criteria.

thanks
30th June 2012, 04:54 PM
rairohit25

Unhappy Re: Which course should I select to become a Pilot?

hi friends,

thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?