22nd May 2011, 07:03 AM
Unregistered

Courses during summer training for B.Tech 2nd year student helpful in placements?

I m b.tech 2nd yr studnt .What course shud i opt, that would b beneficial for the placement as wel to my knwldg?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply for training in BSNL if last date is passed away? Does it helpful? What are the topics available in training for B.Tech(CSE) 2nd year student? -- [New]
  2. Where in Delhi could I do my summer training? I am a B.Tech 2nd year student
  3. Procedure to apply for Summer Training being a student of pursuing 2nd year in EEE?
  4. Summer Training/Internship programme for B.Tech ECE 2nd year student?
  5. How can I apply for summer training in various companies after completion of 2nd year of engineering?
  6. Where to apply for summer training after 2nd year B.tech in EEE in Bhubaneshwar?
  7. How can I apply for summer training? I am a B.Tech 2nd year student
  8. How and where to apply for summer training in Biotechnology?
  9. Which one course should I opt for my summer training- either embedded systems, telecom or java at CDAC, Mohali? I am pursuing B.Tech(2nd year) with ECE stream from Jaipur
  10. How may I apply for summer training at BHEL, Bhopal? I am 2nd year B.Tech(civil stream) student
  11. How to get summer training in TCS/Wipro after 2nd year of B.Tech. in Bioinformatics? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to do training in HAL? I am a student of B.Tech 2nd year
  13. List of companies and courses that I should opt for summer training during the engineering degree?
  14. Where to join for summer training during holidays of B.Tech IT 2nd year?
  15. List of the training centers, offering summer training for B.Sc 2nd year students?
  16. How to pursue summer training while studying B.Tech Biotech
  17. Summer training from IBM after 2nd year B.Tech?
  18. List of the top institutions offering summer training for 2nd year chemical engineering students? I am a student of 2nd year student of chemical engineering at NIT, Durgapur
28th May 2011, 04:11 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Courses during summer training for B.Tech 2nd year student helpful in placements?

Yes of course going through summer training courses will definitely help you out in placements.There are many courses which you could opt for like for example if you belong to the CSE stream then courses related to JAVA,Web Designing,Animation will help you out.If you belong from either Mechanical, Civil stream then Auto-cad courses will be beneficial.

There are even many companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys, DRDO, BHEL, BEL, GAIL and other such Public.You can get the details regarding internship in the official website of the companies.All the companies mentioned above have their respective sub branches in many cities hence you can contact the branch office directly rather than contacting the head office.You can contact the officials of the companies from their website.The Director/HR is the approving authority for internships hence it will be better that you contact him.

It will be better that you go through the internship after completing your third year of the graduation course since you will cover all most 75% of the subjects in the third year.Since there are limited number of seats in each company hence apply for the course earlier itself.
28th May 2011, 04:25 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Courses during summer training for B.Tech 2nd year student helpful in placements?

hi
mow you are in 2nd year . you want to training in summer yes that will helpfull to you in placement
but you donot mention your branch,
if you have computer science then you go for java,.NET,animation course etc.
but you might be sure that what course you done you thorugh that subject completly.
At any time when one people ask you some question about that subject, you will answer from this .So you really benifited then to do course...

Yes,if you have electronics branch then you have do embedded system,radder communication etc..
28th May 2011, 11:01 PM
Deb51

yes additional courses are very much helpful to built your career in a particular field. but in the courses you must know the course. only certificate can't do anything if you have no knowledge in the course. so you must take admission in a course which is related to your branch of study. you may do some computer course which is beneficial for all stream course. try to do course from a reputed institution.
28th May 2011, 11:36 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Every company wants to recruit the extra ordinary candidate so if you have any extra certification, training, course then definitely you will get a high chance to place in the top companies.

You can do summer training according to your stream which you have in your B.Tech class. Many companies are giving the training to the candidate to make a good employee. After successfully complication of your training you have a chance to get job in those companies.
31st May 2011, 11:04 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Courses during summer training for B.Tech 2nd year student helpful in placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m b.tech 2nd yr studnt .What course shud i opt, that would b beneficial for the placement as wel to my knwldg?
COURSE TO OPT FOR PLACEMENT AND KNOWLEDGE

-> You didn't mention which branch you are in.. but anyways companies which coming for placement inside college is most probably software oriented so some of the courses which you can opt for are as follows...

-> SCJP ( Sun Certified Java Programmer )

-> ORACLE ( Database )

-> CCNA ( Cisco Certified Network Associate )

-> RHCP ( Linux )

-> These are some of the courses which you can opt for in 2nd year to increase your knowledge as well pay a way for good placements....
23rd July 2011, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have completed my 2nd sem from cse depart.. do i have any course to opt for that would help me in placements?
10th August 2011, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m frm electrical branch so wht courses should i opt for?
16th August 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

i am a 2nd year IT student.. what courses can i do during my studies that would be helpful for my placement...... what are the subjects to be concentrated during btech??
31st August 2011, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Is it better doing CISCO networking course in B.Tech 2nd yr or in 3rd yr?
31st August 2011, 07:08 PM
rana2011
Banned

yes additional courses are very much helpful to built your career in a particular field. but in the courses you must know the course. only certificate can't do anything if you have no knowledge in the course. so you must take admission in a course which is related to your branch of study. you may do some computer course which is beneficial for all stream course. try to do course from a reputed institution.

Thanks!!
31st August 2011, 07:12 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Hello,
You should give your branch , so that we can btter help you,
any way,

first of all , if you are a Cs student Then you just go for any of the DATABASE course..
For other branch student you need not any coure:
You must Go for any Summer training: If you do it in 3rd year then it ll be better.

you can go for classes like: apptitude ,and reasoning , oand for communication s=class also, where they ll practice you all the PI,GD and other activitie also..

For campus you should thorough about the project..
What ever you done ..
you should have a basic knowledge of all your branch paper, because , what their question ll be, we can't guese.. so be prepare for all..

Good Luck````
31st August 2011, 10:41 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
Yes summer training will definitely help you at the time of placement.Remember one thing to crack the placement you have to crack the interview and for that you have to prepare at-least two subjects like a master of that two subjects.At time of summer training do training on your selected subject that you want to answer on interview.The project you will make is also important because that will also be asked in interview.
All the best.
18th August 2012, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

i am a b.tech ME student. I just completed my summer training. please tell me about the additional courses that would be helpful for getting a reputed job ?
8th February 2013, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m a b.tech cse student.I have just completed my 3rd sem.Please tell me about the best course i can choose for summer training.
8th February 2013, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am a b.tech cse student.i have just completed my 3rd sem.please tell me about the best course i should choose for summer training.
8th February 2013, 09:13 PM
koml jain

Sir i am a b.tech student.i just comleted my 3rd sem.please tell me about the best course i should choose for summer training after my 2nd year.
8th February 2013, 09:16 PM
koml jain

Sir i am a b.tech cse student.i just comleted my 3rd sem.please tell me about the best course i should choose for summer training after my 2nd year.
21st March 2013, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am a b.tech civil student.i just complte my 3rd sem.please tell me about the best course i should choose for summer training after my 2nd year
21st March 2013, 05:46 PM
sushildhaker

Following courses are helpful in placement-

1 CATIA

2 UGNX

3 Solidworks

4 CNC machining

5 CNC with CMM

6 Automobile assembly line workshops

7 Engine design and manufacturing

8 Metrology and measurement

9 PLC and SCADA

10 Embedded system

11 Robotics

12 C/C++

13 App development

14 Ethical hacking
7th April 2013, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

is training in matlab is good after 2nd year???
7th April 2013, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

is training in matlab good after 2nd year ?
7th April 2013, 05:43 PM
rohitthakur007

is training in matlab good after 2nd year for good placement?
16th July 2013, 12:52 AM
luckyss
Senior Member++

dear friend.....

Courses during summer training for B.Tech 2nd year student helpful in placements
---------------------------------

1 CATIA

2 UGNX

3 Solidworks

4 CNC machining

5 CNC with CMM

6 Automobile assembly line workshops

7 Engine design and manufacturing

8 Metrology and measurement

9 PLC and SCADA

10 Embedded system

11 Robotics

12 C/C++

13 App development

14 Ethical hacking
3rd November 2014, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

sir i m student of b.tech mechanical 2nd year.
i want to do training so what are options i have??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?