13th April 2011, 01:44 AM
Pallavi Naicker

Criteria for applying for MSc Biotechnology course in USA? Which entrance exam do I need to answer? What are the qualifications required and how much marks are needed in BSc?

I'm at present doing S.Y.B.Sc.Biotechnology in India n i wanted to do my M.Sc.Biotechnology from USA (preferred: New York University or Central Washington University. i just wanted to know the criteria for applying for admission n about the enterence exams or any sort of test needed, about the qualification eligibility n marks needed in B.Sc.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the criteria to apply for Ph.D in biotechnology in USA? Which entrance exam do I answer? What is the qualification required?
  2. How to do my MSc Biotechnology from USA? I am doing TYBSc Biotechnology
  3. Is it better to do MSc in UK or USA after completing BSc Biotechnology
  4. What is the criteria and qualifications required for applying entrance exams in Germany?
  5. What are the course is required in M.Sc after which we can do PhD in Genomics in USA?
  6. How to do biotechnology after passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology? Is it compulsory to do BSc and MSc? List of some colleges in Pune? What is the qualifying marks for the entrance exam?
  7. How to go for further studies in Biotechnology? I have done BSc Honors in Biotechnology
  8. Criteria and qualifications for applying entrance exams in Germany?
  9. What is the procedure followed for doing M.Sc Biotechnology in USA?
  10. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for M.Sc Biotechnology? -- [New]
  11. Procedure to join MIT, USA for pursuing MS with scholarship? Which entrance exam to pass?
  12. Procedure to join MIT, USA? Details of scholarship and entrance exam?
  13. When will be the registration for BSc Nursing? How much is the qualification? How much Percentage is required? Which are the tests to be taken before admission?
  14. B.Sc (nursing) admission in AIIMS: When will registration start? Qualification for applying? Marks needed and tests for admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Procedure for admission in MSc chemistry? How much marks are needed?
  16. Steps to be followed for studying M.Sc in Biotechnology in USA? What sort of entrance exam needs to be cleared?
  17. Percentage needed in 12th board exam to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology course? Entrance exam which I need to answer?
  18. Can I study in USA after passing 5th semester of BSc IT? Which type of entrance exam is required to take admission in USA?
6th July 2011, 05:58 PM
deva.ezhil

Thumbs up Re: Criteria for applying for MSc Biotechnology course in USA? Which entrance exam do I need to answer? What are the qualifications required and how much marks are needed in BSc?

Dear pallavi,
To do PG course in USA:-
Each institution has its own requirement for admissions. Hence visit the website of the particular university or college where you want to apply to fulfill its requirements. Most of them require the following documents.
1. Application form that includes information about you.
2. Certified copies of your academic records (transcripts, etc.).
3. Standard test records (TOEFL and/or GRE , GMAT). You plan to take the exam in October-December, so giving sufficient time for arrival of scores required for August-September admission. The test scores can be sent directly to the applied university by mentioning its name in the answer sheet of the exam paper.
4. A statement of purpose.
5. Letters of recommendation.
Most universities ask for 3 current letters of recommendation from the persons qualified to evaluate your academic and professional qualifications and mail them directly to the Admissions office. The letters must be signed by a professor, signed and sealed with the college seal.

6. Evidence of financial sources to pay for the education or a financial aid application or an affidavit of support from the sponsors.
In order to meet US immigration requirements, proof of financial sources to cover educational and living expenses for the entire duration of the program must be I place before visa documents can be issued. A completed Financial certificate along with evidence (Bank statements, Scholarship letters) must be submitted directly. Please attach a photocopy of the identification page of the passport.

7. Application fee for processing your application US$30 and US$50 payable by cheque in US Dollars.

Standard test:-
1. TOEFL.(Test of English in Foreign Language)
2. GRE (Graduate Record Examination) – 2 parts.
i) General GRE – computer test to measure Verbal, quantitative and analytical skills developed over a period of time and not o a particular topic.
ii) Subject GRE.

VISA to study in USA:-
F1 visa.
For more details on visa, www.f1study.com
http:/www.path2usa.com/immigration/visacategory/studentvisa/
12th July 2011, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Criteria for applying for MSc Biotechnology course in USA? Which entrance exam do I need to answer? What are the qualifications required and how much marks are needed in BSc?

what is create in m.sc biotech and after entrans exams...
30th July 2011, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Criteria for applying for MSc Biotechnology course in USA? Which entrance exam do I need to answer? What are the qualifications required and how much marks are needed in BSc?

is there any coaching institute for preparation of GRE OR TOEFFLE??
23rd March 2012, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

What are some of the job carees in ghana after geting your Bsc. Agricultural biotechnology?
31st May 2012, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

i am a b.sc microbiology candidate.Is it possible to do m.sc biotech?
3rd June 2012, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

i m a sybsc student in biotech wat r the criteria for doing msc in usa n wat r the courses available in biotech after ty
15th October 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

i am doing msc integraed biotechnology in maharashtra,india. i want to do my PG in USA. what should i do for it...???
8th March 2013, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

i have B Sc biotechnology than we are applicable or not for gre entrance examination
19th May 2013, 05:32 AM
Unregistered

how will i get scholarship for pursuing mscbiotech n also hw much will i earn aftr dat n us
28th November 2013, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

List of univercities in U.S.A. For M.Sc. Biotechnology
11th December 2013, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12 and I want to do bio tecnology from USA what should I do
Please tell me in detail
30th December 2013, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Currently doing tybsc in zoology. Am I eligible for doing MS in biotechnology from USA ?
8th March 2014, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

i am a b.sc botany student. what all courses can i apply for in foreign universities. ?
26th August 2014, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

I have finished 12 and want to do B.Sc. in Biotech in India, thereafter can I go USA for my Masters'if yes, what are the Criteria to fulfill and shall I be able to go USA?-Rishabh R.Vora.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?