3rd March 2012, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Criteria for joining marine engineering after 1st year engineering?

What is the criteria for joining marine engg. after 1st year engg.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any medical eligibility criteria for joining Marine Engineering course?
  2. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy having passed 10+2 Science in PCM with 45% of marks?
  4. Courses for marine engineering? Colleges for marine engineering?
  5. Am I able to do Marine Engineering after 12th with 65%?
  6. After scoring 67% in 12th am I eligible to do Marine Engineering? Fee structure of this course?
  7. Eligibility to get admission in Marine Engineering after scoring 60% marks in 10th but average marks in 12th?
  8. Procedure to join Marine Engineering course after B.E in Mechanical Engineering? Fee structure of this course and the course duration?
  9. Will I be able to join marine engineering with 65% in 12th? What is the fee structure?
  10. Criteria, scope of marine engineering? How to take admission in Top Marine engineering colleges?
  11. Required Qualification to join Marine Engineering?
  12. Marine engineering undergraduate qualification requirements
  13. Qualifications required to join Marine Engineering? Can I join it after ECE?
  14. What should be my cut off marks for joining government marine engineering colleges? -- [New]
  15. How to join PG course in marine engineering after my UG? Which institute is best to study marine in India? Is there any entrance exam for marine engineering?
  16. Is it possible to get into Marine Engineering after BCS(Computer Science)? Forms to be filled to get into Marine Engineering?
  17. Am I eligible to study M.Tech(Marine Engineering) after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? List of colleges with eligibility criteria?
  18. Can I get admission in ISRO after completing B.Tech(Marine Engineering) 1st year? Whether B.Tech(Marine Engineering) have any value in ISRO?
22nd February 2013, 11:10 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Default Re: Criteria for joining marine engineering after 1st year engineering?

Hi,

If you are in 1st year,then you can change your branch in 2nd year. You can join marine engineering in the first year itself at some of the good colleges. MARINE ENGINEERING is one of the most adventurous and exciting branch which has lots of scope in future.

>>It includes boats,ships,oil rigs and uses engineering sciences mostly electrical and mechanical engineering for the development,design,application and maintenance of ship.

>>Knowledge about the propulsion,working of ship,design etc is also there.

Eligibilty:

You have to clear IIT JEE (more preferable).

You have to clear 12th with PCM with 60% preferably from any recognized board.

physically fit in all respect.

free from any type of eye disease and color blind.(+2.5 or -2.5) for power eye minimum.

Some of the best institutes:-

Tolani maritime institute(tmi)-pune

Indian maritime university(imu)-chennai

Samundra institute of maritime studies-mumbai

International institute of maritime studies,mumbai

International maritime institute(imi)-delhi/ncr

Institute of technology and marine engineering-kolkata

B P.marine academy-navi mumbai

Indian maritime university(imu)-chennai

So,you have to clear this exam,and choose your career with your dreams.

All the best!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?