22nd September 2013, 09:31 PM
Tejasvibatchu

Details about Indian Air force? I am pursuing B.Com final year in Hyderabad

I am Tejasvi. Right now am pursuing my bcom final year in hyderabad . I want to know the details regarding application Airforce and navy and job vacancy dates ? When we should apply for job vacancy?

Related Questions:
4th June 2015, 12:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details about Indian Air force? I am pursuing B.Com final year in Hyderabad

No, you are not eligible to join the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy. The examination conducted for the recruitment is by the UPSC through the CDS examination. The examination is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in the CDS examination for the Indian Air Force and Navy are :-
* Candidate must have passed the graduation degree from a recognised university
* The discipline of the graduation must be in Physics/ Mathematics / B.tech .
* Candidates age must be between 19-22 for the IAF and 19-23 for the Indian Navy.

The examination is conducted in two stages as the Written and the SSB. It is mandatory to qualify in both of them for the final selection. So you are not eligible for the IAF and Navy but you are eligible for the IMA.

The selection in the IMA is also through the CDS examination and candidates completed graduation in any discipline are eligible to appear in it.

The application for the examination is made available in the December and August for the examination conducted in the February and the October.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in. offical website for the UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?