30th August 2011, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Details regarding Civil Services Exam? Am I eligible to write Civils if I am an Optometry(Intern) student in BITS Pilani?

hello, sir!!!
i'm siddhu from hyderabad i'm an optometry(intern) student in off campus degree of bits-pilani
so i wanted to know the details regarding CIVILS SERVICES i mean can i eligible for writing civils ?

31st August 2011, 10:49 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details regarding Civil Services Exam? Am I eligible to write Civils if I am an Optometry(Intern) student in BITS Pilani?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello, sir!!!
i'm siddhu from hyderabad i'm an optometry(intern) student in off campus degree of bits-pilani
so i wanted to know the details regarding CIVILS SERVICES i mean can i eligible for writing civils ?
Firstly I have to Informed you that The Civil services examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year and to apply for this examination you need to be a graduate In any discipline form a recognised university.

>> If you have completed your Graduate degree course then you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination, So Its not matter if you have completed your degree through Regular or Correspondence.

If your college was recognised by UGC and Government authority then you are eligible to apply for UPSC examination.

>> But to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

>> So, Graduation is the Minimum Eligiblity criteria to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for UPSC Civil services examination.

>> The Notification of this examination was published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Official website, the Notification was Going to be Published soon in the Month of February 2012, So If you are Interested then please apply for this examination next year and candidates may apply for this examination online or offline.

And If you want to get more Information about UPSC Civil services examination, then please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
31st August 2011, 11:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details regarding Civil Services Exam? Am I eligible to write Civils if I am an Optometry(Intern) student in BITS Pilani?

Dear friend,

Yes , You are eligible for CIVIL SERVICE EXAM if your graduation degree is UGC approved.

The CIVIL SERVICE EXAM is conducted by UPSC in every year.

Those are graduate are applicable for civil service exam.

But your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation is provide 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

So if you want to apply for civil service exam you can visit UPSC own website.

All the best.
31st August 2011, 11:23 AM
NEIL6

Civil Service demands a graduation degree in any discpline from your side and that

degree should be from a UGC approved college or university. It doesnt matter whether

you have completed your degree regular or intern(correspondence).

You have completed your degree and that is too from Bits Pilani that is UGC approved. So

you are eligible for civil services.

Best wishes!
31st August 2011, 12:27 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello, sir!!!
a graduate degree holder student from a recognised college or university who is within the age limit of 21-30 years of age is eligible for appearing in the civil service exams.. u have a maximum of 4 attempts..all the best
31st August 2011, 04:36 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello, sir!!!
Hello friend,
For civil service examination, you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

You must be a graduate, in any discipline.
You must have attained the age of 21 years.
You must not be over 30 years.

The maximum age limit is 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST category.

For notifications and more information regarding civil service exam, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
30th January 2012, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I am studying 2nd b.sc maths. what are the eligibility of the civil service ?
3rd February 2012, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

What are the best coaching centres for civils in hyderabad
28th February 2012, 02:10 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

If you have completed your Graduate degree course then you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination, So Its not matter if you have completed your degree through Regular or Correspondence.If your college was recognised by UGC and Government authority then you are eligible to apply for UPSC examination to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates. So, Graduation is the Minimum Eligiblity criteria to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for UPSC Civil services examination.
29th February 2012, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

i am studied my degree in distance education is iam eligible?
29th February 2012, 08:37 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
hello, sir!!!
HI!
After passing graduation you are eligible for I.A.S exam..

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
30th April 2012, 09:02 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

If you have completed your graduation form recognized university i.e. UGC approved then you are eligible for applying in civil service examination.

Eligibility:-

-To apply for this exam, you must be a graduate from a recognized university.
-Final year students can also apply.
-Candidates who have completed their technical courses are also eligible for this exam.

-Age limit to appear in this exam is 21-30 years.
-age relaxation is there for SC/ST, OBC candidates.
-For SC/ST- 5 years of relaxation is there.
-For Other back ward class (OBC)- 3 years of relaxation.

-You must be an Indian citizen to apply in this exam.

How to apply:-

-You can apply either online or offline.
-For applying online , visit http://upsconline.nic.in.

-For offline , The application form costs 30 /-. It is available in designated post Head post office.
-After filling the form send to the given address.

Civil service selection procedure:
The civil service exam will consist of Three successive stages.

1)preliminary examination
2)main examination
3)interview
21st June 2012, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

i am a final year BCA student and i am planning to do my MS in Abroad.am i eligible to take up IAS exam after pursuing my PG from Abroad?? please help me out
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?