17th January 2018, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Is Diploma accepted as basic education requirement for Combined Defence Services Examination?

I am 26 now and have completed Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS). Am I eligible for Indian Combined Defence Services Examination (CDC) or I need to first complete my graduation? Is Diploma enough?

18th January 2018, 04:18 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Diploma accepted as basic education requirement for Combined Defence Services Examination?

No, you are not eligible to appear in CDS ( Combined Defence Service ) examination.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that the candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university.

The required stream and age limit varies with the different wing. So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear in the examination.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
18th January 2018, 07:38 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Is Diploma accepted as basic education requirement for Combined Defence Services Examination?

At present you are not eligible to take CDS examination as the minimum qualifications as mentioned in the notification by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) are :

- One must have completed bachelor's degree from a recognised university or have appeared in the final semester examinations.

- For Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, one must be from science background in ones senior secondary or else you will be eligible only for OTA (Officers Training Academy).

- Age limit for OTA is upto 27 years and for rest of the forces is 25 years.

- You need to complete your graduation first as Diploma will not suffice the desired requirement.
18th January 2018, 08:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The basic qualification required by a candidate in order to join Combined Defence Services is graduation.
As you have completed your diploma ,so you are not eligible to join Combined Defence Services.
18th January 2018, 10:04 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Minimum qualification required to appear in CDS examination is graduation degree from a recognised University. And one who wants to join nautical group must have passed graduation with PCM.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?