23rd November 2017, 10:28 PM
Sarath 10

Which diploma to select to join Indian Army?

Sir/Mam, I am planning to study Diploma in mechatronics. And I want to join India army. So, I am confused to take which Diploma in mechatronics or diploma in computer engineering. So, sir which course will be easy and good to get a good post on Indian Army. Without NDA, sir any another way?

24th November 2017, 02:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Red face Re: Which diploma to select to join Indian Army?

Let me make you clear that a diploma holder is not eligible to appear in CDS examination because to join Indian Army you have to appear in the CDS examination and minimum qualification required to appear in this examination is graduation so you have to complete your graduation in the same field or some other field in order to join Indian Army through CDS examination.
24th November 2017, 02:18 PM
manjira...

Default Re: Which diploma to select to join Indian Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarath 10 View Post
Sir/Mam, I am planning to study Diploma in mechatronics. And I want to join India army. So, I am confused to take which Diploma in mechatronics or diploma in computer engineering. So, sir which course will be easy and good to get a good post on Indian Army. Without NDA, sir any another way?
You can take any of the courses to apply for Indian Army however it will be better if you take Diploma in Computer Science. Apart from NDA you can apply for CDS to join Indian Army.

NDA is National Defense Academy. The examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment of the candidates in Air Force/Navy/Air Force. The eligibility criteria are as follows:-

><The candidates should be Indian citizen.

><Age of the candidates should be between 16 to 19years.

><Unmarried male candidates are only allowed.

><The candidates should have passed 10+2 level from a recognized board. For Air Force/Navy the candidates should study PCM in 10+2 level.

><The candidates should be physically and mentally fit with good vision.

CDS is Combined Defense Service. The examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment of the candidates different defense wings like-
  • Indian Military Academy
  • Air Force Academy
  • Indian Naval Academy
  • Officers Training Academy

The eligibility criteria for CDS are:-

><The candidates should be Indian citizen.

><Age of the candidates:-
  • IMF: 18-23years
  • AFA: 20-24years
  • INA: 18-23years
  • OTA: 18-24years

><The candidates should have a Bachelor degree from a recognized university. For INA/AFA the candidates should have studied PCM in 10+2 level.

><The candidates should be physically and mentally fit.

><Unmarried candidates are only allowed.

Applications are available through the UPSC website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
24th November 2017, 02:23 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is not considered equivalent of graduation. So you cannot apply for CDS examination that is conducted by UPSC to join Indian Army. You must have to complete your graduation with having Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in intermediate level.
Your minimum age should be 19 and maximum age should be 25 years.
24th November 2017, 11:30 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarath 10 View Post
List of Diploma courses to be pursued for post of Indian Army are as follows:-
Civil Engineering
Computer Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Information Technology
Mechanical Engineering

But you need to qualify entrance examination without qualifying you will not be eligible to join in Indian Army. You can go through NDA entrance test as well as through Army vacancies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?