18th April 2017, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Procedure followed to join Indian Army after completion of diploma?

Hi, I am studying in a diploma first year. I want to join Indian army after diploma and also want to study in be in mechanical field. I also want to do something in weapons field in Indian army? Can you please provide me the details on this? Thank you!

19th April 2017, 09:53 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure followed to join Indian Army after completion of diploma?

After the completion of your Diploma course, you can join Army through NDA examination or CDS.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for NDA and CDS, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria for NDA examination:-

Candidates must have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised University.
Candidates age must be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Candidates must be physically fit according to the norms of Indian Army.

Eligibility criteria for CDS:-

Candidates must have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised University.
Candidates age must be in between 19 to 24 years.
Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Candidates must be physically fit according to the norms of Indian Army.

Candidates must have to qualify in the above mentioned examination in order to join Indian Army.
19th April 2017, 11:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There are many technical tradesman jobs available for diploma holders in Indian Army. Just apply for it, when there is a notification. Age should be between 17 to 21 years.
Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and physical fitness test conducted by the Indian Army.
20th April 2017, 12:28 AM
khanexpert

I am sorry to say that you cannot join Indian Army after completion of your Diploma if you have not completed your 12th standard of education from a recognized board. However, if you have studied +2 level of education, then you can go for it.

You will have to appear for NDA examination and after clearing it, you will be eligible to move up to the next round, i,e, SSB. After clearing the SSB round, you will be most eligible to join Indian Army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?